Firmware Upgrade Difficulty
990 5 2022-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My Mini SE has been flying well, in a radio-busy area. The area is not optional - that's where I want to capture developments using the camera and video. A couple of days ago when I opened DJI Fly I saw a notice about new firmware and was invited to download it. I followed the instructions but after the firmware download I was told that installation had failed. I haven't been able to find a solution.
I wonder if this is because my smartphone hasn't got enough free memory. I've addressed that by removing all possible memory-hungry apps and clearing cache and data throughout all my remaining aps; I'm aware how quickly memory is gobbled by so many and so I do a regular clean. On this occasion I had around 1.2GB of apare memory and I think that might not have been enough. I wondered whether to uninstall my current DJI Play app to clear sufficient memory and then reinstall it later. But I'm nervous!

That's the situation. Not at all sure how to proceed, I can't find any tips from DJI or on the forum. Please can anyone help?

2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, BrianLittlewood. Thank you for reaching out, and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. To further confirm, may we ask for a screenshot of the error message showing on the DJI Fly app? Alternatively, you may also try updating the firmware through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
Here are the steps for updating the firmware:
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) at: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series).
2. Power on the Mini SE and connect it to the computer with the USB cable. 3. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). After the DJI Assistant 2 identifies the aircraft, click the connected device name icon.
3. Select "Firmware Update" from the left-hand side and choose the option to "Update" or "Refresh" whichever is available.
Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-14
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Tony and thanks for your reply.

I can't provide a screenshot because the message no longer appears. But I do remember that all it said was "Firmware not updated".
It didn't give any advice on what I must do next.

I don't want to complicate things further bt using your recommended DJI Assistant 2, in case it brings on additional problems.

2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BrianLittlewood Posted at 11-15 03:19
Hi Tony and thanks for your reply.

I can't provide a screenshot because the message no longer appears. But I do remember that all it said was "Firmware not updated".

Thank you for the update, BrianLittlewood. We understand and respect your input. In addition to our suggestions posted above, please consider the following instructions as well:
1. Make sure that the remaining battery level is 50% or more (both RC and drone).
2. The firmware update failed if the aircraft or remote controller is powered off during the update process. In this case, please power on the aircraft and remote controller, and update again.
3. Ensure that the internet connection is stable and will not get interrupted during the firmware download.
4. Use another mobile phone; Android <---> iOS and vice versa. Restart the devices before attempting to update again.
Additional notes: During the update, the aircraft will restart multiple times and automatically shut down after the update has been completed.
We look forward to your update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-15
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 19:50
Thank you for the update, BrianLittlewood. We understand and respect your input. In addition to our suggestions posted above, please consider the following instructions as well:
1. Make sure that the remaining battery level is 50% or more (both RC and drone).
2. The firmware update failed if the aircraft or remote controller is powered off during the update process. In this case, please power on the aircraft and remote controller, and update again.

Many thanks Tony. I'll proceed as advised and get back to you.

Fingers crossed,

Brian
2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BrianLittlewood Posted at 11-17 09:15
Many thanks Tony. I'll proceed as advised and get back to you.

Fingers crossed,

You are most welcome. We hope that it goes well for you. Thank you and have a nice day!
2022-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules