New DJI Mavic 3E/3T Firmware Released (12/28/2022)
5387 15 2022-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2023.12.28
  • Aircraft Firmware: v09.00.05.05
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.01.02.02
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: V9.0.5.31
  • DJI Assistant 2: v2.1.12

What’s New
  • Fixed some minor bugs.
  • Added some functions to meet local regulation requirements.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 or DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series), and retry.
  • Make sure the firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 are the latest versions. Otherwise, usage may be affected.

Overview:

• Date: 2022.12.12
  • Aircraft Firmware: v05.02.05.06
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.03.03
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: v5.2.1.3
  • DJI Assistant 2: v2.1.6

What’s New?
  • Added ability for the confirm button on the remote controller to be used as the customizable C3 button, the function can be customized in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Optimized Flight Task functions:
  • When the aircraft is taking photos during a flight task, the buttons or dial on the remote controller cannot control the camera to take photos or videos, focus, or zoom to avoid accidental touches, which may affect the flight route.
  • Mapping task added support for the Safe Takeoff Altitude option to improve route safety.
  • Fixed issue: the descent speed of the aircraft is limited to a maximum of 3 m/s.
  • Fixed issue: the flight speed of the flight task is limited when using Distance Interval Shot as photo mode in mapping tasks.
  • Added support for Mavic 3E to save PPK data by default for all photo formats.
  • Added ability to measure temperature for Mavic 3T when the side-by-side view is enabled in IR camera view.
  • Added ability to switch the liveview to IR mode for Mavic 3T during mapping tasks.
  • Added Infrared Thermal Camera Sensor Burning Protection for Mavic 3T to avoid damage to the thermal camera.
  • Fixed issue for Mavic 3T: blurred infrared images during a Waypoint Flight.
  • Fixed issue for Mavic 3T: electric wires are displayed abnormally in liveview in some scenarios.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 or DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series), and retry.
  • Make sure the firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 are the latest versions. Otherwise, usage may be affected.

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.11.15
  • Aircraft Firmware: v05.01.02.03
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.02.10
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: v5.1.1.3
  • DJI Assistant 2: v2.1.4

What’s New?
  • Added Real-Time Follow function, which can perform real-time follow mapping using the vision system of the aircraft to improve the operation efficiency.
  • Added High-Res Grid shooting function, providing both wide and close-up images.
  • Added support for DJI Pilot 2 to download online geoid files. By downloading open-source data of ASTER GDEM V3, the geoid database can be directly used to obtain DSM files in Terrain Follow.
  • Added SD card storage encryption function to ensure the secure use of media files. After enabling the security code on DJI Pilot 2, the security code set by the user is required to access the data stored on the SD card.
  • Added support for customized development of Payload SDK.
  • Added access to some flight control parameters, which can be customized on DJI Pilot 2.
  • Optimized basic flight functions: the aircraft maximum altitude can be set to 60 m when GNSS is not available.
  • Fixed issue: recording conflict when the screen recording function of the remote controller and the speaker are turned on at the same time.
  • Added Smart Oblique function for Mavic 3E, which improves operation efficiency by planning two perpendicular s-shaped routes and shooting in three directions.
  • Improved mapping accuracy for Mavic 3E in low-light environments such as cloudy days or at night.
  • Added Infrared Image Super-Resolution function for Mavic 3T, which can capture clearer infrared images in low-light environments.

Notes:

2022-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2022-11-14
Use props
DP Timo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183668 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Can you show some screenshots from the „Real-Time Follow function, which can perform real-time follow mapping using the vision system of the aircraft to improve the operation efficiency.“? Sounds interesting…
2022-11-15
Use props
pspec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

- Added access to some flight control parameters, which can be customized on DJI Pilot 2.

Can you explain which parameters exactly?
2022-11-15
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Added Smart Oblique function for Mavic 3E, which improves operation efficiency by planning two perpendicular s-shaped routes and shooting in three directions.
Could you explain what are the 3 shooting directions?

Thanks,
2022-11-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

So many questions I have after reading these notes.  I wish there was better explanations.
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_3ePCTelJbXRU
lvl.2

Switzerland

Should‘t this message also show up in the M3T section?
2022-12-6
Use props
djiuser_3mnxSx8pO2qj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10643271 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PaulKofi Posted at 11-16 04:17
Added Smart Oblique function for Mavic 3E, which improves operation efficiency by planning two perpendicular s-shaped routes and shooting in three directions.
Could you explain what are the 3 shooting directions?

They are -45,-90 and -135 degrees all whilst in forward flight.
2022-12-8
Use props
Sierdiukov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169183 ft
Poland

Hello, have a question about Terrain Follow mode with DSM file. How to unlock speed limit? I need full speed (or 10 m/s at least) at 60 m AGL with terrain follow mode on. I know - blur motion etc... I have 1/1000 shutter conditions, it will be ok. DJI soft lets me about 5 m/s for now. Too slow.... How to unlock speed limit?

EDIT: I think I found a reason.
The algorithm in the software cut the speed when setting the shutter activation to a distance. After changing to time interval - magically Mavic starts to fly 15 m / s ....  The only thing that comes to my mind as an explanation is the computational load when calculating the distance - maybe it needs more time for it and specifically reduces the speed to be able to accurately calculate the coordinates of the shutter release. And when he shoots with a stopwatch - it's easier for him and he can fly faster.

2022-12-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Sierdiukov Posted at 12-8 10:57
Hello, have a question about Terrain Follow mode with DSM file. How to unlock speed limit? I need full speed (or 10 m/s at least) at 60 m AGL with terrain follow mode on. I know - blur motion etc... I have 1/1000 shutter conditions, it will be ok. DJI soft lets me about 5 m/s for now. Too slow.... How to unlock speed limit?

Your speed is limited by the drone's ability to save data to the SD card.
2022-12-8
Use props
Sierdiukov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169183 ft
Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-8 11:26
Your speed is limited by the drone's ability to save data to the SD card.

Nope. M3E has very quick clock. DJI Mavic 3E:
Single: 20 MP
Timed: 20 MP
JPEG: 0.7/1/2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60 s
JPEG+RAW: 3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60 s

But I've just found a reason Photo Mode

2022-12-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Sierdiukov Posted at 12-8 11:45
Nope. M3E has very quick clock. DJI Mavic 3E:
Single: 20 MP
Timed: 20 MP

Good if you found a solution. However, the speed of your drone is still limited by the recording speed. As indicated in the specs you mention.
2022-12-8
Use props
SurveyingRemotePilot
lvl.2

Australia

Can you please let us know when we will have the option to manually set the white balance to preset options such as Sunny, Cloudy and Overcast?

This has been a major limiting factor of the Mavic 3E for mapping purposes.  we are now considering other options outside DJI as this has been an issue for over 12 months.
2023-12-21
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

Can someone please explain, "Added some functions to meet local regulation requirements."

Usually, when updates change things to meet local regulation requirements, there are fewer functions and more rules.
2023-12-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI claims to be fixing minor bugs but can't even put the correct year in the title of their post about it. Also can't remember to pin this on the top of the board like is always done. We're waiting on the addition of white balance and such and DJI can't even remember what year it is. 2024 might be rough for us still holding hope.
2023-12-31
Use props
Ryan H.
lvl.2
United States

We updated the firmware on 1/8/2024.

Issue 1 and 2:
The first 2 issues are similar to what this user experienced with the M300: https://forum.dji.com/thread-291723-1-1.html
"Creating flight route folder failed"
"Failed to save Payload Settings. Reconfigure before executing flight route."

I have attached the image of their screenshot.

Issue 3:
When uploading the mission:
Red box reading "Failed to upload flight mission. Upload failed. Try again later. (-19)"

Issue 4:
In RTK settings, RTK is connected and in use, but the base station is showing 0 satellites. Standard deviation is fine throughout, but occasionally the base station satellites will appear and then go back to 0.

If it matters, the mission was a linear flight mission with 3 segments. We tried executing all 3 at once and experienced Issues 1 and 2. We then tried executing only the first segment and experienced Issue 3.

Issue 4 was persistent.
1-31 12:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules