Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Agras T30 RTK using base station grids via the internet
2597 9 2022-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Campofres
lvl.1

Uruguay

Hi,

We are using Agras T30 and have many isues of satellite absolute position erros.
In Uruguay fiels are big, about 60 Ha avarage, with irregular shapes an sometimes with several ostacles, so it takes a long time to create a map.  On this time satellite shift ocurs, so even that we mark control points (Yellow stars), we cannot achieve the necessary precision.
On other we find very expensive to buy optional RTK base antena, In Uruguay more than USD 5000. The problem is that this technology will probably be obsolete in a few years, so it will be imposible to payback!

So we want to find out wether it is posibles to use Uruguays national station grids that provide realtime position corrections via the Internet Ntrip . (In Uruguay his service is provided by Military Geogrephic Information Services).

Is anyone using this kind of position error correction anywhere?

Is there a tutorial of how to use it on the DJI Agras T30?

Thank you
Best
Felipe
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We will check these problems and keep you updated here.
Thank you.
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update:
Sorry for the long waiting, hope the following information helps:
1. T30 support D-RTK2 and custom network RTK;
You can choose network RTK(better price than D-RTK2), we support NTRIP network RTK with RTCM3.0/RTCM3.1/RTCM3.2 protocol
1). Connect locally via OcuSync to your D-RTK 2 Mobile Station. (RTCM3.2)
2). Connect remotely via a 4G Dongle to a custom RTK network using an NTRIP account.(RTCM3.2)
3). Connect remotely via a WiFi hotspot to a custom RTK network using an NTRIP account. Not available in Europe.(RTCM3.0/RTCM3.1/RTCM3.2)

2. D-RTK2 and network RTK services are used in many places

3. You can learn how to use our aircraft through the following channels:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJIAgriculture/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DJIAgriculture
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/DJIAgriculture
There is currently no video tutorial. After you buy a custom network RTK, your seller will provide the port and account number. You can fill in it in the RTK settings of the remote control.

Thank you for your support.

GTScreenshot_20221117_192028.png
2022-11-17
Use props
Campofres
lvl.1

Uruguay

Natalia,

Thank you for your fast answer!

I will study al the information you sent me, and hope that I can sonve my trouble.

Best

Felipe Fresnedo
2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Campofres Posted at 11-17 07:09
Natalia,

Thank you for your fast answer!

Please keep us updated on the result, thank you.
2022-11-17
Use props
Campofres
lvl.1

Uruguay

Hi Natalia,

Fortunately, i could make the Ntrrip work!
Using a VRS, I could reduce absolute position error to a few centimeters !!

Now, I have to test it on the field in both situations:

1) When planning (drawing) a field

2) Whwn executing a Task

In Uruguay, mobile cell signal is very weak in low areas, so it gets interrupted until you move som meters to a higher area.

So, I need to experiment how does DJI Agras T30 handles mobile signal momentary interuptions?
The ystem should keep last position corrections recived and continue working until it recieves signal again and the update al corrections. Is this the way it works?

Keep you informed
best
Felipe Fresnedo
DRAGUR URUGUAY
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Campofres Posted at 11-18 05:22
Hi Natalia,

Fortunately, i could make the Ntrrip work!

Thanks for your update. Please let us know more updates and feedback.
2022-11-18
Use props
auro
lvl.2

Brazil

To using VRS the drone need to send GGA position to the NTRIP Server, where this position is setteded in joystick? The drone position is send in automatically form?
2023-3-15
Use props
OTAVIO.SILVA
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi there! How are you guys doing?

I've facing the same situation about our setup, and it seems that is exactly the same as yours (T30+RTK via NTRIP). The new element is that I'm moving around connected to a starlink router, which gives me a solid link wherever I am for way lower price than buying a basestation.

We were able to connect to our server and get the same accuracy as yours for mapping but couldn't actually spray using RTK orientation.

The remote operates at centimeter level, NTRIP connection is fine but the aircraft itself won't get RTK signal ready. I've waited for something about 5 minutes to check and it would not change.
Other than that, wait soo long for gps fix in between flights is not makeable on a daily basis.

A second question that I have is about the mapping itself. As long as I get farther enough from the starlink router until I get offline, will I still be able to keep mapping even with lower accuracy or I will get any sort of error? I attached a picture to illustrate the situation.

If any of you guys could give me any sight of solution it will be amazing.
I am always testing whatever solution that is possible but during season it becomes too little gaps in between tasks to perform any tests.

Thanks in advance

2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

OTAVIO.SILVA Posted at 4-6 06:08
Hi there! How are you guys doing?

I've facing the same situation about our setup, and it seems that is exactly the same as yours (T30+RTK via NTRIP). The new element is that I'm moving around connected to a starlink router, which gives me a solid link wherever I am for way lower price than buying a basestation.

Hi there, we will follow up on this issue in your post below. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=288124
2023-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules