Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Virtual Flight + S22ultra + Goggles2 = nogo?
2333 15 2022-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Anyone else using the Virutal Flight app with Goggles2?

It just keeps telling me to connect the goggles and keep waiting forever.

My S22 is updated recently to the latest Android 13 UI One 5.

So I wonder what others experience is.

2022-11-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Well, atleast I got it to connect, but it crashes the app, as I read so many other have, while others with the S22 can use it.

A tip I can give: disable USB Debugging, this atleast made it recognize the goggles, but no the app crashes to moment it wants to connect... Sadly
2022-11-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Just found another older topic... Sad
2022-11-15
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I used with S22 ULTRA with Snapdragon processor and works OK, also works on my iPad 9. VF App requires good memory to run smooth, try clear cache . You may encounter some issues if you have  Exynos processor
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, Nees. Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It's good to know that you were able to connect now the Goggles to the application. Since the application is still having a problem, we suggest to reinstall the app from this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight. If the issue persists after re-installation, please provide the required information below for further checking:

1. App log  ( log path: virtual flight App- document - DFSM - saved - Logs )  and exact test time
2. Phone system&model  (screenshot of phone's "About" page)
3. App version and fault video

Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 19:04
Hello, Nees. Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It's good to know that you were able to connect now the Goggles to the application. Since the application is still having a problem, we suggest to reinstall the app from this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight. If the issue persists after re-installation, please provide the required information below for further checking:

1. App log  ( log path: virtual flight App- document - DFSM - saved - Logs )  and exact test time

The App log doesnt seem to be the right path for android.
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nees Posted at 11-15 19:38
The App log doesnt seem to be the right path for android.

Hi, Nees. Thank you for your reply and sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded this to our relevant team for further checking. Can you please share the folders you're seeing from this application so that we can forward those as well? Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 22:33
Hi, Nees. Thank you for your reply and sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded this to our relevant team for further checking. Can you please share the folders you're seeing from this application so that we can forward those as well? Thank you for your cooperation.

I dont think you understand. The path you give is not from Android I guess. There is only one folder related to the "game" and that is called UE4Game, this contains logs from the unreal engine, which the game is based on. Not sure this is the logs you need.

So please give the correct path for Android devices, where the logs can be found. I guess it's the one I say, but else, there are no other logs available.

EDIT: Ok I see now, it IS the DFSM log, I would update your documentation, since Virtual Flight app is called "UE4Game", this is where the rest of the path is found like I said with logs.

2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nees Posted at 11-15 23:39
I dont think you understand. The path you give is not from Android I guess. There is only one folder related to the "game" and that is called UE4Game, this contains logs from the unreal engine, which the game is based on. Not sure this is the logs you need.

So please give the correct path for Android devices, where the logs can be found. I guess it's the one I say, but else, there are no other logs available.

Hi, Nees. We understand that you believe the provided information is not the correct path for android. That path was specifically given for Samsung S22 units. If you can't see it now, no worries about that, I forwarded it to our relevant team so that they can check it again. If you can, please provide other needed details above so that we can include those as well. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2022-11-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 23:48
Hi, Nees. We understand that you believe it's not the correct path for android. That path was specifically given for Samsung S22 units. If you can't see it now, no worries about that, I forwarded it to our relevant team so that they can check it again. If you can, please provide other needed details above so that we can include those as well. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Well, I'm pretty sure it IS the correct path I found, just not the one you gave. Here are some screenshots and I'll try to collect everything.  The log contains a path to the data files (which are not Accessible for normal users, unless you would root) the other screenshot shows the full path to the log, called UE4Game... Which is accessible and almost looks the same what you gave.

Screenshot_20221116_085704_File Manager +.jpg
Screenshot_20221116_090124_Root Browser.jpg
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nees Posted at 11-16 00:06
Well, I'm pretty sure it IS the correct path I found, just not the one you gave. Here are some screenshots and I'll try to collect everything.  The log contains a path to the data files (which are not Accessible for normal users, unless you would root) the other screenshot shows the full path to the log, called UE4Game... Which is accessible and almost looks the same what you gave.

Hi, Nees. Thank you for the screenshots. We now received feedback from our relevant team, please try to look for this path instead: Internal Storage > Android > data > com.dji.virtual_flight > files > LOG > Logs. We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2022-11-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-16 00:19
Hi, Nees. Thank you for the screenshots. We now received feedback from our relevant team, please try to look for this path instead: Internal Storage > Android > data > com.dji.virtual_flight > files > LOG > Logs. We will wait for your update. Thank you.
This is what I mentioned. That path is inaccessible for any user unless you root your phone(which I will not do on this phone)
This is a protected folder since andoird 11. Only apps can access their own folders. So no filebrowser has access to it...
Screenshot_20221116_094130_File Manager +.jpg
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nees Posted at 11-16 00:49
This is what I mentioned. That path is inaccessible for any user unless you root your phone(which I will not do on this phone)
This is a protected folder since andoird 11. Only apps can access their own folders. So no filebrowser has access to it...

Hi, Nees. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have received additional feedback from our relevant team. The app logs can be exported from your PC/Mac. You will need to connect your phone to the computer and export. Please try to look for the app logs using this path on your computer: Internal Storage > Android > data > com.dji.virtual_flight > files > LOG > Logs. We will wait for your update. Thank you.

2022-11-16
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Well, atleast I got it to connect, but it crashes the app,
2022-11-17
Use props
shambler
lvl.1

Austria

Hi,

@DJI
if it is any help here is the log file from my Android 13 (Galaxy S23)

best regards,
Markus

log_virtualflight.zip

9.44 KB, Down times: 2

2023-2-21
Use props
fans490236c1
lvl.1

Finland

I've been looking for an answer to same problem. And now i see that it's been atleast from 2022 and now we are going 2024 and still no resolution. I wont hold my breath to get resolution to this broblem any time soon. Since the broblem has been almost 2 years and still no brakethru. ;-)
2-23 06:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules