CONFIRMED! New drone firmware version is the CAUSE!
1982 5 2022-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grumpy Old Man
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37795 ft
Australia

Managed to downgrade the drone firmware version to V01.04.0602_P4P_dji_system.bin, the live video feed on 2.4GHz was PERFECT!Upgraded it back to the latest version, video feed became RUBBISH!! Glitchy choppy buffered green GARBAGE AGAIN!!
Downgraded back to V01.04, video feed back to perfect. It can stay at this older version.

Unfortunately can't do the same with the controller, not even with the micro SD card, it detects that it is older and won't do it.
And still no luck with 5.8GHz, even with the drone inches from the controller, it reports a week signal and to adjust the antenna.

So DJI, removing all the abilities for us to downgrade OUR equipment is fine, until you release a glitchy piece of rubbish firmware...
2022-11-15
Use props
fans02cbe07e
lvl.2

Australia

Grumpy here, changed email address and for some reason lost my old account... anyway.... I stumbled across a version of Controller firmware labelled 1.1.3.0  which is NEWER than the latest DJI version, but it's from 2017.  GL300E_RC_v1130_20170307.  I installed it anyway, because the latest firmware saw it as a newer version and allowed it. Which has me thinking, maybe all we need to do to downgrade RC firmware is to rename old versions with a newer looking name.... Anyway, with this version - ALL ERROR MESSAGES AND STUPID BEHAVIOUR IS GONE!! The stupid 5.8GHz low return, adjust antenna message when the drone is 2 inches away has gone and it now reports full signal strength. So that in conjunction with downgrading the Drone to older firmware has solved ALL my issues and the Drone is back to how it was when I got it.
2022-11-25
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Absolute nightmare ....had loads of bad firmware updates in the past so now i just decline updates if can . Glad you got it fixed
2022-11-26
Use props
fans02cbe07e
lvl.2

Australia

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2022-11-26 00:09
Absolute nightmare ....had loads of bad firmware updates in the past so now i just decline updates if can . Glad you got it fixed

Still no word on a working update....
BTW, on a different forum, someone had it confirmed by a drone repair shop that many P4 Pro+ owners now have the same glitchy video issues since the last update.
Not that DJI give two hoots, they already have their $$$.
2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_s8cME45hVqHx
lvl.1

United States

Ehh terrible, I'm hoping I have some more luck with my fix it drone.
2023-2-15
Use props
Grumpy OldMan
lvl.2

Australia

djiuser_s8cME45hVqHx Posted at 2-15 05:21
Ehh terrible, I'm hoping I have some more luck with my fix it drone.

Did it all turn to crap after you installed the latest firmware?
If so, a program called DUMLdore and a site called DANKDRONEDOWNLOADER can help you go back to working firmware. I went back to 1.3 and it is much better.
DUMLdore lets you program your drone, even though DJI have blocked you from doing it with DJI ASSISTANT 2.
DANKDRONEDOWNLOADER is a site that stores all the old firmware versions.

When you run DUMLdore, it has a link to DANKDRONEDOWNLOADER to download the version you want to revert back to, then just install that version with DUMLdore.
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules