What to Do If the Camera View is Black in DJI Apps
24957 37 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dear pilots, we notice that some pilots had experienced a black screen in the DJI app and there was no camera image transmission in the app at all. Today, we are introducing what to do when the camera screen is black in the DJI apps.

Generally, we will need to check 4 parts: ① the connection between the aircraft and controller; ② the connection between the controller and the DJI app; ③ the camera settings or firmware mismatched; ④ the hardware issues.
Follow the specific steps below.

1. Firstly, we will have to confirm whether the controller is connected to the aircraft successfully. A quick way to check is to use the gimbal wheel on the controller and see if the gimbal is responding to the controller or not.
If the gimbal will not respond to the controller movement, you are recommended to relink the aircraft and controller. Check out the relink guides here.

2. Secondly, please check the message on the upper page of the camera page on the DJI app. If the DJI App is referring that the controller is not connected to the mobile device, you will have to check the connection of the mobile device and remote controller, please check this guide If the app prompts a “Disconnected” warning while using a drone for detailed information.

3. Thirdly, when the aircraft, controller, and DJI app are connected together successfully but the screen is still black, and after checking the app, the parameters are displaying correctly, please check if your shutter or EV is set to a low value. The lower shutter or EV value the camera is set to, the darker the camera gets. Such as the screenshot shows:
camera black screen.png
Therefore, you can adjust the shutter or EV to a higher one, or you can reset the camera settings directly.
To reset the camera settings on DJI Fly app, please tap … on the upper right > Camera > Scroll down to the bottom then you can see the option to Reset Camera Parameters.
How to reset camera settings in DJI Fly app.png
On DJI GO 4 app, please tap the camera settings icon below the record/shutter icon > the gear icon > Reset Camera Settings.
How to reset camera settings in DJI GO 4 app.png
Another important point is that the firmware for both the controller and aircraft, as well as the DJI app, has to be updated to the latest version.
Besides, trying to format the SD card may also help.

4. Last but not least, please confirm if the drone experienced any accident or impact. If this is the case, it may cause damage to the hardware and result in the black screen issue, therefore, you may consider sending the drone back to DJI for further diagnosis and service.
Please request Repair Service Online, or contact our support here for further assistance.

Do you know if there is any other solution that can help with the black screen issue? Comment down below!
Please feel free to let us know if you want to know any other product usage tips and help us to build our next guide!

2022-11-16
Use props
Nogravity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161437 ft

United States

Hello I am having this issue tried all the steps. For some reason it is black on my iPhone, but works fine on my ipad2. I’ve tried different cables to controller and also firmware upgrades and downgrades also deleting app off the iPhone and re installing. Im confused as to why it works on the ipad but not iphone
2022-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent troubleshooting tips.  Great job Susan.
2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nogravity Posted at 11-16 21:06
Hello I am having this issue tried all the steps. For some reason it is black on my iPhone, but works fine on my ipad2. I’ve tried different cables to controller and also firmware upgrades and downgrades also deleting app off the iPhone and re installing. Im confused as to why it works on the ipad but not iphone

Hi there, sorry to read about this issue. Could you please tell me the model of your iPhone and DJI drone, provide the screenshots of your iOS system version and the DJI app version, and the camera view of DJI app after connecting the app, controller, and aircraft for better confirmation? Thank you.
2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-17 03:03

Thank you for your support!
2022-11-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-17 06:37
Thank you for your support!

My pleasure.  Have a fantastic day.  
2022-11-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Do these also apply to DJI Mimo and the handheld/action cameras? Or are there some separate troubleshooting tips for those? There have been reports of some of these occurences also with the Action/Pocket series users. I'm sure they would appreciate if they had some similar instructions to solve their similar issues.
2022-11-18
Use props
Nogravity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161437 ft

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-17 06:37
Hi there, sorry to read about this issue. Could you please tell me the model of your iPhone and DJI drone, provide the screenshots of your iOS system version and the DJI app version, and the camera view of DJI app after connecting the app, controller, and aircraft for better confirmation? Thank you.

Hi so there was an updated with the iPhone to 16.1.1 for the iPhone 12 Pro and that fixed the problem and now I have image
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 11-18 10:43
Do these also apply to DJI Mimo and the handheld/action cameras? Or are there some separate troubleshooting tips for those? There have been reports of some of these occurences also with the Action/Pocket series users. I'm sure they would appreciate if they had some similar instructions to solve their similar issues.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The camera settings part can be applied to hand-held devices. And currently, users can refer to the troubleshooting steps from this article Osmo Pocket Series/Osmo Action Series Live View Blackout, Flickering or Getting Stuck. Hope this is informative for you.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nogravity Posted at 11-18 22:40
Hi so there was an updated with the iPhone to 16.1.1 for the iPhone 12 Pro and that fixed the problem and now I have image

Thank you very much for your update on this case, happy to hear that you have figured it out.
2022-11-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-18 23:04
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The camera settings part can be applied to hand-held devices. And currently, users can refer to the troubleshooting steps from this article Osmo Pocket Series/Osmo Action Series Live View Blackout, Flickering or Getting Stuck. Hope this is informative for you.

Thanks for the reply and additional information, I believe this will be useful to many users. :-)
2022-11-19
Use props
Flying Frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068809 ft
Germany

Nothing works, Screen ist still black on my s22 Ultra from my Mavic 2 Pro. Whats going on here ?

Latest Version of DJI Go 4 App, latest Firmware on the Drone. OS is Android 13 and One UI 5.0

Nothing but Black screen, but remote connected properly. This is REALLY a downer and sucks. Is there any chance, that u guys fix this issue, which you know about since beginning of this year ? Or do you refund my drone and all the stuff i bought for it? I wrote a PM to you @Susan, no reply at all. Why not. Some sort of unpleasant affair with this ? Please reply to this !!!!
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flying Frank Posted at 11-19 12:54
Nothing works, Screen ist still black on my s22 Ultra from my Mavic 2 Pro. Whats going on here ?

Latest Version of DJI Go 4 App, latest Firmware on the Drone. OS is Android 13 and One UI 5.0

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please provide the screenshot of the camera view page on DJI GO 4 app for better confirmation?
And may I know if you have tried with another mobile device to confirm if the connection works normally?
Please keep us updated on this case. Thank you.
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 11-19 04:07
Thanks for the reply and additional information, I believe this will be useful to many users. :-)

You are most welcome, thank you for bringing this to our attention as well.
2022-11-21
Use props
Paul McCullough
lvl.1

Canada

I'm using the latest version of DJI Pilot a with a Mavic 2 Enterprise and still not working.  Photos are taken and stored correctly but no live feed on the Android.  Works fine with Litchi.
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Paul McCullough Posted at 2-2 07:46
I'm using the latest version of DJI Pilot a with a Mavic 2 Enterprise and still not working.  Photos are taken and stored correctly but no live feed on the Android.  Works fine with Litchi.

Hi there, sorry to read about your issue. Could you please tell me the mobile device, firmware version of the aircraft and controller, and the DJI Pilot app version information for further checking? Look forward to your reply.
2023-2-2
Use props
IASCIC
New

Croatia

Hi there. I am using DJI Mavic 2 pro on latest version of DJI GO 4 on Samsung Galaxy A33, Android 12. Black screen all the time. It works normal on my old Huawei Y9.
Unfortunatelly, I can't downgrade firmware on new smartphone.

2023-2-3
Use props
Saurav singh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368655 ft
United States

I am Facing the Black screen issue with my Brand new Dji Avata.
I have tried all the methods still i am stuck with a black screen.
Please suggest a way to fix it.
Here is a link to my thread on dji forums
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780
2023-2-3
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

thanks. very helpful
2023-2-7
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453950 ft
United States

Thanks for the tips!
2023-2-18
Use props
RachelGomez
lvl.1

India

To reset the camera settings on DJI Fly app, please tap … on the upper right > Camera > Scroll down to the bottom then you can see the option to Reset Camera Parameters. On DJI GO 4 app, please tap the camera settings icon below the record/shutter icon > the gear icon > Reset Camera Settings.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_hNnZ2ZZs2UnE
New

Nigeria

Had same issues with two of my DJI phantom 4 suddenly cannot record when I push the record button,the screen is dark i have tried exposure button it doesn't work, it cannot switch between video to still picture option. Please I need help Almondpros
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_hNnZ2ZZs2UnE Posted at 5-21 01:57
Had same issues with two of my DJI phantom 4 suddenly cannot record when I push the record button,the screen is dark i have tried exposure button it doesn't work, it cannot switch between video to still picture option. Please I need help Almondpros

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If possible, kindly post a short video showing the issue for further checking. Thank you.
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_kcFOYXj3vYFY
New

Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-2 19:42
Hi there, sorry to read about your issue. Could you please tell me the mobile device, firmware version of the aircraft and controller, and the DJI Pilot app version information for further checking? Look forward to your reply.

Had same issue here! I installed lastest dji pilot on my Samsung A53, all connected but the live view is all black.
I had reinstalled several times but still not working
I tried to install on older samsung series and it works normally.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_kcFOYXj3vYFY Posted at 5-21 06:11
Had same issue here! I installed lastest dji pilot on my Samsung A53, all connected but the live view is all black.
I had reinstalled several times but still not working
I tried to install on older samsung series and it works normally.

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. As you tried another phone and it is working normally, the drone and controller are not the issue, there may be a compatibility issue with the phone. Could you please tell us the Android system version you have for the Samsung A53 and the other phone? Please also provide a screenshot of the issue if it is convenient, we will double-confirm it.
2023-5-21
Use props
SummerFrog
lvl.3

Pakistan

2023-5-28
Use props
djiuser_GeJTOFFaWa48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1818435 ft

India

I am also having the same problem with DJI Zenmuse L1 camera the camera showing black screen but the lidar & capturing photos is working. I tried the suggestion given by the susan but it doesn't work. & no error notification is showing on the screen & camera temperature is also normal .
I am uploading some pics to you to know what actually happened.
2023-8-30
Use props
djiuser_PGTZ28avlU7y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 760328 ft
Pakistan

Still facing same issue with Mavic 2 Pro..... Samsung A21s shows camera display but Samsung A33 having Android 13 and One UI 5.1 shows black camera display... tried provided fix and also reinstalled DJI GO 4 app by downloading from DJI Downloads but issue not fixed...
2023-9-16
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

My experience with a black screen is that it's temporary and when I come downin altitude it comes back.
2023-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-17 06:06
My experience with a black screen is that it's temporary and when I come downin altitude it comes back.

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered, could you please provide a screen recording of your issue for better confirmation?
Please try in different locations, and make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. Please keep us updated.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_PGTZ28avlU7y Posted at 9-16 19:26
Still facing same issue with Mavic 2 Pro..... Samsung A21s shows camera display but Samsung A33 having Android 13 and One UI 5.1 shows black camera display... tried provided fix and also reinstalled DJI GO 4 app by downloading from DJI Downloads but issue not fixed...

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. If the connection and transmission work fine on the Samsung A21S, the controller and drone are not the issue.
For the Samsung A33, you may try to download the latest DJI GO 4 app from our official website https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 and try to use a different cable and check again.
If the issue is the same, there may be a compatibility issue for the mobile device and DJI GO 4 app, you may need to use the other Samsung phone, sorry for this.
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_PGTZ28avlU7y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 760328 ft
Pakistan

DJI Susan Posted at 9-18 04:09
Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. If the connection and transmission work fine on the Samsung A21S, the controller and drone are not the issue.
For the Samsung A33, you may try to download the latest DJI GO 4 app from our official website https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 and try to use a different cable and check again.
If the issue is the same, there may be a compatibility issue for the mobile device and DJI GO 4 app, you may need to use the other Samsung phone, sorry for this.

Hi, as per guidance, I have again downloaded and installed app from provided link and used USB to C Type cable but issue not resolved.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_PGTZ28avlU7y Posted at 9-18 08:12
Hi, as per guidance, I have again downloaded and installed app from provided link and used USB to C Type cable but issue not resolved.

Thank you for your reply and I am sorry to hear about the result, If this is the case, there may be a compatibility issue between the phone and controller, you may need to use another phone in this situation, sorry for this.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_GeJTOFFaWa48 Posted at 8-30 00:29
I am also having the same problem with DJI Zenmuse L1 camera the camera showing black screen but the lidar & capturing photos is working. I tried the suggestion given by the susan but it doesn't work. & no error notification is showing on the screen & camera temperature is also normal .
I am uploading some pics to you to know what actually happened.[view_image]

Hi there, sorry for the belated reply. Please check the exact firmware version of the firmware and camera.
And please try to switch to MSX mode to see if pictures can be taken normally. If no, you may try to use another SD card, if the issue is the same, please send the drone back for further check.
If the picture can be taken and the picture is normal, please try to reconnect the gimbal and connection cable. Please keep us updated.
2023-9-22
Use props
djiuser_yET2bVijdIWY
New
Flight distance : 618314 ft
United States

I'm experiencing an issue with my drone, as there's no video feed to the DJI controller, and troubleshooting attempts haven't succeeded.

After a non-severe crash, the video feed worked fine before and after. I sent it to a service center, where it functioned well for around 10 flights. However, during my son's birthday recording, the feed started breaking. This happened in the open, less than 100 feet away, with ideal weather conditions.

The day after, the video feed briefly returned but fluctuated unexpectedly afterward. I've updated firmware, reset camera settings, and performed a factory reset, with no success. Currently, the video feed is permanently gone, though the gimbal moves, and I can fly the drone.

Vacationing in Mexico, I hoped to capture scenic views. Urgently seeking insights or quick fixes, or advice on local resolution or waiting until I return home for service.

Thank you,

Alberto Rizo
2023-12-27
Use props
tysonzach
lvl.1

India

Hello, all!

This is my first post after just joining this- https://forum.dji.com/, so please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection!

I am new here but a real enthusiast and loving this community so far. I have a background in teaching coding and in Uipath and feel I could help with documentation, at least for starters.

As a new member in this forum and wish to share and gain some knowledge. I am looking forward to create my own discussion to resolve my query and gain some knowledge though I have taken part in various discussion which is definitely helped me a lot.

Also what category should be taken depends on what factors?

Thankyou in advance.

1-7 20:41
Use props
trav757
New

United States

I have an Iphone 13 pro w mavic mini the gimbal is responding but my camera view is black saying it doesn’t read the rc or drone
IMG_5688.png
3-1 19:34
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

trav757 Posted at 3-1 19:34
I have an Iphone 13 pro w mavic mini the gimbal is responding but my camera view is black saying it doesn’t read the rc or drone

Hi trav757, thank you for reaching out. May I know if the issue has been resolved?

Based on the picture, it seems the aircraft did not connect to the controller successfully. You could please follow the steps and retry first. Also please make sure the firmware version of the aircraft and controller are the latest. Thanks.
https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en
3-3 19:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules