671 2 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HatchedThatch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 461683 ft
United States

Hello Community,
   I have had the Avata for 2 months now and really like it. It has been fun to fly! My family enjoys exploring state parks in Maryland and I decided to bring my Avata with me and capture some video. I have a YouTube channel where I posted the 4K videos (youtube.com/@hatchedthatch) and an Instagram with shorter clips (instagram.com/hatchedthatch/).

I just recently got the Controller 2 to attempt some manual flights. I have been using the SIM to practice. I was hoping to get some tips from the community on how to handle the Avata in manual. What mode do most of you use? Did you change any values? I am having a hard time controlling it...

Thanks.
2022-11-16
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I fly about 40% of the time in manual mode. I mostly use normal or sport mode because I use the Avata for real estate jobs and find it easier to use normal mode indoors.

I kept my rates at the DJI default settings but they are quick. You can lower them some and find the rates that you like, or just keep practicing with the DJI rates and you'll get the hang of it. My suggestion is to use a large open field to learn manual mode. Stay at 20 feet or less above the ground and just fly slowly at first. Remember, quick large movements of the sticks will cause fast sudden movements of the drone. So use slower and very small movements of the sticks.  

Other than that, it's really about just doing it and learning. You'll crash, everyone does, just keep in mind that as soon as you crash to the ground unless you can save it, cut the motors off. You can set the right back switch on the controller so that when all the way down the motors are on and in the middle or at the top they are off in manual mode. I find it better to do that because most of the time when the Avata hits the ground in manual mode, it tends to fly up and sideways very fast, I guess it's trying to save itself or something lol.
2022-11-16
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I fly about 40% of the time in manual mode.
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules