Feedback on using drone for inspection in terrain
893 3 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SveaFredrik
lvl.1

Sweden

Hey all, im looking to integrate a drone into my work and need some inspiration.

My job is to inspect and survey borders between two forest landlords, to make sure the border is sufficient and note if it needs to be cleared etc. We got thousands of km in borders so if i could use a drone to be more effecient it would be awesome. Right now we are thinking Air 2S but i've also become interested in Avata because of its compact model, prop protection and more advanced steering. The big negative for Avata is that the FPV goggles dont have a map so i will not know where the border is most of the time. I don't know if there is a workaround for that.

The negative for Air 2S is it's bigger and more automated steering with no prop protection. So im unsure how well it would perform flying in close quarters. It does have a map though which i've read you can draw a path in before flying, that will let me know where the border is. It also have AI against crashing but i dont know how good it is in close quarters? You don't want it to overcorrect.

These borders are different, they can be all from cleared looking like a street with width of maybe 3 meters with thin young trees coming up in the middle, it can be completely overgrown and sometimes be a trail.

If could get a decent ground inspection with the Air 2S from above when there is to much growth to fly inside the border that would be so good. Im looking for marking/bands on trees, stonepiles and if theres a need to come there to clear the border. Anyone experienced with ground inspections flying right above the tree line?

I also need to transfer this info into our map system, Field Maps. That way we have a record what borders are good and who needs clearing and where stonepiles/poles are etc. So i would need to find a way to store info during my flight to have reference when drawing lines and points in Field Maps. Im thinking if i can use pictures for this and get a somewhat exact geolocation of where the picture is taken? That would also mean i could take a picture of a pole and then know were to draw it in my map. The border will differentiate so keeping track of 'this section looks good' and 'this section needs clearing' and see that on a map in hindsight is crucial.

Hopefully some of this makes some sense! Let me know if im posting in the wrong sub.
2022-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can get prop guards for the Air2S.  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... html?ap=y&smp=y
2022-11-16
Use props
SveaFredrik
lvl.1

Sweden

Great tip, definietly getting some protection!

I'm getting confused from researching, there is a way to draw a flight path in the DJI Fly app right? And i don't mean automated waypoint. Just basic open the map and draw lines and have that saved for the flight so you know where to fly.
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendations from our fellow DJI Pilots here. In addition, you may want to access our website at https://www.dji.com/ and check the best consumer or enterprise drones that suit your needs. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2022-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules