Gimbal calibration stops at 20% overloaded?
2339 11 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Hi,
Wanted to calibrate the camera as I thought is was not filming with a horizon right whe flying. It was a bit out.
When calibrating is stops at 20% and stays there. as per attached picture.
Also attach a picture of the camera sitting still at an angle.
What can I do to make the full calibration?
Thanks

20% done.jpg

Camera at angel.jpg

2022-11-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

The gimbal makes its full dance as normal when starting the drone. There has also been no crach and latest frim ware is up to date.
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, kyalami. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to read that the gimbal is not doing the full calibration. Since you mentioned that there was no crash history, firmware versions are updated and I'm also seeing that there's no gimbal protector attached based on the picture you provided, you may try the following steps below:

•  Check if the gimbal is stuck by a foreign object. If yes, please remove it.
•  Please restart the drone, and then let the drone on a level surface to calibrate again. Don't touch the gimbal during calibration.
• Please connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware.

*If the above factors are excluded and the calibration fails several times, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

2022-11-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-16 21:27
Hello, kyalami. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to read that the gimbal is not doing the full calibration. Since you mentioned that there was no crash history, firmware versions are updated and I'm also seeing that there's no gimbal protector attached based on the picture you provided, you may try the following steps below:

•  Check if the gimbal is stuck by a foreign object. If yes, please remove it.

Hi Gamora,

Thank you for your instruction regarding gimbal calibration.

I have now refreshed the Mavic 2 pro firmware and restarted the drone and now the gimbal calibration stops at 5%.

Then I also went back to calibrate the Roll and Yaw for the camera horizon which worked and was my original problem that started this.

When I start up the drone, the gimbal does its full movement (dance) as normal without any overload, This only happens when trying to calibrate the gimbal.

I noticed that starting up the drome and the RC that when I hold the drone and tilting it slowly up and down, as well as to the right and left that the gimbal moves fine and corrected itself, like it was working. So, I will try to fly and see how that works.

As I am going away on 2 weeks holiday now, I will come back after a few days when I have the opportunity to fly it on my holiday.

Thank you again for your help.
2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 11-17 00:41
Hi Gamora,

Thank you for your instruction regarding gimbal calibration.

Hi, Kyalami. You're welcome. Please keep us posted. Have a safe flight always!
2022-11-17
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-17 04:03
Hi, Kyalami. You're welcome. Please keep us posted. Have a safe flight always!

Just to advice you further about my issue as above.

I have today sent my drone to Swedrone here in Sweden, who will take care of everything and sending it to Netherlands for service, as we have together been unable to rectify the problem with their help. I will come back when the drone is ready and working again.
2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 12-6 06:30
Just to advice you further about my issue as above.

I have today sent my drone to Swedrone here in Sweden, who will take care of everything and sending it to Netherlands for service, as we have together been unable to rectify the problem with their help. I will come back when the drone is ready and working again.

Hi, Kyalami. It is sad to read that you need to send it in for service. Nonetheless, we wanna thank you for the update. We really appreciate it. Stay safe always!
2022-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407159 ft
Vietnam

I think that this is the problem of low-quality spare parts in the production of dj mavic 3. namely, in the gimbal and the camera switched to mavic3 classic...

https://youtube.com/shorts/M50IM5xkuFU?feature=share

#mavic #mavic3 #mavic3classic #gimbal #camera
2022-12-7
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-7 03:56
Hi, Kyalami. It is sad to read that you need to send it in for service. Nonetheless, we wanna thank you for the update. We really appreciate it. Stay safe always!

Hi again Gamora,
Today I got my drone back from Holland. I looked at it and it looked and felt brand new. To my surprise, it was a brand new drone, not just a replacement of the camera and gimbal module which was faulty. Although it cost me about 400 Euro. Very happy now with my brand new Mavic 2 Pro.
Cheers.
PS. I also had the New Mavic 2 firmware 01.00.0790 allready installed on it.
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 12-22 04:46
Hi again Gamora,
Today I got my drone back from Holland. I looked at it and it looked and felt brand new. To my surprise, it was a brand new drone, not just a replacement of the camera and gimbal module which was faulty. Although it cost me about 400 Euro. Very happy now with my brand new Mavic 2 Pro.
Cheers.

Hi, Kyalami. Thank you so much for the update! We're glad to read that you're happy with your brand-new Mavic 2 Pro. Merry Christmas to you, indeed! Enjoy flying your new drone. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-26
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-26 02:27
Hi, Kyalami. Thank you so much for the update! We're glad to read that you're happy with your brand-new Mavic 2 Pro. Merry Christmas to you, indeed! Enjoy flying your new drone. Thank you for your valued support.

You are welcome and season greetings to you to.
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 12-26 02:32
You are welcome and season greetings to you to.

Hi, Kyalami. Have a wonderful holiday too!
2022-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules