power off never request
1438 11 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Why bother to ask that we will never get, will it be like you're promising us 10-bit that you can not deliver on time and think we will ever believe you can make a never in the power off faster, think not  We request this again 3 years later nothing!!!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696

2022-11-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Just curious, can you name a scenario where you'd never want the camera to turn off automatically?

Auto turn off means that once the camera is not in use in any way, then it will turn itself off. If you never want the camera to turn off all you have to do is set it to 30 minutes and just simply touch the LCD screen once within that half hour (either front or rear) and the timer will reset and now you have another 30 minutes.

If you cannot touch the LCD screen once in 30 minutes then it means (a) you either forgot about it or (b) you're not near the camera.
If (a) you forgot about it, then clearly you're not using the camera and if you are not using the camera it doesn't need to stay on.
If (b) you not near the camera for 30 minutes then, again, you are not using it, so why would you need to have it on all the time?

This is just my "logic". Which, of course, might not be logical for others.

2022-11-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 11-16 13:57
Just curious, can you name a scenario where you'd never want the camera to turn off automatically?

Auto turn off means that once the camera is not in use in any way, then it will turn itself off. If you never want the camera to turn off all you have to do is set it to 30 minutes and just simply touch the LCD screen once within that half hour (either front or rear) and the timer will reset and now you have another 30 minutes.

He just need something to make videos about
jk
2022-11-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

One reason why of the many cameras we own,

another reason is many need to have that feature and they will explain to you, one is, out of reach.  say you  mount the camera  high/low above/below, within the apps reach, to trigger a shot, if a photo and or video and its also wired to  an ac outlet,, that be one reason why.

since its an action camera why would you want a 30 sec shut down when you clearly for a  quick-snap
2022-11-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

"why would you want a 30 sec shut down when you clearly for a  quick-snap"
There's a 30 minute option as well. What are the use cases for having a camera on forever in order for me to trigger a shot, say, once every 31 minutes? I could just walk to the camera and turn it on.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned DJI can add it if they want. Won't bother me a bit.
2022-11-16
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 11-16 13:57

Auto turn off means that once the camera is not in use in any way, then it will turn itself off. If you never want the camera to turn off all you have to do is set it to 30 minutes and just simply touch the LCD screen once within that half hour (either front or rear) and the timer will reset and now you have another 30 minutes.

Prior to selling it I used my Osmo Action mounted under the wing of my small airplane with power delivered to it via a long usb-c cable.  I controlled the camera via the DJI Mimo app.  I had to turn the camera on before getting in the cockpit and taking off and would be in the air for up to three hours at a time.  If the camera turned off during that time i would be unable to turn it back on.  I guess because it was receiving power via the usb-c it did not automatically turn off and so I was able to start and stop recording or take still shots as desired but in between those events the  camera remained powered on displaying the camera's view on my tablet via the Mimo app.  I would hope the Action 3 does this as well.  
2022-11-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

skysailor64 Posted at 11-16 19:11
Prior to selling it I used my Osmo Action mounted under the wing of my small airplane with power delivered to it via a long usb-c cable.  I controlled the camera via the DJI Mimo app.  I had to turn the camera on before getting in the cockpit and taking off and would be in the air for up to three hours at a time.  If the camera turned off during that time i would be unable to turn it back on.  I guess because it was receiving power via the usb-c it did not automatically turn off and so I was able to start and stop recording or take still shots as desired but in between those events the  camera remained powered on displaying the camera's view on my tablet via the Mimo app.  I would hope the Action 3 does this as well.

Ah, I see! That makes sense.
2022-11-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

and there you go.  not a single person concern, my friend   never gonna happen, it was asked , and as well the timer for video, not the importance of DJI that is
2022-11-17
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Now testing my fourth, yes fourth, OA3 and can confirm that if you are running the camera using the Mimo app the camera will not shut down.  This holds true both with and without external power attached.  So for my typical use of the camera hanging it on a wing outside of the airplane cockpit this is good news.  I only tried this on the desk with the power off set to 2 minutes and as long as I was connected via the Mimo app the camera stayed in standby not recording and I could start and then stop recording and the camera remained in standby for over 4 minutes until I disconnected the Mimo app.  Then it would shut down 2 minutes later.  Tried this multiple times on battery and with external power attached.  Works great!
2023-1-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

skysailor64 Posted at 1-26 09:02
Now testing my fourth, yes fourth, OA3 and can confirm that if you are running the camera using the Mimo app the camera will not shut down.  This holds true both with and without external power attached.  So for my typical use of the camera hanging it on a wing outside of the airplane cockpit this is good news.  I only tried this on the desk with the power off set to 2 minutes and as long as I was connected via the Mimo app the camera stayed in standby not recording and I could start and then stop recording and the camera remained in standby for over 4 minutes until I disconnected the Mimo app.  Then it would shut down 2 minutes later.  Tried this multiple times on battery and with external power attached.  Works great!

awesome to hear,   happy that it works  out.
2023-1-26
Use props
hateusernames
New

Sweden

I must say, I was suprised to find out there is no such option as never on the Osmos. I really hate the software in GoPro but this is a dealbreaker for me, will have to return the Osmo Action 3. I use my cameras in a car while driving and sometimes I don't have anything to say for an hour which is fine with GoPros. With DJI, I would have to stop every time I want to use the camera to turn it on. It's silly really. The camera is connected to power at all times and there shouldn't be any reason why this can't be done. Now I know at least, that DJI products are not for me.
2023-12-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

as DJI think screen burn, timer, and other  features are not needed we simply have to go to the gopro side
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules