Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 3 Pro Micro Dust Particles
387 23 11-16 14:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386506 ft
Portugal

Hello everyone.

Today I share my experience so far, with the Mini 3 Pro.

This is now the 4th DJI Mini 3 Pro I’ve received, with yet another defect.
I bought this drone in August, and since then, replacements have been made due to none performing accordingly.
I’m feeling played at here, after being told quality checks and flight tests are made, and then yet again, there are flaws.

1st drone -> Jello Footage
2nd drone -> Lens Fog
3rd drone -> Dust particles behind main lens causing out of focus image and video blur in low light.
4th drone (received today) -> Same flaw as 3rd drone

It’s visible dust particles, behind the camera, in the interior of the lens, and also in back the sensors, I’ve tried cleaning with microfibre cloth, it’s inside and not outside.

I’m guessing I will have to send it back once again, and wait once again, the previous case was a escalated case, and this was the outcome, with the exact same flaw…
How is this fair?
I’ve never crashed the drone and these flaws aren’t in any way my fault.

I have nothing against DJI and I’ve been a loyal customer for 2 years now, I love their products and the Mini 2 was simply fantastic when I had it last year, I’m also a content creator so this equipment is crucial for my work and business, but what is this experience with the Mini 3 Pro and the overall flight tests and quality checks I’m being reassured by DJI? Just to receive it and see the flaw there once again.

B1D6F1DF-CCFB-4F8D-9B44-D179AE2DD3CF.jpeg
11-16 14:36
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a clearer photo of the issue?
11-16 20:11
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
Portugal

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-16 20:11
Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a clearer photo of the issue?

381442D1-D02B-4F8D-A51C-2D07808910F9.jpeg
11-16 23:34
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thanks for your reply. Could you please shoot from the front side of the camera so that we further verify the issue?
11-17 00:42
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 11047274 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Were it me, rather than sending it back for a minor issue like this, I would disassemble the camera housing, blow it out, & reassemble.  Typically a few dust particles do not cause image issues, even on telescopes.
11-17 04:48
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5433586 ft
United Kingdom

tiny bits of dust on a wide aperture lens very close to the sensor typically can't be seen at all - focus is well well past it and outside the depth of field.

On the other hand, it looks like the dust isnt inside the camera, merely the protective glass so a 2 minute fix with a screwdriver.
11-17 05:38
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9629 ft

Yes, small particles really do not matter most often, but the drone owner says that in this case, these small particles are an obstacle to focusing. Anyway get to the heart of the problem!  DJI has terrible service! Imagine how bad the workers in the services are that they brought dust into the camera. Yes, you can remove it by yourself as well as the fog inside lens, because the camera can be easily disassembled, but! You will lose your warranty this way, and given how greedy DJI is, if they notice this, they will simply refuse you warranty service if you need it in fiture.
11-19 19:19
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
Portugal

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-17 04:48
Were it me, rather than sending it back for a minor issue like this, I would disassemble the camera housing, blow it out, & reassemble.  Typically a few dust particles do not cause image issues, even on telescopes.

This would then void warranty, and bring other issues because I think to dissemble the camera, we have to be in a room with  a certain level of low humidity, otherwise the lens fog issue will occur afterwards.
11-20 04:06
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
Portugal

gnirtS Posted at 11-17 05:38
tiny bits of dust on a wide aperture lens very close to the sensor typically can't be seen at all - focus is well well past it and outside the depth of field.

On the other hand, it looks like the dust isnt inside the camera, merely the protective glass so a 2 minute fix with a screwdriver.

It interferes with focusing during photo and specially video in low light…
Unscrewing will void warranty and possibly bring more issues.
11-20 04:06
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5433586 ft
United Kingdom

Unscrewing is a 2 minute fix.  Its not the camera housing itself.
Two screws, slide off the assembly, give it a blow, check the O-ring and back on.
11-20 05:01
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 11047274 ft
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 11-20 05:01
Unscrewing is a 2 minute fix.  Its not the camera housing itself.
Two screws, slide off the assembly, give it a blow, check the O-ring and back on.

i agree 100%.
11-22 01:14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-19 19:19
Yes, small particles really do not matter most often, but the drone owner says that in this case, these small particles are an obstacle to focusing. Anyway get to the heart of the problem!  DJI has terrible service! Imagine how bad the workers in the services are that they brought dust into the camera. Yes, you can remove it by yourself as well as the fog inside lens, because the camera can be easily disassembled, but! You will lose your warranty this way, and given how greedy DJI is, if they notice this, they will simply refuse you warranty service if you need it in fiture.

Sorry for your inconvenience. We have replied to you here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 351&pid=2908055
Please check.
11-24 20:30
Use props
Geo_Drone
Captain
Flight distance : 1532264 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Billy.RKV Posted at 11-20 04:06
It interferes with focusing during photo and specially video in low light…
Unscrewing will void warranty and possibly bring more issues.

Do NOT try to unscrew it...You have high chances to screw it back too tight and he screw will go through the plastic house and cannot be unscrewed.
Most people that give this advices never did it at their own drones.
Been there, done that. Also will get mist after this, as rubber seal is moving and will not be airtight.
Cheers.
11-25 01:30
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer

Brazil

i agree 100%.
11-25 09:35
Use props
djiuser_9Ffc1KLOSd49
lvl.3

France

Bonjour
Si vous ne sentez pas capable de faire cette intervention, ne la faite pas! Allez voir un horloger digne du non qui aura toute la compétence et les outils pour faire cette réparation. A+patc45 bonne journée.
11-26 01:56
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
Portugal

Following up my last post, I have received a
brand new drone from the official DJI store.
Unboxed the drone yesterday, took it out to
fly this afternoon and it seems to have the
jello/cripple footage defect.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... guVwuBoiF2iBGtfU0uv

So, the number now goes to 5 DJI Mini 3
Pro drones I've received, with defects, non
pilot error, since August.

Pure bad luck or poor QC's by DJI?
I'd appreciate being contacted by higher management.
11-26 15:44
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
Portugal

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-17 00:42
Thanks for your reply. Could you please shoot from the front side of the camera so that we further verify the issue?

I don’t understand how this would help, the original picture clearly showed the dust present under the lens.
Either ways, I have received a new one, with no dust, but with a different defect.
How the heck is this possible… It’s now the 5th drone.
11-26 15:50
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
Portugal

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-25 01:30
Do NOT try to unscrew it...You have high chances to screw it back too tight and he screw will go through the plastic house and cannot be unscrewed.
Most people that give this advices never did it at their own drones.
Been there, done that. Also will get mist after this, as rubber seal is moving and will not be airtight.

Exactly.
Since August I’ve been sending these defective drones back to DJI, only to receive them with other defects, replacements after replacements and repairs after repairs, I’ve spent more time waiting than actually flying the drone, I wish I could get a answer from DJI on how is this fair for a loyal customer like me that highly relies on this equipment for work and business.
11-26 15:54
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Billy.RKV Posted at 11-26 15:50
I don’t understand how this would help, the original picture clearly showed the dust present under the lens.
Either ways, I have received a new one, with no dust, but with a different defect.
How the heck is this possible… It’s now the 5th drone.

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. May we have some original videos from your SD card? We will let our engineers further verify the issue.
11-27 18:37
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
Portugal

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-27 18:37
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. May we have some original videos from your SD card? We will let our engineers further verify the issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YuGOGtd7Sv7kuguVwuBoiF2iBGtfU0uv
11-27 18:59
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Here I am again waiting and waiting, knowing that I am most likely going to have to send the drone back, this will now be the 6th time I send a drone to DJI, has anyone else had to do this?
11-29 15:26
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28428 ft
United States

Billy.RKV Posted at 11-29 15:26
Here I am again waiting and waiting, knowing that I am most likely going to have to send the drone back, this will now be the 6th time I send a drone to DJI, has anyone else had to do this?

Hopefully sixth time is the charm.
11-29 15:31
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 676959 ft
United Kingdom

Man this post got me worried. Mine is away being fixed for 2nd time after they sent it back with a buzzing issue not there previously.
11-29 15:42
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 676959 ft
United Kingdom

SpectreOne Posted at 11-29 15:31
Hopefully sixth time is the charm.

Does not instill confidence in me hearing this. Ouch.
11-29 16:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules