Smooth yaw gone on AIR 2s firmware update - FIX?
988 6 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reflex Films
lvl.1

Australia

I have been flying and shooting for year - love my Air2s
Recently the gimbal flies all over the place when i yaw

This used to be really nicely controlled (i turn down yaw sensitivity / speed becasue  sudden yaw is the one thing that breaks the image watching eperience

I recently bought the DJI Rc with screen (LOVE the updgRADE ) and did the firmware update

I read that setting obstacle avoidance to fly around instead of Brake (which i did)  can casue this - and it might be a bug in the firmware

does any one else have a similar experience?

2022-11-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

What do you mean "flies all over the place"? Could you mean like a FPV?
2022-11-16
Use props
Reflex Films
lvl.1

Australia

the yaw moves suddenly and uncontrollably across 10- 15 degrees - with some back and forth wobbling as well

i shoot video so this completely ruins the shot

it only happens on yaw , and sometimes the move is smooth, sometimes uncontrollable

previous to this the controlled cinematic moves were excellent on the air 2s
2022-11-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Reflex Films Posted at 11-16 18:47
the yaw moves suddenly and uncontrollably across 10- 15 degrees - with some back and forth wobbling as well

i shoot video so this completely ruins the shot

OK, time to send it to DJI for repair. I don't think a calibration is going to help. It appears as though something in the gimbal is broken.
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you experienced a hard landing before? Can you please upload sample footage showing the issue in Google drive or Youtube and send the link here so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-16
Use props
Reflex Films
lvl.1

Australia

Hi There  - professional flyer with 6 years experience -, hand catch only so no hard landings

here is an example of the wobble - my theory is bug with new expo settings , or , i have heard,  maybe an obstacle avoidance setting bug - apparently it doesnt happen when set to "brake" but can happen when set  to "fly around"

https://youtu.be/EWI56MCpXwA

2022-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Reflex Films Posted at 11-16 20:02
Hi There  - professional flyer with 6 years experience -, hand catch only so no hard landings

here is an example of the wobble - my theory is bug with new expo settings , or , i have heard,  maybe an obstacle avoidance setting bug - apparently it doesnt happen when set to "brake" but can happen when set  to "fly around"

After watching the video I think it is definitely a gimbal hardware issue and not software related.  
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules