New DJI Mavic 3 firmware and Remote ID error (11/22) [SOLVED]
5808 6 2022-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147956 ft
United States

I have a job tomorrow and am unable to take off or fly as a result of updating the new firmware and then downloading the updated version of the DJI Fly app from DJI's website.
On 11/14/22, I received a notification on my drone when connecting that a new firmware update was available. After downloading it, I searched for the "cruise control" option, but it did not appear where it should have been. I tried to update the firmware again, but received a notification that I had the latest firmware version. However, when looking at the version of the DJI Fly app, mine was not the most current. So I went to the DJI website to download it (since it's not available on Google Play). After downloading it and restarting the remote and drone, the cruise control option was there. However, now on startup I have a "Remote ID Error" and cannot take off. I refreshed the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to no avail. Screen shot is attached. I have no idea what else to do and my drone is useless.

EDIT: after the responses by DJI staff below telling me to enable the GPS on the device, I searched for how to enable GPS on my Android Tablet, and to my surprise found that location services (and therefore GPS) were not enabled. I had not made any changes to the tablet's settings. However, I installed a required tablet update prior to installing the DJI firmware. Perhaps it was this update that disabled the location services. The Remote ID error led me to think it was an issue with the update itself. I will report back if I have any further issues, but at the moment it looks like the issue has been resolved.

Remote ID Error

Remote ID Error
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please screenshot the firmware version and the app version for us? Those are shown in the About page.
2022-11-16
Use props
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
United States

2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansf2e52ec4. Thank you for providing the screenshot. Based on the error message above, please follow the things below:
1. Please make sure to enable the GPS function of the mobile device, and enable the GPS permission for the DJI Fly app;
2. Please make sure the mobile device has the available network. And allow DJI Fly App access to the network.
If the issue still persists, please provide the following information:
a. The screenshot of “about” in the DJI Fly App, shows the App version, firmware version, and the SN.
b. The mobile device model and system version, export the App log in the mobile device. Below is the steps on how to export it:

1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.
3. Find the file path for logs of the corresponding app as required.
4. Copy and paste the entire “LOG” file folder to the local drive and add the file folder to the compressed folder. Send back related data based on the specific method.

c. Export the flight data in aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 and tell us the specific time when the issue occurs.

We will wait for your reply. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-17
Use props
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for your quick responses. I discovered that the location services on my tablet had been deactivated, and upon reactivation no longer received the Remote ID error on startup. I consider the matter resolved, but I'll update this post if anything changes.
2022-11-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

An unnamed firmware developer deserves an apology.  
2022-11-17
Use props
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
United States

To unnamed firmware developer(s) responsible for the latest Mavic 3 firmware update, I hereby apologize for blaming you for an issue that turned out to be a tablet setting. However, I do think the error message referencing Remote ID was very confusing.
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules