Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-18 14:38
I've only met a couple of polyglots in all my travels. One was a teenager who had an English dad and a French mum. He had no trace of an accent in either language, and in addition he had studied Italian and Spanish at school. Amazing skills. And of course, the younger you start, the easier it is.

You're absolutely right about the younger you start.  I remember some of the kids at the Navy Base in Rota Spain that live off base and if they wanted to play with the Spanish neighbor kids they had to pick up the language quickly.  I was truly amazed at how fast they learned.  Trouble was they also picked up a bit of what I call non-conversational terms (if you get my drift).
2022-11-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-18 14:41
You're absolutely right about the younger you start.  I remember some of the kids at the Navy Base in Rota Spain that live off base and if they wanted to play with the Spanish neighbor kids they had to pick up the language quickly.  I was truly amazed at how fast they learned.  Trouble was they also picked up a bit of what I call non-conversational terms (if you get my drift).

Well I'm sure they'd already encountered the English equivalent terms
2022-11-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-18 14:44
Well I'm sure they'd already encountered the English equivalent terms

Yeah, you are probably right about that.  You can't shelter them from that, especially with all that is available on the internet.  
2022-11-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-19 05:41
Yeah, you are probably right about that.  You can't shelter them from that, especially with all that is available on the internet.

2022-11-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Forgot to ask earlier, how's your weather today?  

No rain here but another windy day.  The winds were supposed to die down over the weekend but once again the weather guessers were off their game.
2022-11-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-19 07:21
Forgot to ask earlier, how's your weather today?  

No rain here but another windy day.  The winds were supposed to die down over the weekend but once again the weather guessers were off their game.

We got a good start, but by the time I was ready the miserable weather had closed in.
And then this afternoon we got a decent break where I was able to get out and position the drone over a nearby park for one of those Then-and-Now shots. Comparing a B&W aerial photograph from 1952 to the present day.  I got an approximate match, but I think I can do better tomorrow if the weather is kind.
The spot is only a short walk from home.
2022-11-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-19 10:24
We got a good start, but by the time I was ready the miserable weather had closed in.
And then this afternoon we got a decent break where I was able to get out and position the drone over a nearby park for one of those Then-and-Now shots. Comparing a B&W aerial photograph from 1952 to the present day.  I got an approximate match, but I think I can do better tomorrow if the weather is kind.
The spot is only a short walk from home.

I saw the comparison shot and it was quite amazing.  I'm thinking maybe a bit more altitude would help, unless you were already at max allowed altitude.
2022-11-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-20 04:19
I saw the comparison shot and it was quite amazing.  I'm thinking maybe a bit more altitude would help, unless you were already at max allowed altitude.

I had left a margin of safety, so I'll try it again next time the weather plays ball.
2022-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-20 04:40
I had left a margin of safety, so I'll try it again next time the weather plays ball.

I hear you on that.  Scattered rains here all day with winds out of the northeast at 20-23 mph so I'm not going to take a chance in flying.  Instead I'm going to suit up and get a dive in late this morning.  
2022-11-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-20 05:38
I hear you on that.  Scattered rains here all day with winds out of the northeast at 20-23 mph so I'm not going to take a chance in flying.  Instead I'm going to suit up and get a dive in late this morning.

You shouldn't feel the wind down there -or the rain
2022-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-20 06:27
You shouldn't feel the wind down there -or the rain

You're absolutely right.  Water temperature is 74 degrees and waves are minimal so should be an interesting dive.  

Time for me to head out, get wet and make some bubbles.  Might get back on the forum this evening.  In the meantime have a great day Mr. B.
2022-11-20
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Nice shot flys.  
2023-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft