Don’t autoplay videos in “preview” mode
684 9 2022-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I am not sure if this was suggested before, but I'd like to request that the videos don't auto play when you go to the "preview" mode.

When your last footage is a video (as opposed to a photo) and you go to the preview page/mode to view/delete your footage, if your last recorded item was a video, it will automatically start playing. I think this is unnecessary. Many times I simply want to delete all the footage on the memory card so I go to that mode to select all the footage. However, if the last item was a video, it starts playing automatically. Which means I have to stop it first.

In order to stop the video, first I have to tap on the screen to bring up the play/pause icon (because most of the time the icon immediately disappears). Then I have to tap again to stop the video. And only then I can go into delete mode. That's two extra taps I have to make just to start deleting files. I don't think that's a good user experience.

When I enter the preview mode and the video does not auto play, I can immediately go and delete it, or enter the multiple thumbnail mode to select all footage and delete them. This is especially useful once I have transferred all the files to my computer and then I go to the camera to delete all footage. In which case I don't want to see a video start playing.

Thanks.
2022-11-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I think OA1 had this and Gopro too.  So this should be default.

It's better to format card after you have transferred all footage. I doesn't always do that because I always take out the memory card and use my memorycard reader.
2022-11-17
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 11-17 06:29
I think OA1 had this and Gopro too.  So this should be default.

It's better to format card after you have transferred all footage. I doesn't always do that because I always take out the memory card and use my memorycard reader.

I read a couple of articles on whether to format the cards or not. It seems opinions are split on this topic. Some say formatting the card too often will degrade the card’s lifespan. Some say it won’t.

I prefer to be safe than sorry so I just delete the files using the camera.
2022-11-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 11-17 07:01
I read a couple of articles on whether to format the cards or not. It seems opinions are split on this topic. Some say formatting the card too often will degrade the card’s lifespan. Some say it won’t.

I prefer to be safe than sorry so I just delete the files using the camera.

The only reason I format is so I doesn't have to sit and delete one by one.
And formatting is only a quick format, that I know.
2022-11-17
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 11-17 09:36
The only reason I format is so I doesn't have to sit and delete one by one.
And formatting is only a quick format, that I know.

What do you mean "delete one by one"? You can delete all media on the camera at once. Or are you not aware of this function?
2022-11-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 11-17 09:37
What do you mean "delete one by one"? You can delete all media on the camera at once. Or are you not aware of this function?

Like mark them all one by one or choose all in one tap? Because I only do what is fastest
2022-11-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

gonna make a video right now how to  not hit pause and delete  shorts it is   may help you then trying to hit pause a few times
https://youtube.com/shorts/PwnLAXDDfTU?feature=share
2022-11-17
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 11-17 15:58
gonna make a video right now how to  not hit pause and delete  shorts it is   may help you then trying to hit pause a few times
https://youtube.com/shorts/PwnLAXDDfTU?feature=share

Thanks Fish! It's an interesting concept as long as you have one video, or you are on the most recent video. But if you have, say, 3 videos and want to delete the 2nd one, if you swipe down you will end up at the latest video.

I usually don't delete individual media. I tap on the 4 little squares to bring up the multiple thumbnail view, then select all at once and delete.
2022-11-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I hear ya I delete my mistake on the spot then wait later. that will be me then swiping back so many..
2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, osmonauta. Thank you for bringing this information with us and we're sorry for the inconvenience. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules