M300 RTH issues
1089 0 2022-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Katherine James
lvl.2

Angola

Hi,

We have a M300 with smart controller and XT2 currently attached.
Back in July we were flying the drone on an automated mapping mission. During this the low battery warning went so we initiated the RTH, it failed and the flight logs show the drone either drifting or flying in the opposite direction. There was no error or warning on the controller and it acted as if the drone was returning to home. Unforatuantly it ended up landing in place. We were not able to find it immediatly due to the nature of where are working.

We have been testing the unit to see if it still functions. I did manually flights and landings with no issues, manual flight and using the RTH with no issues, a short automated flight where it RTH'd due to reaching the end of the plan with no issues.

Then today, to test the RTH mid way through the flight I initiated the RTH, it started as if it was working and then all of a sudden the controller vibrated, the drone stopped flying forwards and abuptly started flying straight up. There was no warning or error on the pilot app at this moment and there is nothing recorded in the error logs. I downloaded and decryped the flight logs but this provided no information as to why it suddenly changed behaviour.

All our firmware etc is up to date. We are not flying in areas with large amounts of metal or over head wire that may cause a compass issue.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the drone is behaving like this when flying automated an intiating the RTH or any idea how to resolve the issue?
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules