Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic 3T - long distance video transmission
1282 3 2022-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SAR_Dom
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hi everyone,

I am working with the new DJI Mavic 3T and I am excited with the specs and performance for S&R. In previous solutions analog video transmissions were easy and affordable. The helper should be equipped with a monitor to see the infrared flight capture to pick up fawns in the field.
I am not sure what the best most easiest and robust solutions would be. Also not too expensive since S&R helpers pay for all their equipment themselves.
Does DJI or any other S&R pilots know systems for helping?
  • I thought of a second remote to pair with the drone cost 900$ - the best range but control is not necessary, at the helper's hands only receiving is necessary not control over the aircraft. Question: which remote controls with a monitor can I connect the DJI Mavic3T?
  • Question: which HDMI repeaters work best with the longest possible distance? For fawn rescue, the helpers are usually in sight but 200-300m away. Most HDMI remote solutions had ranges from 100m to 150m.
  • Has anyone else worked out a solution for this type of use case? Used converters and used the old unencrypted audio equipment?

Thank you very much for your input!

Regards Dom, S&R Switzerland Alpine

2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your inconvenience. Currently, the compatible remote controller with a built-in screen is only RC Pro Enterprise, which is interchangeable with the one that comes with DJI Mavic 3E and does not support dual control. DJI RC Pro is connected through cable through the HDMI interface and no HDMI repeater has been used. We have not tested this combination before regarding your request so we can not guarantee whether it would work for you.
2022-11-19
Use props
SAR_Dom
lvl.2

Switzerland

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, that could work using a second remote which is basically an HDMI extension. Also in this way, I could connect to a command station by giving them the remote and they can then connect an HDMI screen to it. The available audio/ video solutions are kind of complicated and have very limited ranges and the very nice DJI remote set with up to 6Km of distance is a bit of an overkill. I would like to learn as much as I can from the DJI S&R use cases and how technology can be applied best. Regards Dom P.S: What would be a game changer is the Avata drone equipped with a thermal camera. With the DJI Avata (I hope I can test this for S&R) you can follow hiking trails and crevasses for missing persons. Also, the props are protected and the turtle mode to flip the drone back could extremely useful application for search and rescue.
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SAR_Dom Posted at 11-22 01:40
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, that could work using a second remote which is basically an HDMI extension. Also in this way, I could connect to a command station by giving them the remote and they can then connect an HDMI screen to it. The available audio/ video solutions are kind of complicated and have very limited ranges and the very nice DJI remote set with up to 6Km of distance is a bit of an overkill. I would like to learn as much as I can from the DJI S&R use cases and how technology can be applied best. Regards Dom P.S: What would be a game changer is the Avata drone equipped with a thermal camera. With the DJI Avata (I hope I can test this for S&R) you can follow hiking trails and crevasses for missing persons. Also, the props are protected and the turtle mode to flip the drone back could extremely useful application for search and rescue.

Sorry that since we did not test the connection method you mentioned above, we are unable to guarantee the performance. Thanks for your understanding. As for your feedback on Avata, we will forward it to the corresponding team for evaluation.
2022-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules