Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI,  
Could you clarify whether the latest v01.00.0900 FW update applies the same EU C1 restrictions in UK as it does in the EU?

Such as,

Noise reduction.
Aux Lights automatically turning on without the ability to turn them off.
Reduced speed. 50m Restriction on Tracking.
And anything esle I might have missed which does or doesn't get applied when you update to this new firmware.

Cheers

Phil

2022-11-17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I would stay on your old firmware. I know there is such a push for people to take up this new version, but just take a look at everyone complaining about LEDs not turning off at night (ruined shots) and other issues.

The changes that I've seen reported do little to nothing to alter how the drone flies, so you'd be upgrading to a terrible FW with no benefits. The sad thing is that it doesn't make it any safer in the air.

The noise rule is an odd one. The drone can't run any quieter than it already does, other than limiting the top speed. The noise rule is actually calculated from a hover and the drone can't hover any quieter because it still needs to spin the props at the same speed to maintain position.
2022-11-17
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A probably agree with you. Although I'm more concerned about any flight restrictions they may have applied to airspace.

Might have to buy another M3 for European shoots and keep this one as stealth flights!  
2022-11-17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Webevision Posted at 11-17 07:25
A probably agree with you. Although I'm more concerned about any flight restrictions they may have applied to airspace.

Might have to buy another M3 for European shoots and keep this one as stealth flights!

I see your other thread about flying in FRZ's so I understand you might be keen to upgrade it and get out of that issue you're having. Annoyingly you can't flash the firmware you're on, so you're a bit stuck.

I can't see DJI imposing any airspace restrictions on those sticking to legacy firmware. It's a possibility, but probably only if the CAA give them a directive to do so.
2022-11-17
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I feel this is a decent upgrade which many people have been waiting for for quite some time, at least the handling aspects of. The C1 compliance features are a bit of a mute point now in the UK being it's only applicable with the new Mavic 3 Classic (if yours does actually have a C1 label on it) until the end of this year, not the mavic 3/cine even with this C1 compliant firmware installed, although DJI have promised to issue labels which would potentially be useful if taking to the EU I guess. The biggest win for me are the new gain/expo settings which make a huge difference to how the drone flies and handles, much less twitchy, you now also have tripod mode, and cruise control mode as well, plus some other features such as night video mode and Remote ID (although not convinced that's actually a good thing apart from for drone muggers!).  The loss of the manual control of the landing light, and front LED's is that really such a problem? The improved handling for me far outweighs the perceived negatives.
2022-11-17
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm going to take the plunge,  mainly in the hope it will now fly like the M2! I'll just have to take it on the chin with the other stuff.

I notice DJI haven't responded. Techincally those C1 update should only apply to EU users and not UK ones, it will be interesting if they can/will seperate them.
2022-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly it applies to the UK at least until the end of the year.  
2022-11-18
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Webevision Posted at 11-18 01:09
I'm going to take the plunge,  mainly in the hope it will now fly like the M2! I'll just have to take it on the chin with the other stuff.

I notice DJI haven't responded. Techincally those C1 update should only apply to EU users and not UK ones, it will be interesting if they can/will seperate them.

This is also what is tempting me. I've banged on about the tuning for ages and feel that they've bundled it all into this update to make people upgrade.

I just can't take the risk with the LED light as I do so much work at night.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Webevision. Thank you for reaching out. The C1 certificate from the last firmware update is applicable to EU regulations only (all 27 member states of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway). We regret to inform you that the United Kingdom is not included. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-11-18
Use props
Leebroath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102923 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-18 03:14
Hi, Webevision. Thank you for reaching out. The C1 certificate from the last firmware update is applicable to EU regulations only (all 27 member states of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway). We regret to inform you that the United Kingdom is not included. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Can I just ask what is the plan for the UK and DJI, regarding C1 labelling?

Surely you’ve followed the UK’s requirement for regulations from the CAA and DfT, and are they now rejecting the C1 labels, effectively doing a U-turn.

I think DJI need to be more transparent on this to consumers, because you’re allowing drones to be sold in the UK with a C1 label on it, and by the end of the year will be irrelevant.  Which is completely confusing the public
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Leebroath Posted at 11-18 14:20
Can I just ask what is the plan for the UK and DJI, regarding C1 labelling?

Surely you’ve followed the UK’s requirement for regulations from the CAA and DfT, and are they now rejecting the C1 labels, effectively doing a U-turn.

Hi, Leebroath. Thank you for reaching out. With regard to this, we have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules