Fix for poor fitting Goggles 2? New foam ordered!
1974 15 2022-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

I ordered these from Aliexpress. One is a replacement foam, the other is a silicon skin for the existing foam. Scheduled to arrive by Dec 10th. I'll post a review as soon as I get them. I don't think the silicon skin will help much, but who knows until I try.

Silicon skin

Silicon skin

Foam

Foam
2022-11-17
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup... ordered them both last week.  I have a long running post here about this.
Links are also helpful so people dont have to waste time hunting.
  • Link1
  • Link2

Not so sure this will fix the issue. We will see.
2022-11-17
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Let us know how did you liked it
2022-11-17
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Curious if this fixes the "bad fitment" of these goggles
At the moment i am leaning towards the "old" V2 goggles....

planning on buying an Avata within a couple of weeks.... but want to make the right choice about the goggles.
2022-11-18
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered both of those.  I think the foam padding will probably work best.  Not so sure about the silicone one since it may increase the distance from the optics.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.
2022-11-18
Use props
fans952a73d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Netherlands

Bob Brown Posted at 11-17 06:42
Yup... ordered them both last week.  I have a long running post here about this.
Links are also helpful so people dont have to waste time hunting.

Link 1 is dead :-(
2022-11-18
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Worked for me.
2022-11-18
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916526 ft
United States

works for me too...
2022-11-18
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Big Question mark there.... placing an order for a new after market part is not a fix until you actually receive, install, review and try out.

Anyone can actually confirm that this is a real fix after installed and used? or just waste of more time and money on a poor designed goggles?
2022-11-18
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 11-18 04:34
Curious if this fixes the "bad fitment" of these goggles
At the moment i am leaning towards the "old" V2 goggles....

I just got a second V2 goggles to use with Avata, not really fan of changing Firmware's every time I swap between FPV and Avata.

Already sunk $100 on corrective lens for Avata goggles 2 and focusing still crap ON TOP of no fix fitment problem...I am perfectly happy with the images and comfort from V2, will soon put my goggle 2 for sale
2022-11-18
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

HDPS Posted at 11-18 13:15
Big Question mark there.... placing an order for a new after market part is not a fix until you actually receive, install, review and try out.

Anyone can actually confirm that this is a real fix after installed and used? or just waste of more time and money on a poor designed goggles?

I will have them both sometime early Dec. - Shipping from China takes forever. I will post an update when confirmed.
2022-11-20
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BTW, both models are available on eBay
2022-11-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 11-20 06:36
I will have them both sometime early Dec. - Shipping from China takes forever. I will post an update when confirmed.

shipping is about the same but at least the tracking has greatly improved.  as soon as the item arrives in america and usually it's the post office that takes over, tracking is spot on.  i'm a big fan of informed delivery.
2022-11-20
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

HDPS Posted at 11-18 13:20
I just got a second V2 goggles to use with Avata, not really fan of changing Firmware's every time I swap between FPV and Avata.

Already sunk $100 on corrective lens for Avata goggles 2 and focusing still crap ON TOP of no fix fitment problem...I am perfectly happy with the images and comfort from V2, will soon put my goggle 2 for sale

that's what i read a lot, so i am really thinking about getting the V2 "old" goggles...
Not having focus on the complete screen also has to do with the fact the actual screens are really small, so a lens has to make it so you experience it as a big screen...
that was an issue on the fatshark googles i got in the past when i was flying FPV... bottom was never in focus, so i could not see my telemetry...

OK... so again: think i'll go for the v2 "old" goggles....

I am trying to find a place to test both, but can't find a shop that has both in stock right now (stock is a complete disaster for the new goggles, and the fpv controller)
2022-11-20
Use props
mattbrad2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47087 ft

United States

BadBert Posted at 11-20 23:27
that's what i read a lot, so i am really thinking about getting the V2 "old" goggles...
Not having focus on the complete screen also has to do with the fact the actual screens are really small, so a lens has to make it so you experience it as a big screen...
that was an issue on the fatshark googles i got in the past when i was flying FPV... bottom was never in focus, so i could not see my telemetry...

FWIW, I have both and the new goggles fit much better than V2 and look 10x better. Honestly, its night and day image quality. Maybe my head is just shaped different, lol! I have a small amount of light leak around the nose area. but a 3d print shim helped with that. I've also had a small fogging issue but that was only when I was standing out in direct sunlight in 90 degree heat. I liked the new ones so much, I immediately sold the V2s on Ebay. The new ones are just so much better.
2022-11-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

I am not willing to take the risk... i want to try/fit them first.
But there is no way of doing that

but the next problem is the controller. I don't want to fly with the motion controller (i am a experienced drone pilot, full manual)
but the normal controller is impossible to get a hold of
2022-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules