recovered files on formatted SD won't play as video
615 3 2022-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Hi all
I recently formatted my SD card by accident on my Pocket 2.
I instantly took it out to avoid recording over it and used a recovery software to get the files back.
It seemed to work, all .mp4 are there with the original file sizes, but they are not being recognized as video files anymore.
is there anything I can do to fully restore them?
Thanks for any help!

2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to import the files from your SD card to your computer and try to check if the video is still corrupted? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-17
Use props
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Tthat's actually what I did, I can't play them on my PC, not in a media player and not in my editing software.
2022-11-18
Use props
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

tohuwa Posted at 11-18 04:50
Tthat's actually what I did, I can't play them on my PC, not in a media player and not in my editing software.

So after trying a few recovery softwares, the only one that did the job correctly was Wondershare recoverit. It has a dedicated video deep scan mode  that others don't have.  There are some minor issues and glitches with a few files but most of them are saved. Recuva worked in recovering files  but the videos were still unplayable. So I can recommend Recoverit if needed.
2022-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules