597 5 2022-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29206 ft
Canada

Hello,
I am trying to fly my drone in cold weather and it is around -5 degrees celcius in Canada at the moment. I have two questions:
1.If i bring a drone from a cold environment to a hot one(for example, bringing drone from outside to inside of a car). Is the condensation formed on it gonna damage it?
2.When i fly the drone in cold environment outside, will the condesation form on it(because the drone is hot and weather is cold) and damage it?

and any tips for flying in cold winter is appreciated.

2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansebfd0e0b. Thank you for your reaching out. To put it simply, the water vapor will condense on the lens when the temperature becomes rapidly higher. Similarly, our glasses usually fog up in winter when we suddenly enter a room with a higher temperature. However, the fog will dissipate itself when the ambient temperature is constant. If any issue occurs during usage, please contact us for help. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-17
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29206 ft
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-17 22:35
Hi, fansebfd0e0b. Thank you for your reaching out. To put it simply, the water vapor will condense on the lens when the temperature becomes rapidly higher. Similarly, our glasses usually fog up in winter when we suddenly enter a room with a higher temperature. However, the fog will dissipate itself when the ambient temperature is constant. If any issue occurs during usage, please contact us for help. Thank you for your understanding and support.

So the water vapour formed on the drones body or lenses while flying outside is usually harmless  right ?
2022-11-18
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Whenever the temperature is changed significantly, allow time for the drone to acclimatise slowly before flying or charging.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Put the drone in the trunk in its case/bag then same in the house leave in the bag for a couple of hours you will avoid this condensation.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 11-18 05:28
So the water vapour formed on the drones body or lenses while flying outside is usually harmless  right ?

Hi there. Minor condensation on the lens should be fine but please note that the Operating Temperature of Mini 3 Pro should be within -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F) to fly safely. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules