DJI please look at: Transmission BUG in low signal condition
1102 3 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

If the drone flyies in an area where there is low signal, the bandwidth is lowered to 10MHz by decreasing the MBit/s.
If the MBit/s drop down to below 10, it enters a condition whereby even recovering the signal, although the bandwidth widens again, the video is no longer fluid and the operator always detects on the glasses HUD, video stream speed below 10MBit/s.

2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Raf_IZ0QWM. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the poor experience. When flying the DJI Avata, please bear in mind to follow these recommendations:
1. Check whether the flight distance is within the maximum transmission distance. If the flight distance is beyond the maximum transmission distance, the flickering screen may be caused by long-distance signal transmission.
* (Maximum transmission distance of the DJI Avata (unobstructed, free of interference): 10 km (FCC)/2 km (CE)/6 km (SRRC)
2. Please check whether the flight environment is open and clear and whether there is any interference (such as a communication base station, a transmission line tower, and so on).
3. Please check whether there is any obstacle between the remote controller and the aircraft. If there is, we recommend that you go to another flight location and try again.
4. Please your remote controller toward the direction of the aircraft to shorten the communication distance.
5. Please check whether the goggles’ antenna has been damaged. If so, replace them.
If you're still having the same issues after following these conditions, please report them right away. Regarding the "transmission bug" you mentioned, you may share a video showing the fault so it can be further assessed. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-18
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Hi Tony, yes, I definitely know how and where to fly the Avata, like you probably know I'm and RF engineer. My friend flew indoors in a multi-walled environment. He noticed the problem just when the Avata was behind the wall. The signal reached very low Mbit, so he decided to bring it back but as it flew back to him, the mbit would no longer rise.

At 2:05 he starts flying, trying to reproduce the problem.
At 3:07  Avata reaches 1 Mbps
From 3:11 to 3:31 he flies back and you see that the Mbits are always close to 10 and never rise

I see the BW shrinking, but not widening.

This is the video:
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 11-19 11:44
Hi Tony, yes, I definitely know how and where to fly the Avata, like you probably know I'm and RF engineer. My friend flew indoors in a multi-walled environment. He noticed the problem just when the Avata was behind the wall. The signal reached very low Mbit, so he decided to bring it back but as it flew back to him, the mbit would no longer rise.

At 2:05 he starts flying, trying to reproduce the problem.

Thank you for sharing the video with us. To further investigate on this, we need to collect some necessary data from you. We sent you a PM to maintain account security. Please respond at your most convenient time. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules