Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disable GPS Mini 3 pro
10901 17 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IPGP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3494 ft

France

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the GPS (ATi mode) on the Mini 3 pro ?

As I fly usualy indoor, I sometimes receive GPS near windows and then the drone starts to move by itself !

Thanks

2022-11-18
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I dont think so - the old hack with assistant i use on my mavic 2 method doesnt work.

Id be interested as well - i fly a lot in narrow canyons around waterfalls etc and a weak/intermittent GPS means the drone moves around all over the place due to the low accuracy.  On my M2 i just turn off the GPS and its fine.  The mini 3 on the other hand has had several near missed and aborted flights as its almost smacked into trees and cliffs wobbling.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you lose gps you can just control with your sticks. This is a requirement if you fly without GPS. If you have no gps and the light is good ground underneath is well textured then VPS will hold your drone in place. Flying indoors in ATTI mode is extremely difficult unless its a very large and open space. Try an AVATA drone it will give you a good idea.
2022-11-18
Use props
IPGP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3494 ft

France

gnirtS Posted at 11-18 03:47
I dont think so - the old hack with assistant i use on my mavic 2 method doesnt work.

Id be interested as well - i fly a lot in narrow canyons around waterfalls etc and a weak/intermittent GPS means the drone moves around all over the place due to the low accuracy.  On my M2 i just turn off the GPS and its fine.  The mini 3 on the other hand has had several near missed and aborted flights as its almost smacked into trees and cliffs wobbling.

Maybe we can put some aluminium foil on top of the GPS antenna if we know where it is located ?
2022-11-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly let me say I do not have a Mini 3 and that the following is based on observations made of other DJI drones.

Is it possible that you are misdiagnosing the reason for the near a window wobble?
I ask because from watching the behaviour of my drones I am left with the impression that where/when both VPS and GPS are available/usable, VPS takes precedence and that therefore gaining a few GPS satellites should not cause wobble.

I also have the suspicion that there is some form of connection between the amount of light reaching BOTH the proper camera and the VPS cameras. I can't remember the circumstances that lead me to that suspicion but is it possible that, when the drone is near your window, the light coming through the window puts, from the drone's perspective, the 'ground' beneath the drone into 'darkness', thereby rendering VPS unusable?
Alternatively could it be that the floor near your windows has, to paraphrase Hallmark's post,  unsuitable "texture"?.

2022-11-18
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

VPS only works in good light with a suitable textured surface.  And a low enough altitude.

A weak GPS lock means a high circle of error and the drone wobbling round all over in that circle.  An on/off GPS is worse as it "snaps" to a position, drifts out and repeats.

The behaviour is common to all DJI drones - the earlier ones you could manually select ATTI or at least enable it via a parameter change hack.  Mini 3 not so much.  It makes closed space flying very risky.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

gnirtS Posted at 11-18 05:46
VPS only works in good light with a suitable textured surface.  And a low enough altitude.

A weak GPS lock means a high circle of error and the drone wobbling round all over in that circle.  An on/off GPS is worse as it "snaps" to a position, drifts out and repeats.

The guy is wanting to fly indoors, so unless he is flying above 30m (edit 30ft)  which he’s well within VPS range and its also more than likely needed good light or else his drone camera is pretty useless , on off gps will have no effect if GPS is working. No matter what dji drone you used you always had VPS. So while indoor flying was and is more difficult, simple good light which is also needed for filming  and good textured flooring and GPS cutting in or out will make no difference except to help.
If you remember with older drones of which I still have two, turning on ATTI and back to GPS was instant, no jumping it was instant and you could carry on flying as normal.
Flying indoors VPS is most important if this works GPS will only enhance or do nothing.
2022-11-18
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Not really. VPS is very poor indoors.  Light looks good to the human eye but in reality is 3-4 stops lower than outside.  You can easily film in light suitable for video but not suitable for VPS.  And thats before you look at the type of surfaces indoors with no obvious texture or have repeated patterns to make it unreliable.
Its rare, if ever to have great indoor light.

And yes on/off GPS causes huge problems with switching from ATTI into a large CEP GPS and back. Well documented.

A 10m CEP on the GPS (which is common indoors or canyons) is worse than useless.  It can and has caused crashes.
2022-11-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 06:39
The guy is wanting to fly indoors, so unless he is flying above 30m which he’s well within VPS range and its also more than likely needed good light or else his drone camera is pretty useless , on off gps will have no effect if GPS is working. No matter what dji drone you used you always had VPS. So while indoor flying was and is more difficult, simple good light which is also needed for filming  and good textured flooring and GPS cutting in or out will make no difference except to help.
If you remember with older drones of which I still have two, turning on ATTI and back to GPS was instant, no jumping it was instant and you could carry on flying as normal.
Flying indoors VPS is most important if this works GPS will only enhance or do nothing.

unless he is flying above 30m which he’s well within VPS range
VPS range to 30 metres ??
You spout a lot of nonsense.

From the specs ...
Precise Hovering Range: 0.5-12 m
2022-11-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ignore this one, I didn't press reply
2022-11-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 11-18 05:46

"A weak GPS lock means a high circle of error and the drone wobbling round all over in that circle." Taken literally and in isolation that is not necessarily correct.

Indoors, with no GPS but working VPS, ( 100's of flights ) my minis are cm perfect, to the extent that I have, occasionally, left them hovering unattended, and, when I came back, they where were I left them. I would near enough say the same of the M2Z/P but I am not going to leave those unattended, due to their cost.
Often outdoors I have to launch with out GPS (mini and M2) and, once airborne and relying on VPS alone, hover or move about slightly until sufficient GPS satellites are 'gathered'.  Allowing for wind, at no point, as the GPS count ticks upwards, does the drone wander or wobble. In fact, one airdata laughable track (a mini) starts by showing the drone 300m or more from where it actually was. Once the GPS 'firmed up' the track showed the correct location but at all times the drone was stable and did not wander or wobble.

Without VPS yes then I would agree that sketchy GPS could lead to movement around a centralised location.
2022-11-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 11-18 06:49
Not really. VPS is very poor indoors.  Light looks good to the human eye but in reality is 3-4 stops lower than outside.  You can easily film in light suitable for video but not suitable for VPS.  And thats before you look at the type of surfaces indoors with no obvious texture or have repeated patterns to make it unreliable.

Sorry but "VPS is very poor indoors" is complete rubbish. I would have destroyed every DJI drone I own if that were correct. I have made 100's of indoor flights, probably over 1,000,

Correction, a skim of the csv that is my log book, for zero lat and long flights, suggests in excess of 1,800 indoor flights, that assumes my programming is correct and I have just checked that too and I think it is.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 11-18 07:24
unless he is flying above 30m which he’s well within VPS range
VPS range to 30 metres ??
You spout a lot of nonsense.

I meant 30 ft, but Master LabRat can’t wait to pounce what a sad Nob you really are.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

gnirtS Posted at 11-18 06:49

And yes on/off GPS causes huge problems with switching from ATTI into a large CEP GPS and back. Well documented.

Where are you getting this information from. I regularly fly indoors and moving constantly between GPS No GPS and weak GPS and its causes no problems as long as you have VPS working as it should. VPS doesn’t need any more than good light and if I can see in the good light so can VPS in fact Id say it could be other way around. I guess you don’t fly indoors.
2022-11-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 08:23
I meant 30 ft, but Master LabRat can’t wait to pounce what a sad Nob you really are.

You meant 30 feet, but two hours later it still says 30 metres.
How are readers to tell what you mean from what you say amongst the almost unintelligible gibberish?

You could have graciously said thanks for pointing out the typo, or just ignored my post and corrected it.
but no, true to form you displayed your true character as a toxic scum on this forum.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 11-18 09:16
How are readers to tell what you mean from what you say amongst the almost unintelligible gibberish?

You really are a sad miserable pi$$ poor excuse for a man. If you want to point out something to others who might have got it wrong. Try doing it without your usual regurgitating insults. Nobody thanks anyone for their insulting behavior you should know this from many legacy posts on this forum, try helping without your constant trolling and insults.
2022-11-18
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-18 09:16

Is this clown ever going to grow up,surely has some strange issues
2022-11-18
Use props
djiuser_qp5cPTCMv0jJ
lvl.1

Israel

"I dont think so - the old hack with assistant i use on my mavic 2 method doesnt work."

@gnirtS Can you please elaborate about this hack? Can I disable GPS in Mini 2 with this (or some other) hack?
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules