2373 45 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

UK flying camera people:
Can you please recommend a seller, maybe eBay, AliExpress or anywhere else that sells and delivers the Plus batteries to the UK?
How much are they? Regular is £60.

Thank you.

** EDIT **
To help anyone else out:
I ordered one from AliExpress, for £100.70 includes taxes.
AliBaba was £111 inc. taxes.

2022-11-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think folks use Ali or eBay, just bare in mind you have no warranty with it though....
2022-11-18
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-18 05:04
I think folks use Ali or eBay, just bare in mind you have no warranty with it though....

Thanks for the reply and information.
They seem a rip off on eBay. I'll check Ali, but I'm not sure which seller to pick.

Off topic:
Would you be the same Bashy with a YouTube channel and a video featuring FCC Mode?
If you are, you F'ing rule sir.
I sent an email to you or the other Bashy about the video, last night.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, MS. Thank you for your inquiry and we're glad you could purchase one from a third-party store. For future reference, you may also contact our Customer Support to check for availability. You may reach them through this link: {https://www.dji.com/uk/support}. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2022-11-18
Use props
ResonatorUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1650194 ft
United Kingdom

I got mine from DJI Drones Store on AliExpress. I paid about £119. It took about 20 days to get to me in the UK.
The price will vary from store to store.
2022-11-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-18 05:21
Thanks for the reply and information.
They seem a rip off on eBay. I'll check Ali, but I'm not sure which seller to pick.

HI, one and the same, i will have to check my emails, not noticed anything so may be in the spam...

btw £100.70 including taxes is low, i cannot find that on Ali, best i could find is £95 + taxes any link please?
2022-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eBay search for "dji mini 3 extended battery".      But be aware the clips on them are different and liable to crack and you wont get any warranty from DJI.    Don't ask how I know.
2022-11-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For anyone who has bought one on the likes of Ali, did import duties get levied?
2022-11-19
Use props
ResonatorUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1650194 ft
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-19 02:48
For anyone who has bought one on the likes of Ali, did import duties get levied?

I did not have to pay anything extra. Only paid what the total was in the shopping cart.
2022-11-19
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ResonatorUAV Posted at 11-18 19:56
I got mine from DJI Drones Store on AliExpress. I paid about £119. It took about 20 days to get to me in the UK.
The price will vary from store to store.

Thank you for the help.
2022-11-19
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-18 21:01
HI, one and the same, i will have to check my emails, not noticed anything so may be in the spam...

btw £100.70 including taxes is low, i cannot find that on Ali, best i could find is £95 + taxes  any link please?

Thank you for the email reply.
FCC Mode is like flying outside, after you've just flown inside.

This is the link I used https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004324471090.html
The third item from the left, on the top row is the Plus battery, priced at £83.96
2022-11-19
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 01:51
eBay search for "dji mini 3 extended battery".      But be aware the clips on them are different and liable to crack and you wont get any warranty from DJI.    Don't ask how I know.

Thank you. I did search eBay, but the prices were ridiculous.
Were the batteries you bought official DJI ones?
Could you tape them in place to stop them, I guess, falling out of the drone mid flight?

2022-11-19
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ResonatorUAV Posted at 11-19 03:13
I did not have to pay anything extra. Only paid what the total was in the shopping cart.

That's good to know. Thanks.
2022-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-19 03:46
Thank you. I did search eBay, but the prices were ridiculous.
Were the batteries you bought official DJI ones?
Could you tape them in place to stop them, I guess, falling out of the drone mid flight?

They are genuine DJI batteries.   Watch out for the ones he puts up as bidding then use something like just snipe to bid at the last few seconds.  

My tabs have cracked so they still work,  not sure what I will do when they fail totally.  But looking on another forum there’s been quite a few fail like this due to the plastic being thinner around the tabs.
2022-11-19
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 04:56
They are genuine DJI batteries.   Watch out for the ones he puts up as bidding then use something like just snipe to bid at the last few seconds.  

My tabs have cracked so they still work,  not sure what I will do when they fail totally.  But looking on another forum there’s been quite a few fail like this due to the plastic being thinner around the tabs.

Thanks for the explanation.
Do they crack suddenly, or is it a slow process over time?
2022-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-19 06:11
Thanks for the explanation.
Do they crack suddenly, or is it a slow process over time?

Not sure,  I happened to pickup the plus battery to use it and noticed they were floppier and on inspection you could see the cracks.  This was after 48 uses.

2022-11-19
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 06:58
Not sure,  I happened to pickup the plus battery to use it and noticed they were floppier and on inspection you could see the cracks.  This was after 48 uses.

[view_image]

Holy F***. That is bad.
Thanks for the photos. It looks like you might need to use Duct Tape or similar to keep the battery in place whilst flying.
Good luck, I hope it doesn't fall out.
2022-11-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the Link MS,

Its not the 1st time DJI has used plastic that cracks from just looking at them, My P4P batteries have all got cracks in them and in places where there's really no reason, the landing legs have hairline stress cracks too. But with regards to these batteries, it was a poor design that could have easily been rectified and probably already doing so...

DA, you could keep your eyes open for a dud battery although prob wont find any until a year after the release, but thats what i would for a long time solution. I think that DJI not having a worldwide warranty is quite poor too, heck, they can build lovely large buildings from your proceeds, least they could do is to honour poor workmanship/design flaws regardless as to what country has bought it, its a cop out if you ask me
2022-11-19
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-19 08:23
Thanks for the Link MS,

Its not the 1st time DJI has used plastic that cracks from just looking at them, My P4P batteries have all got cracks in them and in places where there's really no reason, the landing legs have hairline stress cracks too. But with regards to these batteries, it was a poor design that could have easily been rectified and probably already doing so...

My pleasure sir.
2022-11-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I decided to go with the guy on ebay, buy it now for £129.45 all in, should get it Tuesday, i'd rather pay extra as i really hate waiting lol thanks though, I've kept the one on Ali in my basket in case i want another
2022-11-19
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-19 09:04
I decided to go with the guy on ebay, buy it now for £129.45 all in, should get it Tuesday, i'd rather pay extra as i really hate waiting lol thanks though, I've kept the one on Ali in my basket in case i want another

Nice,
Can you post a link please? I've done a search but can't find any at that price.
I'll keep the link for future reference.
Thanks.
** EDIT **
Would you (or anyone else) have experience with this style of battery charger?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/STARTRC ... y-Hub/dp/B0BC3PLMYK
(It's way cheaper on eBay though).

Sometimes, it would be good to charge 3 batteries up at the same time. Two separate hubs and one battery in the drone.

2022-11-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-19 09:55
Nice,
Can you post a link please? I've done a search but can't find any at that price.
I'll keep the link for future reference.

Here ya go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134334327232

If it was me, i would always try to stick with DJI stuff, if it cost prohibited then i would go for another, cheaper make, I have seen that make around and have not heard anything bad so far... FYI the DJI Hub is only £39 + Shipping, if you have any points/credit from using the forum, that can help greatly

As a side note, I have 2x 65w, 3 port chargers, which means i can charge all, that's 2 batteries (2 (only 1 at a time) in the hub and one in the drone) and the DJI RC at the same time and at a fast charge, perhaps that might be a better option?
2022-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-19 07:20
Holy F***. That is bad.
Thanks for the photos. It looks like you might need to use Duct Tape or similar to keep the battery in place whilst flying.
Good luck, I hope it doesn't fall out.

At the moment the battery is quite a snug fit and the tabs still work,    when the clips finally fail I will probably retire the battery.
2022-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-19 08:23
Thanks for the Link MS,

Totally agree Bashy,   and that building is something special thanks to all of us.  

As for the battery,  I think I regret the purchase a little,    the additional flight time has only been useful for hyperlapse type stuff and I think I would have been far better off just getting a 4th regular battery,  Ive seen quite a lot of threads of this happening in the plus battery on the other forum so maybe the newer ones will have been fixed not to do this but Im not holding my breath.
2022-11-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 00:34
Totally agree Bashy,   and that building is something special thanks to all of us.  

As for the battery,  I think I regret the purchase a little,    the additional flight time has only been useful for hyperlapse type stuff and I think I would have been far better off just getting a 4th regular battery,  Ive seen quite a lot of threads of this happening in the plus battery on the other forum so maybe the newer ones will have been fixed not to do this but Im not holding my breath.

To be honest, i will probably do the 10 x charges then the range test and then it will prob gather dust lol, although, it will come in handy for the Steam Rally next year if it don't rain
2022-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-20 01:16
To be honest, i will probably do the 10 x charges then the range test and then it will prob gather dust lol, although, it will come in handy for the Steam Rally next year if it don't rain

I'll be interested to see what you think about the range,   o solid proof but I always felt like the connection was better with the plus battery.
2022-11-20
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-19 19:00
Here ya go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134334327232

Thank you for the link.

The 3rd party charger interested me because of the claimed 45 mins charge time.

Also this tickled my fancy, which claims to parallel charge 4 batteries at once in 75 mins.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LYONGTE ... rging/dp/B0BG8XCN3Z
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004882275015.html
2022-11-20
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 00:32
At the moment the battery is quite a snug fit and the tabs still work,    when the clips finally fail I will probably retire the battery.

That's good to know.
2022-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-20 03:52
Thank you for the link.

Oooh that charger is tempting.  
2022-11-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 01:17
I'll be interested to see what you think about the range,   o solid proof but I always felt like the connection was better with the plus battery.

Weird how that worked out, will be interesting to see how well FCC works over CE, not had the chance to test it because i can pretty much max out the standard battery distance, enough for a safe margin, i returned at 65%, but i think there was ample left, i think at a stretch 6km might just be doable on the standard battery in CE mode. It will be a fun few days and where i test there is i think one or 2 farm buildings over the whole distance, this a great place and its totally flat around here.

As an afterthought, 5.5km at 29m high, thats gotta be darn close to the horizon, no?

Anyway, i will let ya know how it goes but i need to charge it a good few times before i can take things to the limit, this a shame its just the one battery as its gonna take a while to figure out the safe return point, i think its gonna be windy again this week too, thats sods law.... lol
2022-11-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 11-20 03:52
Thank you for the link.

I have thought about those but if i am 100% honest, it circles back to the "preferring DJI accessories". I will never trust one of those, not 100%, saying that, i don't trust any generic charger, including the ones i have lol Just read the reviews and see what folks say and take it from there. Its also down to how fast you really need them to charge, would you really be in and out with it, for me i have a session and then have to be back for the dogs and thats it for the day, normally 4-5hrs max or 6 hours if kayaking. But if you can and will do multiple sessions a day then its worth getting the inline charger, either that or just get more batteries
2022-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-20 05:13
Weird how that worked out, will be interesting to see how well FCC works over CE, not had the chance to test it because i can pretty much max out the standard battery distance, enough for a safe margin, i returned at 65%, but i think there was ample left, i think at a stretch 6km might just be doable on the standard battery in CE mode. It will be a fun few days and where i test there is i think one or 2 farm buildings over the whole distance, this a great place and its totally flat around here.

As an afterthought, 5.5km at 29m high, thats gotta be darn close to the horizon, no?

After the first charge cycle I didn’t seen any increase in air time with the plus battery.  I don’t think you’ll gain anything from 10 cycles.
2022-11-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 05:40
After the first charge cycle I didn’t seen any increase in air time with the plus battery.  I don’t think you’ll gain anything from 10 cycles.

I wonder if DJI says its just for the standard ones?
2022-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-20 07:50
I wonder if DJI says its just for the standard ones?

Well,  I'll be interested to hear you opinion.    My Mini3 batteries are down to abut 85% now sadly I was hoping they would be doing better as I always land at 25% or better.  
2022-11-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 23:59
Well,  I'll be interested to hear you opinion.    My Mini3 batteries are down to abut 85% now sadly I was hoping they would be doing better as I always land at 25% or better.

You have caned the life out of them lol
2022-11-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine should have been here today, Tracked 24 ain't worth a t055
2022-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-22 08:35
Mine should have been here today, Tracked 24 ain't worth a t055

We’re having issues too.  They keep not delivering saying property inaccessible.  But they can deliver the normal mail fine.  
2022-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-22 07:16
You have caned the life out of them lol

I’m at about 120 cycles on the standard ones now.  
2022-11-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-22 10:37
I’m at about 120 cycles on the standard ones now.

In comparison, i think out of the 4 batteries on my ex Mini 2, not one was above 50 and a few of those were just top-ups lol
2022-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-22 20:29
In comparison, i think out of the 4 batteries on my ex Mini 2, not one was above 50 and a few of those were just top-ups lol

hahaha,  I think you need to fly more.   
2022-11-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules