DJI Mini 3 Pro, MicroSD cards
475 3 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WireleZz
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello,

A few days ago ive bought the 'DJI Mini 3 Pro' and was wondering why the controller and the drone have a MicroSD card slot.
Does it require to fill both slots, or can i record when theres one in the drone itself?

Also what microSD card would you guys recommend me to get? (I was thinking of this one)
Lexar microSDXC Card 512GB High-Performance 1066x UHS-I U3
Thank you

Kind regards,
WireleZz
Alex

2022-11-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can put ad SD card in both slots if you wish, but putting one in the drone only will suffice. The one in the controller is useful if you want to record the screen view in addition to what the drone sees.
As for cards, DJI have their recommendation.
https://m.dji.com/uk/product/sandisk-micro-sd-card-64gb
Have a read of the Manual for further information.
2022-11-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Blériot53 says if you put an SD card in the RC it will only be used for screen recording and the resolution for that is really low.  I keep a 256GB card in the drone and keep on in the RC.  However, the one in the RC is just an emergency back-up that I will only use in the drone should that one fail.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, WireleZz. Thank you for your inquiry. Blériot53 and DowntownRDB are both correct. You can record with a microSD card on the drone only. Also, the SD card for the drone DJI RC is mainly for extra storage and backup only. Here are the recommended microSD cards for the aircraft and the DJI RC:
DJI RC:

Aircraft:

You may also check the User Manual to get more details about the functions and usage of the Mini 3 Pro through this link: {chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/20221104/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf}.
Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2022-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules