DJI Magic 3 Cine - Now I'm confused
899 6 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giu65
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi,

I recently got a Mavic3 Cine, I was told it was C1 Compliant but now I'm super confused.

It's still in the box
I passed the certification, I have an Operator ID (it's in the RC)

But I still don't know whether I'm allowed to even get out in the fields and try it out. It's extremely frustrating.

What would happen if I fly my Mavic3 Cine according to the C1 Specs? Would I be I trouble?

(I'm in Belgium by the way)

Thanks for the feedback

2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, Giu65. Thank you for reaching out. To clarify, the Mavic 3 Series are now C1-compliant through the latest firmware upgrade (v01.00.0900) however, users will still need to apply to get the C1 label. The application process for obtaining the new C1 class identification label for the Mavic 3 series is scheduled to be available to all customers later this year. More details will be announced at the time. There is no possibility to apply for it now. For more details, you may check this link: {https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -for-mavic-3-series}. As for the consequences of flying using the C1 specs, you may want to check your local laws and regulations for that. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-18
Use props
Giu65
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 11-18 22:12
Hi there, Giu65. Thank you for reaching out. To clarify, the Mavic 3 Series are now C1-compliant through the latest firmware upgrade (v01.00.0900) however, users will still need to apply to get the C1 label. The application process for obtaining the new C1 class identification label for the Mavic 3 series is scheduled to be available to all customers later this year. More details will be announced at the time. There is no possibility to apply for it now. For more details, you may check this link: {https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-granted-worlds-first-c1-certificate-for-mavic-3-series}. As for the consequences of flying using the C1 specs, you may want to check your local laws and regulations for that. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks Tony.
It's weird but it clarifies about being C1 or not.

I suppose l can live with the "later this year" deadline as it's not so far from now.

If I understand correctly the link you provide, until the sticker, I fly under the A2 Open Category then ?

Let me rephrase my second question :-)

Now that I added my Operator ID in the RC PRO, what happens when I turn on my Mavic3 ? Does it popup on some radar?
2022-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Giu65 Posted at 11-19 00:07
Thanks Tony.

The Mavic 3 Classic has the C1 sticker from the factory.    Until you can get the sticker for the Cine you can only fly A3 unless you take the A2CofC course and pass the test.  Then its A2.
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Giu65 Posted at 11-19 00:07
Thanks Tony.

You're welcome, Giu65. Regarding the operations and categories, it would be best to check with your local drone regulations, or with EASA. You may also visit this website for more details: (https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones). Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-11-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Was the headline "DJI Magic 3" a little joke on your part or an oversight...?     
2022-11-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's magical!  Just wave the firmware wand and it is C1 compliant!
2022-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules