9633 45 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801864 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I bought a new DJI Avata but it sometimes refuses to take off.
Everything is updated to the latest firmware but I can't get it up.
Constantly getting the message "aircraft in low-power state" and it doesn't respond to pressing to take off.
Even when I start recording it does record but the motors won't start. Who can help me?
2022-11-18
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916526 ft
United States

What controller are you using?
2022-11-18
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 08:02

The motion controller
2022-11-18
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

can you get the props spinning by double pressing the red button?
2022-11-18
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 08:13
can you get the props spinning by double pressing the red button?

No, that's exactly what my post is about. the avatar does not respond to the commands I execute such as pressing the red button twice.
Occasionally he does, but 9 times out of 10 he doesn't.
2022-11-18
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

Just a guess, you need to hold the motion controller leveled. That's what happens with DJI FPV, that shows a green square when motion controller is inside limits to take off. But I'm not sure of it.
2022-11-18
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

sorry, you said in your original post that it doesn't respond to pressing to take off. just wanted to make sure you knew to get it to take off you have to arm the drone by double pressing the red button then when the props start press and hold to take off. if that's not working I would check the to make sure the controller and goggles are calibrated. either of those could stop the drone from arming.
2022-11-18
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

EiraSYS Posted at 11-18 08:31
Just a guess, you need to hold the motion controller leveled. That's what happens with DJI FPV, that shows a green square when motion controller is inside limits to take off. But I'm not sure of it.

It seems that after the update the problems started. I see on this forum that several people have this problem. I hope for an answer from DJI or someone who managed to solve the problem.
2022-11-18
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 08:33
sorry, you said in your original post that it doesn't respond to pressing to take off. just wanted to make sure you knew to get it to take off you have to arm the drone by double pressing the red button then when the props start press and hold to take off. if that's not working I would check the to make sure the controller and goggles are calibrated. either of those could stop the drone from arming.

It seems that after the update the problems started. I see on this forum that several people have this problem. I hope for an answer from DJI or someone who managed to solve the problem.
2022-11-18
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

KayJay Posted at 11-18 08:36
It seems that after the update the problems started. I see on this forum that several people have this problem. I hope for an answer from DJI or someone who managed to solve the problem.

I had it happen to me once and it was because the motion controller need calibration. you can get to it though the settings menu in the goggles.
2022-11-18
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 08:40
I had it happen to me once and it was because the motion controller need calibration. you can get to it though the settings menu in the goggles.

I recalibrated the controller but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.
2022-11-18
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

KayJay Posted at 11-18 10:30
I recalibrated the controller but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.

darn, if you go to the status area of the goggles menu are you getting any other errors?
2022-11-18
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 11:33
darn, if you go to the status area of the goggles menu are you getting any other errors?

No, only aircraft in low-power state
2022-11-18
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

KayJay Posted at 11-18 11:36
No, only aircraft in low-power state

That's all I had to do to get mine going. sorry I couldn't be more help
2022-11-18
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 11:57
That's all I had to do to get mine going. sorry I couldn't be more help

Thanks for your feedback. I hope that DJI comes with a solution!
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, Freson. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Please note that the " aircraft low-power state" reminder has been added in the last firmware (v01.01.0000) and only means that the aircraft enters a low-power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption and should be able to take off outdoors. But since you mentioned that it cannot launch, we highly suggest that you refresh the firmware of the drone, goggles, and RC. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) in refreshing the firmware. And if you have a spare remote controller (like the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2), please try to use it. Moreover, please make sure that the propellers are properly attached. You may refer to this link for more detailed instructions on how to change the accessories: {https://www.dji.com/avata/video}. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-18
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 11-18 22:03
Hi there, Freson. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Please note that the " aircraft low-power state" reminder has been added in the last firmware (v01.01.0000) and only means that the aircraft enters a low-power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption and should be able to take off outdoors. But since you mentioned that it cannot launch, we highly suggest that you refresh the firmware of the drone, goggles, and RC. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) in refreshing the firmware. And if you have a spare remote controller (like the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2), please try to use it. Moreover, please make sure that the propellers are properly attached. You may refer to this link for more detailed instructions on how to change the accessories: {https://www.dji.com/avata/video}. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.

Dear Tony,
Maybe I haven't been so clear but the problem mainly occurs indoors. I just got the drone and with the weather conditions here (rain and a lot of wind) I haven't tested it outside yet. I also want to use the drone mainly for indoor projects. Am I doing something wrong because you indicate that outside should not be a problem? I like to hear from you.

I have solved the problem. After refreshing the updates he works good!!!

Thanks!!!

2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KayJay Posted at 11-19 00:55
Dear Tony,
Maybe I haven't been so clear but the problem mainly occurs indoors. I just got the drone and with the weather conditions here (rain and a lot of wind) I haven't tested it outside yet. I also want to use the drone mainly for indoor projects. Am I doing something wrong because you indicate that outside should not be a problem? I like to hear from you.

Hi, KayJay. Thank you for the prompt update. We are very pleased to read the good news. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_FqgMUyCDzkuy
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-19 23:08
Hi, KayJay. Thank you for the prompt update. We are very pleased to read the good news. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!

Tony, I am having the same problem about the aircraft being in a low power state and not being able to take off. Have you developed a solution to this firmware problem yet?
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_FqgMUyCDzkuy Posted at 12-13 17:29
Tony, I am having the same problem about the aircraft being in a low power state and not being able to take off. Have you developed a solution to this firmware problem yet?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. We highly recommend refreshing the firmware of the devices using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
Before starting the update, please ensure a stable internet connection and enough battery level.
Here are the steps on how to update the firmware of the goggles, remote controller, and aircraft:
1. On your computer, install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from this link. Once installed, launch the DJI Assistant 2.
2. Connect the DJI Goggles 2/Remote Controller/Avata to the computer with a USB cable.
3. Power on the device.  After the software recognizes it, click the device name icon.
4. Select "Firmware Update" from the left-hand side and choose the option to "Update" or "Refresh" whichever is available.
Once done, restart the devices, relink, and check if the same issue persists. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_FqgMUyCDzkuy
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-19 23:08

New DJI Avata. One successful flight firmware updated. Now aircraft gives error message “aircraft is in low power mode“ and refuses to take off even though the engine and batteries are cool and fully charged. Is my only hope a firmware refresh, somehow corrects this bug? Help!
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_FqgMUyCDzkuy
New

United States

Double beeping when lock button is depressed
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_FqgMUyCDzkuy Posted at 12-14 07:04
New DJI Avata. One successful flight firmware updated. Now aircraft gives error message “aircraft is in low power mode“ and refuses to take off even though the engine and batteries are cool and fully charged. Is my only hope a firmware refresh, somehow corrects this bug? Help!

Thank you for your response. Please note that the aircraft enters a low-power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption. Since the aircraft is unable to take off with this prompt, a Firmware Refresh is highly recommended to resolve it. In case the issue persists after refreshing it, kindly report back right away. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2022-12-14
Use props
Dalí_
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi!!!!!!!
Exact same problem here!!
I bought my drone two months ago but had the time to fly it only once, its like new.

After that first fly, I've recharged batteries, updated to the latest firmware, everything looks good, Everything is good in the screen (googles 2, motion controller), the drone is flashing with the green light slowly so I understand everything is fine, And then, when I press the stop button twice in the motion controller to take off it just beeps twice and nothing else happen ;( . I've tried the other way, just pressing the stop button for 2 seconds with the same result, two beeps from the controller and nothing else happen.

The only messages that appear in the screen is something like "check the area surrounding to the propellers and start the motors" (is in Spanish so no idea which is the original English message) , the other message is "drone in low power mode".

I've calibrated the drone, the controller, the googles, but nothing works.

I've tried the two methods, no phone connected, and with the phone connected and the fly app running and nothing, same two beeps from the controller and nothing happens.

The drone has never been crashed (i did only fly it once).

Im located in Colombia, south America, I will try the refreshing with the firmware, thanks for the thread.
2023-1-14
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

2023-1-15
Use props
Daliacute_
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi,
I was hopping that whit the refresh of the firmware everything worked again, buy unfortunately that was not the case, I am kind of sad now.

What I did:
1 - Refreshed the fmw in the goggles (Goggles 2)
2 - Refreshed the fmw in the controller (motion controller, joystik)
3 - Refreshed the fmw in the aircraft (avata)
4 - Recalibrate the compass in the controller
5 - Recalibrate the IMU of the controller
6 - Recalibrate the compass of the aircraft
7 - Recalibrate the IMU of the aircraft
8 - Recalibrate the stabilizer of the aircraft
9 - Recalibrate the compass of the goggles
10 - Recalibrate the IMU of the goggles.
11 - Reinstalé la aplicación DJI Fly en mi teléfono (por si acaso)11 - Reinstalled the DJI Fly app in my phone (just in case)

Then:
- Everything power on correctly (controller, goggles, avata).
- I can see the image of the camera in the phone, no errors in the screen. The only messages that appear in the screen is something like "check the area surrounding the propellers and start the motors" (is in Spanish so no idea which is the original English message) , the other message is "drone in low power mode"
- The avata flashes with the green light.

The problem still remains:
When I try to arm the motors, the response I get is just two beeps on the controller and nothing else happens.

2023-1-17
Use props
Daliacute_
lvl.1
Colombia

ro_walker Posted at 1-15 19:52

Hi ro_walker, I have a Motion Controller Joystick, the new one that many hates hahaha.
2023-1-17
Use props
Daliacute_
lvl.1
Colombia

so so so embarrassed, I was doing the arming of the motors in the wrong way. I was pushing the red button twice but in the second push I was not releasing the button, I was holding it, I just realice it a minute ago that I saw a video. well dummy mistake. apart from that, all the refreshing fmw is working fine in all the components. thanks!!
2023-1-17
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Daliacute_ Posted at 1-17 18:47
Hi ro_walker, I have a Motion Controller Joystick, the new one that many hates hahaha.

2023-1-21
Use props
fanse535bebc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146496 ft
United States

ro_walker Posted at 1-21 19:40

I am having the same exact problems.  Brand new drone.  It did seem to indicate there was interference.  My guess is that this drone is very temperamental to such things which is why I won’t arm.  Another clue that this might be the case is when it does arm, in certain directions it won’t respond to the motion controllers commands.  I’m gonna try the refresh today and then re-link and recalibrate everything in this area.  Then I’ll move to another.  

Another this to note is I have the DJI fpv and although it always arms, when I tried the motion controller (the old one, I have the new one I’m using with the avata), it would arm but just drift erratically.  I thought it was broken, but since reading this article, I now think it’s interference related.  
2023-4-8
Use props
MTrev
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-18 22:03
Hi there, Freson. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Please note that the " aircraft low-power state" reminder has been added in the last firmware (v01.01.0000) and only means that the aircraft enters a low-power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption and should be able to take off outdoors. But since you mentioned that it cannot launch, we highly suggest that you refresh the firmware of the drone, goggles, and RC. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) in refreshing the firmware. And if you have a spare remote controller (like the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2), please try to use it. Moreover, please make sure that the propellers are properly attached. You may refer to this link for more detailed instructions on how to change the accessories: {https://www.dji.com/avata/video}. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.

This is a crap response. Lots of people are having this problem. Major error DJI. Quit placating us with this firmware crap when you know that isn't the solution. After reading so many reviews not only here but other online forums, you can tell I'm beyond frustrated.
2023-4-8
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

MTrev Posted at 4-8 11:23
This is a crap response. Lots of people are having this problem. Major error DJI. Quit placating us with this firmware crap when you know that isn't the solution. After reading so many reviews not only here but other online forums, you can tell I'm beyond frustrated.

I have to agree those answers are a total waste of time....
2023-4-8
Use props
Technomancer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153960 ft
United States

Have the same problem, I've flown my dji avata about 20 times in the last year without any issues. I booted up the googles and it told me I needed to update my battery firmware, which I did. Now the drone won't start after pressing the Lock button twice. And yes, I'm not holding down the f***ing button. I have 5 batteries and I've also tried starting the drone without doing the battery firmware update. Still won't start, I know have a useless drone that won't fly. The firmware is updated on all devices. This is bu**sh*t.
2023-10-14
Use props
Technomancer
lvl.1
United States

Have the same problem, I've flown my dji avata about 20 times in the last year without any issues. I booted up the googles and it told me I needed to update my battery firmware, which I did. Now the drone won't start after pressing the Lock button twice. And yes, I'm not holding down the f***ing button. I have 5 batteries and I've also tried starting the drone without doing the battery firmware update. Still won't start, I now have a useless drone that won't fly. The firmware is updated on all devices. This is bu**sh*t.
2023-10-14
Use props
Technomancer
lvl.1
United States

ro_walker Posted at 4-8 20:11
I have to agree those answers are a total waste of time....

Have the same problem, I've flown my dji avata about 20 times in the last year without any issues. I booted up the googles and it told me I needed to update my battery firmware, which I did. Now the drone won't start after pressing the Lock button twice. And yes, I'm not holding down the f***ing button. I have 5 batteries and I've also tried starting the drone without doing the battery firmware update. Still won't start, I now have a useless drone that won't fly. The firmware is updated on all devices. This is bu**sh*t.
2023-10-14
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Avata has done this from day one.  It takes several tries before it will finally come out of the low power state.  I thought maybe it was my inexperience with the drone.  Now I'm thinking not.  LOL
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Technomancer Posted at 10-14 17:42
Have the same problem, I've flown my dji avata about 20 times in the last year without any issues. I booted up the googles and it told me I needed to update my battery firmware, which I did. Now the drone won't start after pressing the Lock button twice. And yes, I'm not holding down the f***ing button. I have 5 batteries and I've also tried starting the drone without doing the battery firmware update. Still won't start, I know have a useless drone that won't fly. The firmware is updated on all devices. This is bu**sh*t.

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. May I know what error message are you getting? Thank you.
2023-10-15
Use props
DragonTalon
lvl.1

United States

With my DJI Avata I get the " aircraft low-power state" reminder, and I understand that it means the aircraft enters a low-power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption, and thanks for the information that does not assist whatsoever in solving the problem at all.  Additionally, the drone does not take off in or outside regardless of the number of times I attempt to do so.  Also, the firmware of the drone, goggles, and RC has been updated in the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 app.  Now that you know the entire story, I have several requests: 1 improve the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 app, and the DJI Assistant 2 app.  Ultimately, after a week trying everything I have not been able to do anything but run diagnostics on this drone.  First I had to calibrate the IMU, which was no picnic.  Then I got the RID error.  After fixing all that you would think I would be able to finally get the drone in the air.  Not yet!!!!  As you can see I need assistance quickly.  Thank you.
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DragonTalon Posted at 12-3 20:33
With my DJI Avata I get the " aircraft low-power state" reminder, and I understand that it means the aircraft enters a low-power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption, and thanks for the information that does not assist whatsoever in solving the problem at all.  Additionally, the drone does not take off in or outside regardless of the number of times I attempt to do so.  Also, the firmware of the drone, goggles, and RC has been updated in the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 app.  Now that you know the entire story, I have several requests: 1 improve the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 app, and the DJI Assistant 2 app.  Ultimately, after a week trying everything I have not been able to do anything but run diagnostics on this drone.  First I had to calibrate the IMU, which was no picnic.  Then I got the RID error.  After fixing all that you would think I would be able to finally get the drone in the air.  Not yet!!!!  As you can see I need assistance quickly.  Thank you.

Hi there. This is not the experience we want you to have. Please confirm or send us a screenshot of what specific error message you received on the Goggles so we can check it further. Also, does the drone react when you start the motors? Please make sure that you are connected to all the components. If you still experience the issue, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can further investigate the issue. You may refer to the link below on how to set up your DJI Avata. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-12-5
Use props
fansd502b716
lvl.2
United States

I am having the same drone low power state issue. Brand new Avata with Goggles 2 and MC 2. Did all updates to firmware but drone motors never start. Started a video but still sty’s in low power state and no matter what I do the motors will not start. Brand new expensive paper weight. I have seven other DJI drones and this one is garbage. It was a nightmare just to get the firmware updated. Took hours and numerous retry errors. Now got to the point of “Go Fly” and this instant on low power thing will never let it start the motors. Wish I had never bought this junk. How do I get it to fly?
2023-12-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules