Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Avata wont start aircraft in low-power state
238 17 11-18 07:53
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801864 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I bought a new DJI Avata but it sometimes refuses to take off.
Everything is updated to the latest firmware but I can't get it up.
Constantly getting the message "aircraft in low-power state" and it doesn't respond to pressing to take off.
Even when I start recording it does record but the motors won't start. Who can help me?
11-18 07:53
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1654580 ft
United States

What controller are you using?
11-18 08:02
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 08:02
What controller are you using?

The motion controller
11-18 08:07
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

can you get the props spinning by double pressing the red button?
11-18 08:13
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 08:13
can you get the props spinning by double pressing the red button?

No, that's exactly what my post is about. the avatar does not respond to the commands I execute such as pressing the red button twice.
Occasionally he does, but 9 times out of 10 he doesn't.
11-18 08:19
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 703002 ft
Portugal

Just a guess, you need to hold the motion controller leveled. That's what happens with DJI FPV, that shows a green square when motion controller is inside limits to take off. But I'm not sure of it.
11-18 08:31
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

sorry, you said in your original post that it doesn't respond to pressing to take off. just wanted to make sure you knew to get it to take off you have to arm the drone by double pressing the red button then when the props start press and hold to take off. if that's not working I would check the to make sure the controller and goggles are calibrated. either of those could stop the drone from arming.
11-18 08:33
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

EiraSYS Posted at 11-18 08:31
Just a guess, you need to hold the motion controller leveled. That's what happens with DJI FPV, that shows a green square when motion controller is inside limits to take off. But I'm not sure of it.

It seems that after the update the problems started. I see on this forum that several people have this problem. I hope for an answer from DJI or someone who managed to solve the problem.
11-18 08:36
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 08:33
sorry, you said in your original post that it doesn't respond to pressing to take off. just wanted to make sure you knew to get it to take off you have to arm the drone by double pressing the red button then when the props start press and hold to take off. if that's not working I would check the to make sure the controller and goggles are calibrated. either of those could stop the drone from arming.

It seems that after the update the problems started. I see on this forum that several people have this problem. I hope for an answer from DJI or someone who managed to solve the problem.
11-18 08:36
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

KayJay Posted at 11-18 08:36
It seems that after the update the problems started. I see on this forum that several people have this problem. I hope for an answer from DJI or someone who managed to solve the problem.

I had it happen to me once and it was because the motion controller need calibration. you can get to it though the settings menu in the goggles.
11-18 08:40
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 08:40
I had it happen to me once and it was because the motion controller need calibration. you can get to it though the settings menu in the goggles.

I recalibrated the controller but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.
11-18 10:30
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

KayJay Posted at 11-18 10:30
I recalibrated the controller but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.

darn, if you go to the status area of the goggles menu are you getting any other errors?
11-18 11:33
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 11:33
darn, if you go to the status area of the goggles menu are you getting any other errors?

No, only aircraft in low-power state
11-18 11:36
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

KayJay Posted at 11-18 11:36
No, only aircraft in low-power state

That's all I had to do to get mine going. sorry I couldn't be more help
11-18 11:57
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh Cheater Posted at 11-18 11:57
That's all I had to do to get mine going. sorry I couldn't be more help

Thanks for your feedback. I hope that DJI comes with a solution!
11-18 12:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, Freson. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Please note that the " aircraft low-power state" reminder has been added in the last firmware (v01.01.0000) and only means that the aircraft enters a low-power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption and should be able to take off outdoors. But since you mentioned that it cannot launch, we highly suggest that you refresh the firmware of the drone, goggles, and RC. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) in refreshing the firmware. And if you have a spare remote controller (like the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2), please try to use it. Moreover, please make sure that the propellers are properly attached. You may refer to this link for more detailed instructions on how to change the accessories: {https://www.dji.com/avata/video}. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
11-18 22:03
Use props
KayJay
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 11-18 22:03
Hi there, Freson. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Please note that the " aircraft low-power state" reminder has been added in the last firmware (v01.01.0000) and only means that the aircraft enters a low-power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption and should be able to take off outdoors. But since you mentioned that it cannot launch, we highly suggest that you refresh the firmware of the drone, goggles, and RC. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) in refreshing the firmware. And if you have a spare remote controller (like the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2), please try to use it. Moreover, please make sure that the propellers are properly attached. You may refer to this link for more detailed instructions on how to change the accessories: {https://www.dji.com/avata/video}. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.

Dear Tony,
Maybe I haven't been so clear but the problem mainly occurs indoors. I just got the drone and with the weather conditions here (rain and a lot of wind) I haven't tested it outside yet. I also want to use the drone mainly for indoor projects. Am I doing something wrong because you indicate that outside should not be a problem? I like to hear from you.

I have solved the problem. After refreshing the updates he works good!!!

Thanks!!!

11-19 00:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KayJay Posted at 11-19 00:55
Dear Tony,
Maybe I haven't been so clear but the problem mainly occurs indoors. I just got the drone and with the weather conditions here (rain and a lot of wind) I haven't tested it outside yet. I also want to use the drone mainly for indoor projects. Am I doing something wrong because you indicate that outside should not be a problem? I like to hear from you.

Hi, KayJay. Thank you for the prompt update. We are very pleased to read the good news. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
11-19 23:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules