423 5 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VegasDon159
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344931 ft
  • >>>
United States

When flying in sport mode I know that all the obstacle avoidance systems are disabled, but am wondering in the auto RTH is also disabled? I was flying my Mavic 2 Zoom the other day in sport mode and the aircraft disconnected from the remote and went down on a mountain side. The Find my drone wouldnt function because it was in sport mode. DJI support said they couldnt locate it either because of this. I have a Mini 3 Pro also, and have the same question about it.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your inquiry. During RTH, obstacles on either side of the aircraft cannot be detected or avoided. You may find more information in User Manual(P.17): https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.4_en.pdf
2022-11-18
Use props
VegasDon159
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344931 ft
  • >>>
United States

I understand that, my question was will flying in sport mode turn off return to home if the aircraft disconnects from the controller? This happened to me on Tuesday when i was flying my Mavic 2 Zoom. I was flying in Sport mode, my drone disconnected from the controller, and instead of returning to home it went down in an unreachable area. The drone always returned to home in normal mode, but didn't in sport mode.
2022-11-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Mode doesn't matter for RTH. Changing modes on some older models will halt it, though.
2022-11-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

am wondering in the auto RTH is also disabled?
The answer is simple .. No, auto RTH is not disabled by flying in Sport Mode.
Losing signal doesn't cause a drone to fall from the sky.
If you lose signal the drone will initiate your Failsafe Action within a few seconds.

I was flying my Mavic 2 Zoom the other day in sport mode and the aircraft disconnected from the remote and went down on a mountain side.
What most likely happened was that the drone had a sudden power loss, that caused it to fall.
The disconnected message is what you see when thje drone has no power.

The Find my drone wouldnt function because it was in sport mode. DJI support said they couldnt locate it either because of this. I have a Mini 3 Pro also, and have the same question about it.
Some DJI Support people aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
The recorded flight data will likely give some clues to where the drone ended up and maybe have clues to explain why.
Post your data and someone will look into it for you.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file

2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

VegasDon159 Posted at 11-18 18:11
I understand that, my question was will flying in sport mode turn off return to home if the aircraft disconnects from the controller? This happened to me on Tuesday when i was flying my Mavic 2 Zoom. I was flying in Sport mode, my drone disconnected from the controller, and instead of returning to home it went down in an unreachable area. The drone always returned to home in normal mode, but didn't in sport mode.

Sorry for the late response. Kindly know that we will not receive the notification of your reply only when you reply to our comment directly.
For your question, RTH logic will not be affected by the aircraft mode.
May we know the response from our support is given in Chat or email? Would you please tell us the ticket number? Thanks.
2022-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules