Mavic 2 Pro flew backwards and lost connection in flight plan
714 2 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
claudioasn
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello, I have been using my Mavic 2 Pro for years for aerial photogrammetry. I've always taken good care of it, I've never had any technical problems, not even a lost or swollen battery.

Today, I was flying a flight plan in DroneDeploy and, during execution, the drone strangely turned 180 degrees and started flying backwards, but still following the last flight line... that's when, despite being relatively close ( 400 meters), getting close to the end of the line, he simply lost connection. I thought that when I reached the RTH battery percentage it would come back... but it didn't.

I tried accessing the flight log, but that particular flight did not generate. I had already changed some batteries and the logs show normal operation on previous flights.

I could no longer contact the drone, and it may have landed in an area that is difficult to access. I would like to know if anyone has experienced this situation, of losing connection and the drone not returning.

Could it be a battery problem that caused the drone to shut down? The battery was not swollen. Could it be an internal problem or a problem with some drone system that caused it to shut down?

2022-11-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Could it be a battery problem that caused the drone to shut down?
Battery problems don't make a drone fly backwards.

Could it be an internal problem or a problem with some drone system that caused it to shut down?

So far people can only guess, and most guesses are going to be wrong.
The best bet is to get the recorded flight data to see what it shows.
Airdata can read the flight data from DroneDeploy.
https://app.airdata.com/wiki/Help/DroneDeploy

Try that and post a link to the DroneDeploy report, but make sure you tick the share box so the data is visible.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, claudioasn. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we're deeply sorry to read about the accident. You may consider contacting our Customer Support to have it recorded and help you submit a Flyaway report. Our related team may perform a paid Data Analysis to help you analyze the cause of the accident. You may reach them through this link: {https://www.dji.com/br/support}. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules