RTH cancelation?
2801 5 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fluentd
lvl.1

United States

Is it possible to cancel the RTH when the battery is low? I didn't notice it doing its RTH countdown for some reason. The drone stopped mid-flight, turned towards H and flew straight into the side of a house, and crashed.  I tried pushing start stop on the remote but that didn't do anything.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, fluentd. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the accident. RTH can be canceled by the remote controller devices. If RTH is canceled following a low battery level warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the aircraft to land safely, which may lead to the aircraft being crashed or lost. The aircraft will land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough to descend from its current altitude. Auto landing cannot be canceled, but the remote controller can be used to alter the direction of the aircraft during the landing process. Pressing the accelerator when using the motion controller during landing can make the aircraft stop descending and fly at the current altitude to adjust the horizontal position. The aircraft will continue to descend after releasing the accelerator is released. To cancel RTH when using the Motion Controller, you need to press the Brake Button. When the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 is used, press the Flight Pause/RTH Button. On the other note, considering that the aircraft crashed, we recommend that you send it in for further assessment. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-18
Use props
Jimmy T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130712 ft
United States

Mine did exact same thing on low battery.  I panicked and it kept crashing into a tree multiple times and dropped and broke.  Luckily it still flies.
3-15 14:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jimmy T Posted at 3-15 14:40
Mine did exact same thing on low battery.  I panicked and it kept crashing into a tree multiple times and dropped and broke.  Luckily it still flies.

Hello there, Jimmy. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. Kindly please refer to the information posted by DJI Tony above about the RTH. If you experience any issues on your unit after the incident, you may send the drone in for proper diagnostics, you may create a repair ticket using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . We appreciate your understanding and support.
3-16 02:55
Use props
Jimmy T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130712 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 02:55
Hello there, Jimmy. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. Kindly please refer to the information posted by DJI Tony above about the RTH. If you experience any issues on your unit after the incident, you may send the drone in for proper diagnostics, you may create a repair ticket using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . We appreciate your understanding and support.

Thanks!  It's 2 1/2 yrs old and i'm sure no warranty.  Too costly, but I bought the mini 3 Pro and it's coming in a few days.
3-16 18:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jimmy T Posted at 3-16 18:08
Thanks!  It's 2 1/2 yrs old and i'm sure no warranty.  Too costly, but I bought the mini 3 Pro and it's coming in a few days.

Thank you for keeping us posted, Jimmy. Hoping that you'll receive your new DJI Mini 3 Pro soon. If you need assistance or if you have questions when conducting setup on your new unit, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
3-17 00:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules