Activation Failed/Firmware error : DJI FPVGoggles v2
12Next >
5050 48 2022-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeJoeJoe
lvl.1

France

This is a repost as i guess i made this thread in the wrong forum (Firmware & Software).

Hello,

I just received my DJI FPV Goggles v2 this week with a Caddx Air Unit.
Had no problem to bind the Goggles to the Air Unit.
But i can't activate it through the DJI Assistant v2 (any version, tried them all including FPV) downloaded on DJI website.

The assistant recognize the Goggles v2 as i plug it and ask for activation. I then click next and next... and get this message: "Activation Failed" "Firmware error"
As i bind successfully to my Air Unit i can have a video feedback in the goggles but no way to access any other function nor the menu inside the goggles.

I already tried with all DJI Assistant V2 Version (FPV, Drone Consumer and others...), restarting my computer after every installation.
Tried within different configurations (Disabling Firewall and anti-malwares during the whole process and before installation, running as admin, Tried to activate with and without Air Unit connexion, Starting the Software first and then the goggles, checking different parameters in DA2 settings, etc...)

Looking through the forums i can see some people had that problem in 2021 and solved it thanks to DJI_Aftersales IDs that could allow them to pass that activation process and let them downgrade/upgrade to another firmware. Those IDs no longer work now.

My last idea is to ask a Goggle FPV v2 owner his IDs so i can try this trick. but i don't know any

PS : I had no problem activating the Air Unit.

Help

Sans titre.jpg
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please tell us your purchase channel and time?
2022-11-19
Use props
JoeJoeJoe
lvl.1

France

Hello, Thank you for replying
I'm not sure of what you're asking

The Goggles are apparently in public channel and i purchased it the 13/11/2022
I'm in France.
Some bug just allowed me to ignore the activation tab in DA2 and i can see i'm on current firmware v01.00.0606 .
It is the only option as no other firmware version show up.
Tried to "refresh" it but that didn't work, i get through the same activation process as i restart DA2.

Message update: Today I tried :
with DJI Fly but i don't have the FPV drone nor the OTG cable to connect correctly to my phone.
with another DJI account which had already DJI FPV Goggles v2 activated in the past
with a virgin SD card in

Sans titre.jpg
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JoeJoeJoe Posted at 11-19 01:29
Hello, Thank you for replying
I'm not sure of what you're asking

Thanks for the detailed information. May I ask if the Goggles V2 has been switched to DJI Digital FPV system mode? Please try to switch to DJI FPV mode and try to upgrade and activate it again.
2022-11-20
Use props
JoeJoeJoe
lvl.1

France

As i don't have any access to the Goggles V2 menu, i can't switch to any different mode.
5D button and any other button will not respond

2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoeJoeJoe Posted at 11-20 00:59
As i don't have any access to the Goggles V2 menu, i can't switch to any different mode.
5D button and any other button will not respond

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Our engineers have located the problem, and will update DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) on Nov 22, 2022. By then, connect your goggles to a computer, and update the firmware to complete the activation. Once again, we would like to express our sincere apologies for your negative experience. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-11-20
Use props
JoeJoeJoe
lvl.1

France

Ok, i will let you know how it goes by then.
Thank you !
2022-11-20
Use props
Clair De Lune
New

France

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 02:48
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Our engineers have located the problem, and will update DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) on Nov 22, 2022. By then, connect your goggles to a computer, and update the firmware to complete the activation. Once again, we would like to express our sincere apologies for your negative experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, i have the exact same problem of JoeJoeJoe, hope your update will work.

Thanks
2022-11-21
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372192 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 02:48
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Our engineers have located the problem, and will update DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) on Nov 22, 2022. By then, connect your goggles to a computer, and update the firmware to complete the activation. Once again, we would like to express our sincere apologies for your negative experience. Thank you for your understanding.

We are also having this issue 2x sets of brand new goggles.

PC, Mac (same failed message as original post) and DJi Fly app (wont connect)

Shouldn't it be "dji assistant FPV series" be updated?

Please help us!
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoeJoeJoe Posted at 11-20 04:34
Ok, i will let you know how it goes by then.
Thank you !

Thanks for your understanding. If the issue still exists, please let us know.
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Clair De Lune Posted at 11-21 10:32
Hi, i have the exact same problem of JoeJoeJoe, hope your update will work.

Thanks

We are sorry for the inconvenience. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com. If the issue still exists then, please feel free to contact us.
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

aero1199 Posted at 11-21 17:36
We are also having this issue 2x sets of brand new goggles.

PC, Mac (same failed message as original post) and DJi Fly app (wont connect)

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will update DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series), you can try to activate the drone on that version to see if it works.
2022-11-21
Use props
djiuser_5N04CfeiV1Fk
lvl.1

France

Hi everyone, getting the same error (activation failed, firmware error) while trying to activate the googles V2 with either DJI assistant consumer series or DJI assistant FPV series.
Hope we will have the dji assistant update today but I don’t really hope on a move from DJI, I’ve talked with peoples who have that same issue since 4 month and no changes. That’s not correct from you DJI
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_5N04CfeiV1Fk Posted at 11-22 00:54
Hi everyone, getting the same error (activation failed, firmware error) while trying to activate the googles V2 with either DJI assistant consumer series or DJI assistant FPV series.
Hope we will have the dji assistant update today but I don’t really hope on a move from DJI, I’ve talked with peoples who have that same issue since 4 month and no changes. That’s not correct from you DJI

Hi there, we are sorry for this issue. Hope you can patiently wait for the update of DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) on Nov 22, 2022. If the issue still cannot be solved, please let us know.
2022-11-22
Use props
Clair De Lune
New

France

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 03:51
Hi there, we are sorry for this issue. Hope you can patiently wait for the update of DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) on Nov 22, 2022. If the issue still cannot be solved, please let us know.

I installed the new assistant 2 (consumer series) V2.1.14 and still won't activate.
2022-11-22
Use props
Clair De Lune
New

France

Ok it worked, after i installed the latest version of Assistant 2 (Consumer series) i clicked on "Activate later" under the activation icon, i updated the goggles to the latest firmware from today and then i activated the goggles V2.
Thank you very much for the update that finaly work!

2022-11-22
Use props
JoeJoeJoe
lvl.1

France

Hello,
It worked fine for me too.
As Clair De Lune said,
had to press "activate later" and then update (to the last and only firmware available v01.00.0607) before going back to the activation tab.
Tried first to refresh my v01.00.0606 but that didn't work

Thank you for your reactivty!
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Clair De Lune Posted at 11-22 06:43
Ok it worked, after i installed the latest version of Assistant 2 (Consumer series) i clicked on "Activate later" under the activation icon, i updated the goggles to the latest firmware from today and then i activated the goggles V2.
Thank you very much for the update that finaly work!

Thanks for the update. We are glad to know it works. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoeJoeJoe Posted at 11-22 11:26
Hello,
It worked fine for me too.
As Clair De Lune said,

Hi Joe, thanks for the update. Yes, please upgrade it to the latest firmware version and then activate it. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support of DJI.
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_Pvf21p95V2Ue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3612 ft

Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 19:54
Hi Joe, thanks for the update. Yes, please upgrade it to the latest firmware version and then activate it. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support of DJI.

Hi Mindy,
Is it possible for the new firmware (V01.00.0607) to fully support canvas mode on vista? as i already have unrooted goggles and vista unit
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Pvf21p95V2Ue Posted at 11-24 01:23
Hi Mindy,
Is it possible for the new firmware (V01.00.0607) to fully support canvas mode on vista? as i already have unrooted goggles and vista unit

Hi, there.
We are sorry that it doesn't support canvas mode on vista.
Thank you for your understanding.
2022-11-25
Use props
Guznoer
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-25 02:56
Hi, there.
We are sorry it can not support canvas mode on vista.
Thank you for your understanding.
too bad , cause i just bought Goggles v2 a few days ago on a discounted price, thinking could use it with my fpv drone with vista in it, but due to activation problem in DA2 I had to update the fw to the newest version
2022-11-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Guznoer Posted at 11-25 04:37
too bad , cause i just bought Goggles v2 a few days ago on a discounted price, thinking could use it with my fpv drone with vista in it, but due to activation problem in DA2 I had to update the fw to the newest version

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will also forward your feedback to the relevant team for evaluation.
And may we know if your activation problem is resolved now?
If there is anything that we can help with, please just let us know.
Thank you.
2022-11-29
Use props
Guznoer
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-29 00:03
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will also forward your feedback to the relevant team for evaluation.
And may we know if your activation problem is resolved now?

is it possible to downgrade the firmware ? as i just upgrade the fw for activation purpose
2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Guznoer Posted at 11-30 04:39
is it possible to downgrade the firmware ? as i just upgrade the fw for activation purpose

Hello, there. May we know which firmware version did you update your devices to?
2022-12-1
Use props
Guznoer
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-1 04:09
Hello, there. May we know which firmware version did you update your devices to?

01.00.06.07 , seems like everybody says we can’t downgrade it… but just want to make sure, is there any possible way to downgrade it, let say, to 01.00.06.06 ?
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Guznoer Posted at 12-1 19:03
01.00.06.07 , seems like everybody says we can’t downgrade it… but just want to make sure, is there any possible way to downgrade it, let say, to 01.00.06.06 ?

Sorry for the late response. Would you please screenshot the firmware version for us?
2022-12-4
Use props
fans97e3f8c6
lvl.1

Canada

Ok DJI...  If you can't sell things that work stop selling them!  Just got a brand new pair of goggles v2 and they fail to activate!  Where is this update you were supposed to release last month?  This is a ridiculous situation!  Nobody should pay over $600 for something and not be able to use it!  "ACTIVATION FAILED" "FIRMWARE ERROR"!!!! I bought these cause your piece of garbage goggles 2 won't adjust so I can see the entire screen!  I've got about $5000 dollars worth of your hardware, and I am about to return the LOT of it!  I am SO unimpressed!  I want a fix IMMEDIATELY!
2022-12-9
Use props
Guznoer
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-4 00:03
Sorry for the late response. Would you please screenshot the firmware version for us?

Sorry for the late answer as well... below is my v2 fw version. No option to downgrade the fw
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_7QaaEjMThNDH
New

Germany

If you upgrade your goggle V2 fw to v01.00.0607 you will be able to activate. But then you will not be able to roll back to any earlier fw. So keep that in mind before you update.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans97e3f8c6 Posted at 12-9 18:14
Ok DJI...  If you can't sell things that work stop selling them!  Just got a brand new pair of goggles v2 and they fail to activate!  Where is this update you were supposed to release last month?  This is a ridiculous situation!  Nobody should pay over $600 for something and not be able to use it!  "ACTIVATION FAILED" "FIRMWARE ERROR"!!!! I bought these cause your piece of garbage goggles 2 won't adjust so I can see the entire screen!  I've got about $5000 dollars worth of your hardware, and I am about to return the LOT of it!  I am SO unimpressed!  I want a fix IMMEDIATELY!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Our engineers have already located the problem and have updated DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) on Nov 22, 2022. https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series Please connect your goggles to a computer, and update the firmware to complete the activation. Once again, we would like to express our sincere apologies for your negative experience. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Guznoer Posted at 12-10 06:06
Sorry for the late answer as well... below is my v2 fw version. No option to downgrade the fw
[view_image]

Thanks for your reply. I will consult with our engineers and reply to you as soon as possible.
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Guznoer Posted at 12-10 06:06
[view_image]

Hi, we confirmed that this is the latest version and the last version to downgrade to.
2022-12-12
Use props
Guznoer
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-12 04:05
Hi, we confirmed that this is the latest version and the last version to downgrade to.

Yes thanks anyway, i don't know what DJI reason for doing such (blocking the fw downgrade with 607), thou I've manage to downgrade it through other way....

I think DJI should listen more to their customers, after all u get the money from us customers don't u?

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, just my 2 cents...
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Guznoer Posted at 12-13 18:15
Yes thanks anyway, i don't know what DJI reason for doing such (blocking the fw downgrade with 607), thou I've manage to downgrade it through other way....

I think DJI should listen more to their customers, after all u get the money from us customers don't u?

We will forward it to our designated teams. We still recommend user stick to the latest version. The previous firmware versions will be removed from the server depending on the actual situation. Once the firmware is removed, it cannot be downgraded to this version. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_d72COjE9lHrU
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-11 22:25
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Our engineers have already located the problem and have updated DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) on Nov 22, 2022. https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series Please connect your goggles to a computer, and update the firmware to complete the activation. Once again, we would like to express our sincere apologies for your negative experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello!

I uploaded this version, but it didn't help, there is still ativation failed problem. Is there any options to fix that?
2022-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_d72COjE9lHrU Posted at 12-16 11:46
Hello!

I uploaded this version, but it didn't help, there is still ativation failed problem. Is there any options to fix that?

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. May I ask if you've updated the firmware to the latest version? Please tell us the current firmware version.
2022-12-17
Use props
speedstud
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I join the other here in expressing my frustration with this issue. Get it together.  I jumped through the same hoops as everyone else. Even using the "activate later" button in the consumer assistant. But when I went to the firmware update page I was greeted with no update available at all. Used to love this brand but this is a big loss. What do I do?  I have even tried unistalling app over and over again and on different Pc's. It's not a me problem, but a you problem.
2022-12-25
Use props
Onisnake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Senegal

hi i have the same problem, impossible to activate even after skipping to install the latest firmware and then try to activate. Still unable to activate.

2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Onisnake Posted at 2022-12-28 06:28
hi i have the same problem, impossible to activate even after skipping to install the latest firmware and then try to activate. Still unable to activate.

[view_image]

Hi there, could you please download and install the latest DJI Assistant 2 version and then upgrade the firmware to see if it can be activated? Here is the download link. https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
2023-1-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules