507 31 2022-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had a few hours to head out to the coast this past week, when it wasn't being 45-50mph winds. Sadly, not a cloud in the sky, but the light was okay. I really wish we could use D-LOG in lower ISO's, and use focus tracking in ProRes. This was shot H264, HLG, though I've saved it as an SDR because I got tired of fighting with it not displaying properly on Youtube. I could have used a bit more flexibility, as there's a few blown-out highlights, but I finally got to use Cruise Control! Works pretty well!

2022-11-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great views. Love those slow-rolling waves.  Nice job.
2022-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2022-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful views.    You got to love the Oregon coastline as it is amazing.
2022-11-20
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Teddy, great location, nice waves, nice work in post. Just wanted to mention if you have an HDR monitor, you could try recording in H.265 HLG and upload it to Youtube as is. But you need to give it time to process (couple of days). Your initial upload would be in rec.709 and only after couple of days you will see "HDR" icon in the bottom right corner. I never had issues with color displacement in HLG H.265 you Youtube. But anyways great video, loving it!  Thanks, Mike.
2022-11-20
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-20 00:14
Great views. Love those slow-rolling waves.  Nice job.

Thank you so much!
2022-11-20
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 01:13
Beautiful footage.

Thank you! The coast here is amazingly accessible for these kinds of shots.
2022-11-20
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-20 06:18
Beautiful views.    You got to love the Oregon coastline as it is amazing.

Right?? I used to live in Washington, but there's basically no sea stacks or hardly any rocks at all. I know California has a lot, but getting to the coast here from the Portland area is as simple as a 1-1.5 hour drive; I'm so spoiled!
2022-11-20
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 11-20 07:04
Hi Teddy, great location, nice waves, nice work in post. Just wanted to mention if you have an HDR monitor, you could try recording in H.265 HLG and upload it to Youtube as is. But you need to give it time to process (couple of days). Your initial upload would be in rec.709 and only after couple of days you will see "HDR" icon in the bottom right corner. I never had issues with color displacement in HLG H.265 you Youtube. But anyways great video, loving it!  Thanks, Mike.

Ahhhh so that's the key! I had recently purchased a new Mac, and thought it might have been Safari. Thanks for the tips, (and kind comments!) this helps a lot.
2022-11-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2022-11-20
Use props
ALichty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3977520 ft
United States

Looks like the Ecola Park/Cannon Beach area. Nice footage. Is Ecola Park open again?

I have shot most of the coastline from Cape Foulweather and south to the CA border (excluding Coos Bay to Bandon) but nothing this far north yet.
2022-11-20
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ALichty Posted at 11-20 14:38
Looks like the Ecola Park/Cannon Beach area. Nice footage. Is Ecola Park open again?

I have shot most of the coastline from Cape Foulweather and south to the CA border (excluding Coos Bay to Bandon) but nothing this far north yet.

Bang on! Ecola Park, though I won't go any closer to Cannon beach as I don't want to disturb the birds. Ecola's been open for quite a while actually! One of the trails down to the beach was destroyed by a slow-moving landslide (that's still on-going), but everything else is pretty open. We have been eager to explore further South; we just keep forgetting how 'tall' this state is!
2022-11-20
Use props
ALichty
lvl.4
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 11-20 14:40
Bang on! Ecola Park, though I won't go any closer to Cannon beach as I don't want to disturb the birds.  Ecola's been open for quite a while actually! One of the trails down to the beach was destroyed by a slow-moving landslide (that's still on-going), but everything else is pretty open.  We have been eager to explore further South; we just keep forgetting how 'tall' this state is!

Cannon Beach is not isolated for the "Don't disturb the birds" along the coast. There is a wildlife refuge status conferred onto 1823 islands off the Oregon coastline. Basically that means stay clear of any offshore islands but you are otherwise free to fly. One other exception - from the south jetty at Coos Bay down to just past Bandon is a no fly zone.
2022-11-20
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ALichty Posted at 11-20 14:48
Cannon Beach is not isolated for the "Don't disturb the birds" along the coast. There is a wildlife refuge status conferred onto 1823 islands off the Oregon coastline. Basically that means stay clear of any offshore islands but you are otherwise free to fly. One other exception - from the south jetty at Coos Bay down to just past Bandon is a no fly zone.

Oh wow, thank you so much! I've only lived here for about 3-4 years, and haven't gotten to fly much as of yet, so this is fantastic information. I try to be as overly-careful and polite as possible when I fly.
2022-11-20
Use props
ALichty
lvl.4
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 11-20 15:20
Oh wow, thank you so much! I've only lived here for about 3-4 years, and haven't gotten to fly much as of yet, so this is fantastic information. I try to be as overly-careful and polite as possible when I fly.

Check out the Otter Crest loop road near Cape Foulweather next time you get out to the coast. That's a pretty interesting stretch of the coastline to fly and shoot that's not too far from where you shot the video above.
2022-11-20
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ALichty Posted at 11-20 15:37
Check out the Otter Crest loop road near Cape Foulweather next time you get out to the coast. That's a pretty interesting stretch of the coastline to fly and shoot that's not too far from where you shot the video above.

I *think* we might have driven past that the last time we were out, but all the names kind of blend together after a while. Thanks so much for the recommendation!
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, TeddyBozeman. Thank you for sharing this amazing footage, and compliments on your awesome work. What breathtaking scenery it is! Regarding using D-Log in lower ISO and FocusTrack in ProRes, we hear you. As we know, currently, the ISO value in D-Log can only be set from 400-1600 and FocusTrack will be disabled when using Apple ProRes 422 HQ/422/422LT. We will take your valuable suggestions and forward them to our developers for consideration. For any updates, please tune in to the official DJI website (dji.com). Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely video!
2022-11-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 11-20 11:26
Right?? I used to live in Washington, but there's basically no sea stacks or hardly any rocks at all. I know California has a lot, but getting to the coast here from the Portland area is as simple as a 1-1.5 hour drive; I'm so spoiled!

Easy to get spoiled with a coast line that nice and even fairly close.  

I live on a mini-yacht and have quick access to the Atlantic Ocean and the beaches here in Florida are nice but the adjacent landscape is lacking compared to the Oregon Coast.
2022-11-21
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 11-20 11:29
Ahhhh so that's the key! I had recently purchased a new Mac, and thought it might have been Safari.  Thanks for the tips, (and kind comments!) this helps a lot.

You are welcome Teddy

Best, Mike.
2022-11-21
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Montfrooij!
2022-11-21
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-21 04:01
Easy to get spoiled with a coast line that nice and even fairly close.  

I live on a mini-yacht and have quick access to the Atlantic Ocean and the beaches here in Florida are nice but the adjacent landscape is lacking compared to the Oregon Coast.

Oh *wow* that's incredible! I can't even imagine that kind of life, it must be quite the adventure! Unfortunate about the lack of landscapes on that coast; I guess getting up near the more 'mountainous' North is quite difficult?
2022-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2022-11-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 11-21 14:54
Oh *wow* that's incredible! I can't even imagine that kind of life, it must be quite the adventure!  Unfortunate about the lack of landscapes on that coast; I guess getting up near the more 'mountainous' North is quite difficult?

Living on a boat was a life long dream.  I set financial goals for myself and stuck to them.  I've proven that compound interest and time are your friend.  Also made some really good investments.  So I'm able to enjoy retired life quite comfortably.  Hopefully, you will be able to do the same one day.  My grandson is in the Navy and he has orders to Bremerton, WA.  Maybe I'll have to make a trip up to visit him and get in some diving there.
2022-11-22
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-22 03:23
Living on a boat was a life long dream.  I set financial goals for myself and stuck to them.  I've proven that compound interest and time are your friend.  Also made some really good investments.  So I'm able to enjoy retired life quite comfortably.  Hopefully, you will be able to do the same one day.  My grandson is in the Navy and he has orders to Bremerton, WA.  Maybe I'll have to make a trip up to visit him and get in some diving there.

You should definitely try to make it up! Washington has some great coastlines, and you can sail to the San Juans.
2022-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 11-22 14:58
You should definitely try to make it up! Washington has some great coastlines, and you can sail to the San Juans.

Thanks, that is my plan now.  However, I think I'll wait until Spring to make the trip.  
2022-11-23
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-23 04:33
Thanks, that is my plan now.  However, I think I'll wait until Spring to make the trip.
Definitely a wise decision considering the waves I've seen in the winter here!
2022-11-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 11-23 11:45
Definitely a wise decision considering the waves I've seen in the winter here!

No doubt about delaying until after winter.  

Hope you are having a Happy Thanksgiving.  
2022-11-24
Use props
Grimtheviking
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice footage, thanks for sharing and happy Thanksgiving.
2022-11-24
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-24 05:22
No doubt about delaying until after winter.  

Hope you are having a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks! To you as well!
2022-11-24
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 11-24 10:29
Nice footage, thanks for sharing and happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks Grim! To you as well.
2022-11-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 11-24 10:33
Thanks! To you as well!

You're very welcome.    Many thanks for the well wishes.  
2022-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules