469 8 2022-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdamBUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello,

I'm pretty annoyed as I write this...

I bought a brand new mini 2 from the DJI store last week and it turned up with a bricked battery (4 flashing lights when put in the charger, no battery level readout when put in the drone, won't power up etc). I read some advice on here to send a video of this to the support DJI email address which I did - the guidance was as long as they could see it was bricked they'd ship out a new one to you. Rather than that happening they have now come back to me with inane suggestions like 'charge it in an official DJI charger' - so they clearly didn't watch my video as that's exactly what I used.... They've said if that doesn't work to post the battery to them (at my own expense) and wait for it to be repaired... This is completley unacceptable for a brand new product - why on earth would I do this when I can just send everything back for a refund?

I'm going on holiday on Thursday and bought this drone combo specifically for that purpose and am very dissapointed that it will be seemingly impossible to do that within the confines of the support system.

You've sold me a bricked battery, do right by your customers and send me a replacement - how hard is that?

My support ID is #4684464
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will review your case and confirm with our teams first.
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, We reviewed the whole conversation and come back. Sorry for your inconvenience. For the battery charging issue, generally, we will recommend you change a method to charge or change a charger to charge again. The brand-new battery is in hibernation mode and requires charging for a long time to activate it sometimes. We are sorry for the confusion caused. The solutions given by the support are instructions with detailed troubleshooting steps. If all the steps can not resolve your issue, we will create a case for you.  
Please do not worry that you can request the replacement when meeting the condition below:  
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated, and is still in new or like-new condition.
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect.
Moreover, we would not repair the damaged battery in terms of safety. We will replace the battery instead. We understand your feelings and will forward your request to our teams. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-11-20
Use props
AdamBUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-20 04:36
Hi, We reviewed the whole conversation and come back. Sorry for your inconvenience. For the battery charging issue, generally, we will recommend you change a method to charge or change a charger to charge again. The brand-new battery is in hibernation mode and requires charging for a long time to activate it sometimes. We are sorry for the confusion caused. The solutions given by the support are instructions with detailed troubleshooting steps. If all the steps can not resolve your issue, we will create a case for you.  
Please do not worry that you can request the replacement when meeting the condition below:  
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated, and is still in new or like-new condition.

Okay, now I'm really pi##ed off...

I bought 3 brand new batteries and all three have been in the charger for over 24 hours. One battery is still flashing 4 LEDs constantly WHICH IS YOUR OWN WARNING CODE THE BATTERY IS DEAD! It is NOT in hibernation, IT IS DEAD! The other 2 are working fine and the drone flies with them! There is no confusion, don't you dare gaslight me one more time. THIS BATTERY IS DEAD, I HAVE 2 OTHER BATTERIES TO COMPARE TO!!!

Either you tell me you are sending me a replacement battery TODAY or I'm going to throw everything in a box and send back to the retailer and get a refund leaving a terrible review.

Either you think your customers are idiots or you send me a replacement battery, they are the only options left for you.
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AdamBUK Posted at 11-20 13:46
Okay, now I'm really pi##ed off...

I bought 3 brand new batteries and all three have been in the charger for over 24 hours. One battery is still flashing 4 LEDs constantly WHICH IS YOUR OWN WARNING CODE THE BATTERY IS DEAD! It is NOT in hibernation, IT IS DEAD! The other 2 are working fine and the drone flies with them! There is no confusion, don't you dare gaslight me one more time. THIS BATTERY IS DEAD, I HAVE 2 OTHER BATTERIES TO COMPARE TO!!!

Hi, Adam. We understand and are so sorry for your inconvenience. We have forwarded your case to our teams.
2022-11-20
Use props
AdamBUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-20 18:43
Hi, Adam. We understand and are so sorry for your inconvenience. We have forwarded your case to our teams.

The support email says it may take up to 15 days to replace the battery and so I won't get it in time to go on holiday...

Therefore I'm just going to return everything for a refund. Very poor service.
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AdamBUK Posted at 11-21 02:31
The support email says it may take up to 15 days to replace the battery and so I won't get it in time to go on holiday...

Therefore I'm just going to return everything for a refund. Very poor service.

Hello, Adam. We checked the email. Do you mean this sentence:
In order to assist you further, we need to collect the following information first. After checking, we will create a replacement case for you. The replacement service will be processed if the product suffers from product fault and requests within 15 calendar days of delivery.
The 15 calendar days of delivery means the length started from your receiving the package to the first report date of the product issue.
Also, if your aircraft and the other two batteries are normal, you don't need to send them all in. You just need to send back the malfunctioned one. We will try our best to help you get the replacement battery as soon as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience again.
2022-11-21
Use props
AdamBUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-21 03:02
Hello, Adam. We checked the email. Do you mean this sentence:
In order to assist you further, we need to collect the following information first. After checking, we will create a replacement case for you. The replacement service will be processed if the product suffers from product fault and requests within 15 calendar days of delivery.
The 15 calendar days of delivery means the length started from your receiving the package to the first report data of the product issue.

I just spoke to your colleague on the phone. She confirmed it would be impossible to get me a new battery by Thursday. I have just submitted a return & refund to Amazon - so this case is now closed.
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AdamBUK Posted at 11-21 03:04
I just spoke to your colleague on the phone. She confirmed it would be impossible to get me a new battery by Thursday. I have just submitted a return & refund to Amazon - so this case is now closed.

Understand. If you have any questions later, please feel free to talk.
2022-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules