Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
active track not working on dji pro what am i doing wrong?
12Next >
12661 40 2022-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_r1b5udkoPFJ5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16699 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

Bought the dji mini pro yesterday,i updated all the sofware and thought i`d give the drone a test flight etc

Anyhoo i did the dronie the circle etc they all worked realay well  and then i thought i`d try active track,so i drew myself in the green box and waited for the active track option to pop up from the middle of the bottom screen on the rc and nothing happened,so i switeced the rc and drone off and tried again and nothing happened.

I rung dji and tried to find out if i was doing anything wrong ect ,but the lady i spoke to was pretty useless,i was asked to screen shot her my scrren on the rc when the drone was up in the air...i did this but explained that the follow me logo will not appear so she wont get much out of the ss.

So my problem now is do i back it or am i doing something wrong?

I have also paid for a care package so i`m not sure if they will give me the money back?

I have dji mini 2 and use litchi for actrive track and it works spot on ....but i wanted the sensor protection hence why i bought the pro 3 but i wish i`d have saved all me money.

So to sum it up have i missed somehing on the settings menu?

Thanks

2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you are using a remote controller that has a built-in screen or a mobile device with a DJI Fly app on it? If you are using a mobile device, kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile phone and check if the issue persists. Please make sure to enable the Subject Scanning under general settings > Control. You may refer to the tutorial link below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_r1b5udkoPFJ5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16699 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-20 18:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you are using a remote controller that has a built-in screen or a mobile device with a DJI Fly app on it? If you are using a mobile device, kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile phone and check if the issue persists. Please make sure to enable the Subject Scanning under general settings > Control. You may refer to the tutorial link below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1TBEAgcyds&t=1s

Hi thanks for the reply

I am using the built in controller with the dji app built in,everything works apart from the tracking mode,i know how you do it etc but when i put myself in the box the tracking mode option does not come up,i`ve switched the rc off and the drone many times only to find the same results.
regards Neil
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_r1b5udkoPFJ5 Posted at 11-21 01:21
Hi thanks for the reply

I am using the built in controller with the dji app built in,everything works apart from the tracking mode,i know how you do it etc but when i put myself in the box the tracking mode option does not come up,i`ve switched the rc off and the drone many times only to find the same results.

Could you please provide us a screen recording video showing the issue for us to further check? Please make sure that you are in video mode. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-21
Use props
djiuser_nTYW9Y72wHSW
New

United States

Having same issue here
2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_hR50YsDo0Myt
New

Australia

We have same issue here
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_BTjXRMp2vAcg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89993 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue.
2023-1-4
Use props
carlypoo
New

United States

Hi all! I just got a mini 3 pro and I have a question with regards to active track. How big should the object be for tracking? I tried it on my x-maxx and it doesn't seem to follow. I haven't tried it on myself yet but was disappointed that the drone just hover there on its place and did not move. My spark can do a better job at it, sadly its working very well now. One of the few reasons I bought the pro is because of the active track.
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_72aO4HCd338m
New
Pakistan

Same issue here, Anyone can help please? Like the drone is just freezed on its place and not moving during active track
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_72aO4HCd338m Posted at 4-7 13:24
Same issue here, Anyone can help please? Like the drone is just freezed on its place and not moving during active track

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask what DJI drone you're using? Also, have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app from the DJI website? If not yet, please do so. Please refresh or update the firmware as well. And when you trigger ActiveTrack, does it record? If the issue remains after the steps provided, kindly post a short video showing the issue for further checking. Thank you.
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_UTOjejqrxevJ
New

South Africa

Hi. You have to be in 4k30p Mode for it to work.
2023-4-22
Use props
djiuser_3hSEaqrsya0G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 609301 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_UTOjejqrxevJ Posted at 4-22 07:29

Also, you need to make sure that you press GO or it will just stay still & turn. hope this helps.
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_3hSEaqrsya0G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 609301 ft
Malaysia

make sure that you press the green GO tab after selecting trace or parallel
2023-5-5
Use props
sopko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36033 ft
United States

I have a mini 3pro also active tracking does not work. only if it circles around me or does some of those settings in quick shot.
I can’t get it to even draw a box around or have the pop-up come up on the bottom of the screen. When I go into settings, it doesn’t even give me the option of obstacle avoidance. I’m also using the screen remote, not my phone.
2023-8-5
Use props
deanbrown13
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-11-20 18:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you are using a remote controller that has a built-in screen or a mobile device with a DJI Fly app on it? If you are using a mobile device, kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile phone and check if the issue persists. Please make sure to enable the Subject Scanning under general settings > Control. You may refer to the tutorial link below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I’m having the exact same problems with my newly purchased Mini 3 pro, all software updates completed, no option at all for turning on active scanner in the settings as it does not show up.
2023-8-10
Use props
deanbrown13
lvl.1

Australia

I’m having the exact same problems with my newly purchased Mini 3 pro, all software updates completed, no option at all for turning on active scanner in the settings as it does not show up.
2023-8-10
Use props
deanbrown13
lvl.1

Australia

sopko Posted at 8-5 09:26
I have a mini 3pro also active tracking does not work. only if it circles around me or does some of those settings in quick shot.
I can’t get it to even draw a box around or have the pop-up come up on the bottom of the screen. When I go into settings, it doesn’t even give me the option of obstacle avoidance. I’m also using the screen remote, not my phone.

Same here very disappointing
2023-8-10
Use props
deanbrown13
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-11-21 01:54
Could you please provide us a screen recording video showing the issue for us to further check? Please make sure that you are in video mode. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Exactly the same problem here
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

sopko Posted at 8-5 09:26
I have a mini 3pro also active tracking does not work. only if it circles around me or does some of those settings in quick shot.
I can’t get it to even draw a box around or have the pop-up come up on the bottom of the screen. When I go into settings, it doesn’t even give me the option of obstacle avoidance. I’m also using the screen remote, not my phone.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the late response. Under what conditions will the DJI Mini 3 Pro ActiveTrack work? Please refer to the information below:

If a person is set as a tracking subject, the distance between the aircraft and the subject should be 4 to 20 m, and the altitude is 2 to 20 m. (Note: The recommended distance is 5 to 10 m and the recommended altitude is 2 to 10 m.)

If a vehicle/boat is set as a tracking subject, the distance between the aircraft and the subject should be 6 to 100 m, and the altitude is 6 to 100 m. (Note: The recommended distance is 20 to 50 m and the recommended altitude is 10 to 50 m.)

If the aircraft starts to follow the subject, but the distance between the aircraft and target is not in the range of abovementioned distance or altitude, the aircraft will automatically fly into the supporting range. If the aircraft flies in the range of recommended distance and altitude, you will have a better experience of tracking.

To ensure that the aircraft will scans and display subjects in the Camera view, enable the Subject Scanning under DJI Fly app> General Settings> Control> Subject scanning. Please note that the DJI Mini 3 does not have the ActiveTrack feature and only the DJI Mini 3 Pro has. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

deanbrown13 Posted at 8-10 06:47
I’m having the exact same problems with my newly purchased Mini 3 pro, all software updates completed, no option at all for turning on active scanner in the settings as it does not show up.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Please provide us a screen recording showing the issue when you try to perform the said feature. Please upload the video file via Google Drive and send the link here. Furthermore, please make sure that you are using the DJI Mini 3 Pro and not the DJI Mini 3, to check please visit this link https://service.dji.com/active/search . Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-12
Use props
sopko
lvl.1
United States

So mini 3 will not track me?it will only track me in quick shots?how about obstacle avoidance? they don’t work either front or back just bottom.
I had no idea this was not a mini 3pro .i didn’t No they made a mini 3. I would have never purchased this.
Very disappointed.where I purchased this drone never said anything about a mini 3 and a mini 3pro.never would spent
This amount of money for this . what is the difference in price?wow.
2023-8-19
Use props
sopko
lvl.1
United States

So mini 3 will not track me?it will only track me in quick shots?how about obstacle avoidance? they don’t work either front or back just bottom.
I had no idea this was not a mini 3pro .i didn’t No they made a mini 3. I would have never purchased this.
Very disappointed.where I purchased this drone never said anything about a mini 3 and a mini 3pro.never would spent
This amount of money for this . what is the difference in price?wow.
2023-8-19
Use props
djiuser_5VnamipLdduS
lvl.1
Germany

I have the mavic 3 cine. I demand DJI to enable ProRes for ActiveTrack! This is outrageous!!!
2023-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

sopko Posted at 8-19 11:20
So mini 3 will not track me?it will only track me in quick shots?how about obstacle avoidance? they don’t work either front or back just bottom.

Hello there. I understand the inconvenience. The Mini 3 was not introduced as having the Activetrack feature. However, it has Quickshots that can be useful for some occasions. The Mini 3 only has a downward vision system that you can also see from the DJI official website. Please check the DJI website for further information about the drones you are planning to buy or you can also use the following link to compare each DJI drone: https://www.dji.com/global/products/comparison-consumer-drones. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-23
Use props
xlerate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49462 ft
United States

djiuser_UTOjejqrxevJ Posted at 4-22 07:29
The Mini 3 Pro Active Track doesn't work in 1080p?
Or in 4k/1080p 25fps?
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_HOD8Tr69d9eX
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same problem with the mini 4 pro. When I select the subject it seems to be tracking but when I hit GO and start to move the drone stays stationary and immediately loses the subject and is locked on a spot on the ground.  
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HOD8Tr69d9eX Posted at 10-17 17:50
I have the same problem with the mini 4 pro. When I select the subject it seems to be tracking but when I hit GO and start to move the drone stays stationary and immediately loses the subject and is locked on a spot on the ground.

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. May I know what subject you were trying to track or does this issue occur even when trying to track basic subjects like a person or a car?
2023-10-18
Use props
djiuser_HOD8Tr69d9eX
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same result with the subjects being myself and a golf cart.  
2023-10-18
Use props
Auditker
New
Flight distance : 35988 ft

Hungary

Hello All,
I had the same problem with  DJI Mini 4 PRO with RC2 remotecontroler. Then I found out that most of our problem is  the following: DON'T need to enter into "Master shots" not even into "Qucke shots".
Just simply Take Off. Then frame the object you want to folow/ Active Track --> after this, you will all get the missing  popup panel with "Active Track/SpotLight/POI" buttons
1-2 03:28
Use props
djiuser_nZ5gjMbwAFg0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348307 ft
United States

Can we revert the update. The update sucks as far as active track. I bet I tried seven times to track me and the dog walking through the park and it wouldn’t travel 3 feet. Can we update or send out an update that will undo the last crap that updated it. Now it’s just a camera that doesn’t follow you. Which is why I wanted a drone to begin with. I wanted to catalog mine and the dogs walks and trips through the trails and the parks before I pass on. can we rig it up to get our money back. Really unhappy. I guess you got your money so you don’t give a hoot if it works or not but I will make it my life’s mission to advertise this screwup unless you come up with a fix quickly. I had One day in the last two weeks to go and film me and the dog. That didn’t work out I can’t hike a trail and control the drone at the same time which is why I bought this one because of active track supposed to be the best. Well, it’s not now. fire the guy that wrote the update
1-29 14:09
Use props
djiuser_nZ5gjMbwAFg0
lvl.1
United States

Auditker Posted at 1-2 03:28
Hello All,
I had the same problem with  DJI Mini 4 PRO with RC2 remotecontroler. Then I found out that most of our problem is  the following: DON'T need to enter into "Master shots" not even into "Qucke shots".
Just simply Take Off. Then frame the object you want to folow/ Active Track --> after this, you will all get the missing  popup panel with "Active Track/SpotLight/POI" buttons

That’s how I tried mine. By drawing the rectangle, it didn’t travel 3 feet.
1-29 15:25
Use props
djiuser_nZ5gjMbwAFg0
lvl.1
United States

Hello All,

That’s how I tried mine. By drawing the rectangle, it didn’t travel 3 feet.
1-29 15:25
Use props
djiuser_nZ5gjMbwAFg0
lvl.1
United States

Hello All,

I tried that 7 times with a reboot in the middle, no go. I was about 30 feet away and then moved it in to about 15 feet. No go.
1-30 02:26
Use props
djiuser_nZ5gjMbwAFg0
lvl.1
United States

Hello All,

I tried that 7 times with a reboot in the middle, no go. I was about 30 feet away and then moved it in to about 15 feet. No go.
1-30 02:26
Use props
djiuser_nZ5gjMbwAFg0
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-8-12 22:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the late response. Under what conditions will the DJI Mini 3 Pro ActiveTrack work? Please refer to the information below:

If a person is set as a tracking subject, the distance between the aircraft and the subject should be 4 to 20 m, and the altitude is 2 to 20 m. (Note: The recommended distance is 5 to 10 m and the recommended altitude is 2 to 10 m.)

I was less than 30 feet, rebooted RC2 and mini4, no go. Moved into about 15 feet, no go. Get rid of this update. It is now a $40 drone or a noisy desk fan. I drew the rectangle and chose Activetrack Aito and parallel, no go. Get rid of the update. I was actually contemplating getting the Mavic three, but not now. May have to look for a different company if y’all don’t fix this.
1-30 02:32
Use props
djiuser_nZ5gjMbwAFg0
lvl.1
United States

i hear DJI representatives wanting a recording....don't you believe the 50 or so people hitting this subject. something you have done in one of the updates has messed up ActiveTrack or as i call it ActiveHover. that is what it does is just sit there and hover. REVERT THE UPDATE. I WOULD RATHER IT FOLLOW ME LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO THAN READ THE SCREEN IN GREAT BIG LETTERS. WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND. Get rid of the update and let us enjoy this $1400 fan as it was supposed to be used, the best drone on the market. now it is a desk fan. I was studying to get my 107 and go with the Mavik 3 but not now. you have put everything on hold.
1-30 15:28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_nZ5gjMbwAFg0 Posted at 1-30 02:32
I was less than 30 feet, rebooted RC2 and mini4, no go. Moved into about 15 feet, no go. Get rid of this update. It is now a $40 drone or a noisy desk fan. I drew the rectangle and chose Activetrack Aito and parallel, no go. Get rid of the update. I was actually contemplating getting the Mavic three, but not now. May have to look for a different company if y’all don’t fix this.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have. Kindly please upload a screen recording showing the issue that you have mentioned above for us to perform further investigation. We understand your request, however for us to investigate the issue further, we need a video showing the issue. Lastly, before the test flight, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware then have a test flight to see if the issue persists. If yes, please upload the video here. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2-1 03:03
Use props
djiuser_ujmpG1aqaPSH
New

Australia

First time drone owner.
Mini 3 Pro, screen controller.
Active track functions, I cannot even get the ‘box’ drawn on the screen.
There is no ‘subject tracking’ in settings menu.
Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, or if the update people have mentioned has removed the function.
DJI rep comments about ‘Assistant 2’.. does it even exist? I can’t find it.
Links point to DJIfly..
2-19 23:40
Use props
djiuser_ujmpG1aqaPSH
New

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-1 03:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have. Kindly please upload a screen recording showing the issue that you have mentioned above for us to perform further investigation. We understand your request, however for us to investigate the issue further, we need a video showing the issue. Lastly, before the test flight, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware then have a test flight to see if the issue persists. If yes, please upload the video here. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Hello..
has there been any development on this?
Subject scanning not in menu.
Active track etc not operational.
Cannot even draw a box over a subject on the screen.

Is this going to be rectified soon?

To see/replicate the error that many users experiencing, why don’t you upload your own/company drone to latest firmware and see if it still works for you?
2-20 23:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ujmpG1aqaPSH Posted at 2-19 23:40
First time drone owner.
Mini 3 Pro, screen controller.
Active track functions, I cannot even get the ‘box’ drawn on the screen.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the operation? You can upload it to Google Drive or YouTube and then paste the link here. Thank you.
2-21 00:07
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules