DJI O3 Air Unit Easy-to-Use Guide for Beginners
28129 29 2022-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Are you wondering how to correctly install, activate, and adjust parameters with DJI O3 Air Unit in hand? Do you want to get more installation and use skills of the product? Refer to this article to quickly complete pre-flight preparations from unboxing to parameter settings.

Catalog

· About DJI O3 Air Unit
   - Tutorials
   - User Manual

· Unboxing and Getting Started
   - Unboxing
   - Activation
   - Configure the flight controller parameters

· Using for the First Time
   - Firmware Update
   - Exporting files
   - Audience Mode
   - Changing an accessory

About DJI O3 Air Unit
DJI O3 Air Unit is an advanced video transmission device featuring DJI long-range low-latency HD transmission O3+ technology. The air unit can be mounted on a racing drone and used with DJI goggles and a remote controller to transmit video, control signals, and flight controller information wirelessly, providing you with a one-stop video transmission solution. Click here to check DJI O3 Air Unit Technical Specifications.
o3主图.png
The DJI O3 Air Unit camera features with a 155° ultra-wide-angle lens, which provides you with a wide field of view (FOV) to meet your viewing angle needs when performing various flight actions.
The air unit is made up of a linking status indicator and link button, and designed with some ports, including a microSD card slot, USB-C port, dual-band dual-polarized antenna (IPEX1 connector), and 3-in-1 port, which making installation easier.

Tutorials
For a step-by-step guide to using DJI O3 Air Unit, click here to watch the tutorials.

User Manual
For more information about the product, please refer to the user manual: DJI O3 Air Unit User Manual.

Unboxing and Getting Started

Activate your new device before use. Download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series), connect your device to a computer, and activate it following the prompts.
Consult the content below for a guide to unboxing and activating your device.

Unboxing
DJI O3 Air Unit
enO3清单.jpg

Installation Guide
Upon receipt of your DJI O3 Air Unit, attach the air unit onto the aircraft before proceeding. For a step-by-step guide to installing your device, refer to the steps below.
1.  Insert or solder the 3-in-1 cable plug into the socket or solder joints of the aircraft flight control board.
* The cable sequence of different flight controllers may be different. It is recommended that you check whether the cable sequence is correct before attaching and using.
2.  Mount the air unit onto the aircraft, and check whether it is installed securely.
3.  Arrange the camera coaxial cable to avoid winding with other cables.
4.  Fit four screws in each side of the camera module. (Note that the depth of the screw hole is 2 mm. Make sure not to tighten the screw too much. Applying too much pressure will snap the screw, and thereby damage the circuit or FPC within the camera.
5.  Mount the antenna module on the aircraft, and check whether it is installed securely.
6.  Arrange the cables, and secure the aircraft with screws.

Watch this video for installation of the device:
https://cn-videos.dji.net/video_trans/5ae968aa30e34281ab769ea216b83001/sd.mp4

In case of any malfunctions during use, including but not limited to screen jitters, video rippling effects, jello effects, or poor heat dissipation, please refer to the DJI O3 Air Unit Installation Guide.

Activation
1.  Visit DJI's official website, enter the DJI O3 Air Unit page, find "Download" in the top right of the navigation bar, and click to enter the download page.
2.  Download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to your computer.
3.  Connect DJI O3 Air Unit to your computer using a USB-C cable.
4.  Launch DJI Assistant 2, and enter your DJI account and password to log in.
5.  After the device is connected to the computer successfully, click the DJI O3 Air Unit icon, and it will prompt you to activate the device. Click "Start Activation".
6.  Click "Next" to complete the activation process.

Watch the video for a step-by-step guide to activating your device:
https://cn-videos.dji.net/video_trans/0388609a8ebd45a892f716e8bad63b3e/sd.mp4

Linking

Before using DJI O3 Air Unit for the first time, link the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles for a full FPV flight experience.
Take DJI Goggles 2 as an example:
Step 1: Link the air unit to the goggles
1.  Power on the goggles and air unit, and press the link button on the goggles. The goggles start to beep continually, indicating that they have entered the linking state.
2.  Press the link button of the air unit, and the live view will appear on the googles once the linking is successful.
* When the linking status indicator of the air unit changes from green to red, it indicates that it has been linked. The status indicator will become solid green once the linking is successful.
Step 2: Link the air unit to the remote controller
1.  Power on the remote controller, press and hold the power button again until the remote controller starts beeping, with the status indicator blinking quickly. In this case, the remote controller has been linked.
2.  *Press the link button on the air unit, and the status indicator will stop blinking and become solid green once the linking is successful.
Watch this video for the detailed linking steps:
https://cn-videos.dji.net/video_trans/2cfc4cccbed74b5781d3b7af257fb14d/sd.mp4

Configure the flight controller parameters
After completing the above operations, use Betaflight to set the flight controller parameters.
Watch this video for parameters settings:
https://cn-videos.dji.net/video_trans/1773054042f243fa92794e55c2392e76/sd.mp4

Using for the First Time

Firmware Update
The firmware of the DJI O3 Air Uint can be updated without powering on the device. Please go through the steps below for firmware update.
1. Connect the air unit to the computer using a USB-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drone Series).
3. Click "Firmware Update", select the latest firmware version, click "Update", and wait until the update is complete.
4. Restart the device upon completion of the update.
Watch this video for firmware update:
https://cn-videos.dji.net/video_trans/ed322ac7a35e4127bd9a9a9c04da16be/sd.mp4

Exporting files
The internal storage of DJI O3 Air Unit is about 20 GB, which can meet the daily shooting needs of most users. You are allowed to expand the internal storage by installing a microSD card on the side of the image transmission module. It is recommended that you use the following microSD cards.
SanDisk Extreme U3 V30 A1 32GB microSDXC
SanDisk Extreme Pro U3 V30 A1 32GB microSDXC
Kingston Canvas Go!Plus U3 V30 A2 64GB microSDXC
Kingston Canvas React Plus U3 V90 A1 64GB microSDXC
Kingston Canvas React Plus U3 V90 A1 128GB microSDXC
Kingston Canvas React Plus U3 V90 A1 256GB microSDXC
Samsung PRO Plus U3 V30 A2 256GB microSDXC
enO3卡槽1.jpg
In case you need to export files, connect the air unit to a computer using a USB-C cable.
Watch this video for file exporting steps:
https://cn-videos.dji.net/video_trans/aa7f2c153f064a51af9c2245042d6d2c/sd.mp4
Audience Mode
DJI O3 Air Unit supports Audience mode when used with DJI Goggles 2, which allows the live view to display on multiple goggles simultaneously. Go through the steps below to link the air unit with goggles.
1.  Link the aircraft with the (main) pilot goggles.
2.  Select "Settings" on the pilot goggles.
3.  Tap “Transmission”, select “Pilot", and enable "Broadcasting".
4.  The device number appears, such as 312E, which can be found on audience goggles. After selecting the device number on audience goggles, the live view will be synchronized and displayed on audience goggles.
5.  Power on audience goggles, go to "Settings" > "Transmission" > "Audience", select "312E" (as shown in the picture), and the live view on the pilot goggles will be displayed on the audience goggles.

Changing an accessory
· Change the camera
1.  Unscrew the two screws securing the protective cover of the camera coaxial cable port, and then remove the protective cover.
2.  Pick off the coaxial cable plug with tweezers, and remove the coaxial cable and camera.
*When removing the coaxial cable plug, please be careful, and do not cause irreversible damage to the coaxial cable connector.
3.  Prepare a new camera module, align the coaxial cable plug to the air unit, and press it down. Make sure that the camera module is firmly mounted.
4.  Close the protective cover, and tighten the two Philips screws.

· Change the antennas
1.  Unscrew the two screws securing the protective cover of the antenna port, and then remove the protective cover.
2.  Pick up the antenna connector with tweezers, and remove the antenna.
3.  Prepare a new antenna module, align the antenna plug to the air unit, and press it down. Make sure that the camera module is firmly mounted.
*When installing the antennas, please be careful, and do not cause irreversible damage to the antenna connectors and feeders.
4.  Close the protective cover, and tighten the two Philips screws.
Watch this video for a guide to changing the camera and antennas:
https://cn-videos.dji.net/video_trans/245f1c098b744a59a92d6ee4fd255fcf/sd.mp4

2022-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent job on this guide.  
2022-11-22
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the tutorial! Waiting on my unit now
2022-11-22
Use props
Alex _ Leipzig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9361703 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good tutorial, cannot wait till it comes into my hands
2022-11-23
Use props
Jumai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376594 ft
Singapore

Just installed my DJI O3 unit and the videos really help. Time to do field test. Thanks a lot.
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_gRPUVmx0095D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1621037 ft
Germany

Can I mount it upside down? Will Rocksteady still work correctly? Thanks!
2022-11-26
Use props
Badfrog
New

United States

I read in a DJI installation guide the air unit will cool better when mounted direct to the carbon fiber plate to help with cooling; makes perfect sense, more thermal mass.
So, my question… would it make sense to use thermal paste as well? I have NO idea if there are any long term effects of thermal paste direct to CF… I’m sure studies have been done!
By the way, I lost track of that document... if anyone has a link please post it!

2022-11-26
Use props
djiuser_TLp4Vj4k5BBB
lvl.1

Luxembourg

Hey,
Newbee here (really :-))
I have DJI FPV, and I am considering the upgrade from the installed O2 to a O3
I understand that all ok with the google v2 and remote controller
My questions...
- Is it easy to install?
- Will it work with the Motion controller?
- Does it worth it?

Thank you!
Jeff
2022-11-29
Use props
BMos4242
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1415981 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ignor my post please. I see what my problem was...
2022-12-1
Use props
djiuser_kZHZk9hwyJm8
lvl.1

Canada

Has anybody had a problem setting up the RC 2 in betaflight? Mine is bound with the O3 but I do not get any input from the sticks. Do the goggles need to be on or in specific settings too? Do I need the RC plugged in as well?
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_DREFsDvkGneL
lvl.1

United States

I just my got my new O3 Air unit and have updated the firmware and activated it but I can't bind it with my new DJI Goggles 2 (latest firmware). When I plug the air unit in over USB it only shows a solid green light even when I press the bind button. There is no red light, no blinking red light like i've seen on the online videos, even if I hold the bind button nothing happens? To confirm I'm on the latest firmware V01.01.0000 on the Air Unit 03 powering through USB, If anyone can help that'd be amazing! I'm worried that I've got a faulty unit? I can't fine any troublshooting about what the led indicators are meant to mean online. Thanks
2022-12-8
Use props
JWFPV
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_DREFsDvkGneL Posted at 12-8 19:19
I just my got my new O3 Air unit and have updated the firmware and activated it but I can't bind it with my new DJI Goggles 2 (latest firmware). When I plug the air unit in over USB it only shows a solid green light even when I press the bind button. There is no red light, no blinking red light like i've seen on the online videos, even if I hold the bind button nothing happens? To confirm I'm on the latest firmware V01.01.0000 on the Air Unit 03 powering through USB, If anyone can help that'd be amazing! I'm worried that I've got a faulty unit? I can't fine any troublshooting about what the led indicators are meant to mean online. Thanks

For that issue, the AU needs to be powered through the drone for binding. You can only do updates and things like that powering through USB (I figured this out today). Now I am having troubles setting up the RC 2 in betaflight, let me know if you are doing that part as well
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_DREFsDvkGneL
lvl.1

United States

JWFPV Posted at 12-8 22:00
For that issue, the AU needs to be powered through the drone for binding. You can only do updates and things like that powering through USB (I figured this out today). Now I am having troubles setting up the RC 2 in betaflight, let me know if you are doing that part as well

DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 not detected in by Betaflight:    In headset navigate to CONTROL and set protocol to Sbus Baud Fast (I think I set it up some how in betaflight this way on the drone with the my old air unit and DJI controller
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_DREFsDvkGneL
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_kZHZk9hwyJm8 Posted at 12-8 16:35
Has anybody had a problem setting up the RC 2 in betaflight? Mine is bound with the O3 but I do not get any input from the sticks. Do the goggles need to be on or in specific settings too? Do I need the RC plugged in as well?

DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 not detected in by Betaflight:    In headset navigate to CONTROL and set protocol to Sbus Baud Fast (I think I set it up some how in betaflight this way on the drone with the my old air unit and DJI controller
2022-12-10
Use props
fansac44e118
New
  • >>>
United States

So I’ve switched from vista to air 3 unit.  Goggles are updated but when I log into Fpv assistant and plug usb into air unit 3 it doesn’t do anything. I’m trying to newly activate 03  it shows me the plug icon but one communicate  with air unit.   The vista and old air unit were so easy, do I have a bad. Usb on air unit ? Or is there somthing dumb I have to do.   I’ve done it with battery off and on still not signal
image.jpg
2022-12-14
Use props
fansac44e118
New
  • >>>
United States

How do I delete this post ?
image.jpg
2022-12-14
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansac44e118 Posted at 12-14 07:59
So I’ve switched from vista to air 3 unit.  Goggles are updated but when I log into Fpv assistant and plug usb into air unit 3 it doesn’t do anything. I’m trying to newly activate 03  it shows me the plug icon but one communicate  with air unit.   The vista and old air unit were so easy, do I have a bad. Usb on air unit ? Or is there somthing dumb I have to do.   I’ve done it with battery off and on still not signal

Wrong version of Assistant 2, its the Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones you need, download from the download site of one of the others (Mavic 3, etc)
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_wyTEUCSr91KA
New

Germany

Hello, i have a Question. I had a crash with my iflight nazgule evoque v2 drone. After the crash i couldnt connect the 03 air unit with the goggles v2 (no connection possible in the goggles) after that i pluged in the usb c cable form the pc in the 03 air unit but i dont get any connection, there is also no light or something on the o3 air unit. does someone know what i do wrong or is my air unit module broken? I am little confused why it does not work because the crash was not critical (fell out of the sky from 20m hight).
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_8rOQpyXS1rym
New

United Kingdom

How do you know what power level the 03 unit is on/ how do you adjust it?
2023-1-25
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

So nobody noticed that they mislabeled the parts in the unboxing section? DJI, you may want to fix that.
2023-3-10
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

djiuser_wyTEUCSr91KA Posted at 1-8 07:41
Hello, i have a Question. I had a crash with my iflight nazgule evoque v2 drone. After the crash i couldnt connect the 03 air unit with the goggles v2 (no connection possible in the goggles) after that i pluged in the usb c cable form the pc in the 03 air unit but i dont get any connection, there is also no light or something on the o3 air unit. does someone know what i do wrong or is my air unit module broken? I am little confused why it does not work because the crash was not critical (fell out of the sky from 20m hight).

Check the cable going to the air unit and see that it is properly connected to both the air unit and your flight controller. If that looks good, You should get yourself a multimeter and test to make sure the proper voltage is being sent to the air unit. Last if all that doesnt work, your air unit is probably fried. 20M is actually pretty high and can send potential spikes in the line that the BEC in the certain electronics cant handle. It doesnt mean the air unit faulted but possibly your flight controller or both
2023-3-10
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Finally got my drone ready, only getting  7 Mbps Bitrate with  this O3, using some goggles with Avata I am getting  50 Mbps...what am I missing here?
2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28615 ft
Canada

HDPS Posted at 3-28 18:03
Finally got my drone ready, only getting  7 Mbps Bitrate with  this O3, using some goggles with Avata I am getting  50 Mbps...what am I missing here?

Most likely your O3 unit stays in "low power" mode. It switches to normal (high) power when you arm the drone
2023-3-28
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ Posted at 3-28 18:24
Most likely your O3 unit stays in "low power" mode. It switches to normal (high) power when you arm the drone

Thanks, yes, after arming and while flying it does have the lower power mode info in the screen, forgot to mention.
2023-3-28
Use props
fans36cc2f83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2569364 ft
Hungary

Hello!
I would like to ask, does it matter which socket the two antenna connectors go into?

regards
T
ps:
Sorry for the google translate
2023-3-29
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2025640 ft
India

Do not buy this it has lots of issues
03 died just after 3rd short flight. Light (GREEN/RED) is off. It was working fine (activate/update/bind/link).
Disarmed after landing, 03/Goggles V2/RC2 link went off and LED light on 03 unit turned off. Now when powered on via FC (HAKRC F722 40A AIO, 45 battery) - LED on 03 comes on for a split of a sec, goes off and then nothing.
Connecting 03 directly to the computer via USB cable (same computer, same USB port/cable that used to work before):
1.03 LED turns GREEN for 2 - 3 sec
2. While the LED is on, Windows Device Manager shows "Unknown device"
3. O3 LED turns off
4. Unknown device disappears from device manager
5. DJI Assistant 2 does not see 03 anymore
6. 03 internal storage does not show up in Windows file explorer
7.03 get a little bit warm (not hot) if I keep it connected to USB cable
So the dji didn’t gave a satisfactory response to solve this issue so the air unit module becomes useless. I don’t know i should keep and wait for repair
2023-4-14
Use props
fans62151093
New
Turkey

Hello, maybe the wrong place. How do I record on the SD card on the O3 Air Unit?
2023-4-15
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans62151093 Posted at 4-15 07:15
Hello, maybe the wrong place. How do I record on the SD card on the O3 Air Unit?

Make selection on your goggles menu and manually start recording pulling down goggle menu, or, you can also select to start recording after arming the drone
2023-4-15
Use props
Simone82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1110213 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Yesterday I lose my FPV drone (luckily found) due to a flyaway caused by DJI O3+RC2. In landing I disarmed, but drone take off again, I lose the signal and can't manovrate the drone, that drop at 400 m away.
Is it possible through DJI assistance to read the unit log and understand what happened?
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_sHWEheJ5xWfu
New

United States

I have air unit 03 system and I crashed, then flight controller was fried, sooo I bought new flight controller on drone and I can see lightly green AND red LEDs lights was flashing together green and red, what does this mean?? Please let me know, thank you!
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules