User experiences in sunlight
1602 7 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

I got my MP3 just before my holiday to Asia, so unfortunately not much time to try it.

Are there any users having experience using th RC during a bright sunny day?
Still visible, or do I need to look for  sun cap?
(actually searched for it, but couldn't find much)
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI. Thank you for reaching out. For the drone, we recommend using ND filters for shooting long exposure or against strong light, e.g. long exposure timelapse. Here's the link: https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... esult-v2&position=0). Hopefully, other DJI users who have experience shooting on a bright sunny day can also provide their recommendations for the RC. Thank you for your valued support. Have a safe trip and flight always!
2022-11-21
Use props
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-21 03:33
Hi, djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI. Thank you for reaching out. We recommend using ND filters for shooting long exposure or against strong light, e.g. long exposure timelapse. Here's the link: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-pro-nd-filters-set-16-256?from=search-result-v2&position=0). Hopefully, other DJI users who have experience shooting in a bright sunny day can also provide their recommendations. Thank you for your valued support. Have a safe trip and flight always!

Thanks for your reply. I was however not referring to the drone, but to the screen of th RC controller.
2022-11-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI Posted at 11-21 03:43
Thanks for your reply. I was however not referring to the drone, but to the screen of th RC controller.

Find some shade or make some with a big hat
2022-11-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't seen any sunscreens for the DJI RC yet.  On bright sunny days in Florida I use the RC Pro Controller because it has 1000 nits (300 more than the RC) .  Even with the RC Pro if I'm out in the open it can be a challenge to see the display.  Normally, I'd seek out the shade of a tree or somewhere to shad the display from the sun.  
2022-11-21
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I use one protector and hood two in one and have it always on the RC from Sunnylife

2.jpg
5.jpg
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI Posted at 11-21 03:43

Hi, djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI. Thank you for the response. We understand that it is not for the drone and we apologize for the confusion. We just provided a suggestion for a better flying experience. Please feel free to follow it. Thank you. As for the DJI RC, we hoped that other users can provide their suggestions and as of now, Labroides, DowntownRDB, and Niknik have provided good suggestions above please feel free to choose from them. Thank you for your kind understanding and your valued support.
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_N8s9lXqfGAL0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102126 ft
Germany

Niknik Posted at 11-21 14:45
I use one protector and hood two in one and have it always on the RC from Sunnylife[Image]

I also have this installed. Fits perfect. I use this together wirh the neckholder from sunnylife.

The only negativ thing is that is a little bit noisy when open or close it.
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules