Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Upgrade Air 2S and Air 2 V02.04.2320
1526 8 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have been doing my 3 monthly update and battery charge of all my DJI Aircraft.

I found the new FW version for the Air 2S does a battery upgrade. I dont know what the upgrade does but I would assume its a positive thing.

My Air 2 did not need a FW update or Battery update.

I use 8 batteries in total for the Air 2's and swap between them. I updated all 8 and tested them in the Air 2.

The updated batteries had no issues in the older aircraft.

Just FYI

2022-11-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to know and many thanks for sharing.  
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, bjr981s. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with the new update. You're absolutely correct, no update yet for Mavic Air 2. As for the Air 2s, the recent update was to add the support for the following information below:

• Added support for United States RID requirements.
• Added support for DJI RC remote controller.
• Added support for Expo Curve settings in Cine mode.

Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-21
Use props
fans3a7605d2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239672 ft
United States

How do we update batteries?
2022-11-23
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I've never had to update the batteries. And I've owned and been flying this thing regularly for almost 2 years, and have done all the software/firmware updates.

I've read numerous times about people updating the batteries, and always wonder if perhaps they're in the wrong forum? Or maybe I'm missing something? I had to update the batteries once with my old Mavic Pro, but never with the Air 2S.
2022-11-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

fans3a7605d2 Posted at 11-23 00:48
How do we update batteries?

When you use the Assistant 2 for PC and Mac to update FW and it has just completed the update, swap the battery for another and check the FW status again.

If it says incompatible FW found, it will ask if you want to update the FW again. Say yes and it will update the FW on the battery. This is a quick battery only update.
2022-11-27
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

sduck Posted at 11-24 08:41
I've never had to update the batteries. And I've owned and been flying this thing regularly for almost 2 years, and have done all the software/firmware updates.

I've read numerous times about people updating the batteries, and always wonder if perhaps they're in the wrong forum? Or maybe I'm missing something? I had to update the batteries once with my old Mavic Pro, but never with the Air 2S.

The only way that is possible is if you only have one battery.

If a battery FW update is required as part of the FW update it will update the Air2S and the battery in one pass.

If you have more than one battery and an update is required you need to swap the battery and check again.

If the second display of the FW does not say incompatible FW detected then there was no battery update.

The Air2S has had battery updates multiple times since launch.

The last current update requires a battery update and the cycle through all your batteries.

I believe another way to check is to use the Fly app and do a FW check. It will then identify incompatible FW if the battery has not been updated..

2022-11-27
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 11-27 06:21
The only way that is possible is if you only have one battery.

If a battery FW update is required as part of the FW update it will update the Air2S and the battery in one pass.

Aha! you are correct - I just updated 5 batteries. I really need to amend my previous post, as though most of it is technically correct, it all gives the wrong impression. I think the second sentence of the second paragraph is the most correct statement.

While it is true that I have 6 batteries, and have been flying with them all for almost 2 years without updating most of them, I'm also really anal about how I use them, and they're numbered, and I always have battery No. 1 in the drone at home when I do updates. So that battery has been updated regularly. The other ones I only use when I'm out flying, and apparently the Fly app doesn't care if you use an updated battery and doesn't complain. So now that they're all updated maybe I'll get better flying times or something.
2022-11-28
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

sduck Posted at 11-28 19:32
Aha! you are correct - I just updated 5 batteries. I really need to amend my previous post, as though most of it is technically correct, it all gives the wrong impression. I think the second sentence of the second paragraph is the most correct statement.

While it is true that I have 6 batteries, and have been flying with them all for almost 2 years without updating most of them, I'm also really anal about how I use them, and they're numbered, and I always have battery No. 1 in the drone at home when I do updates. So that battery has been updated regularly. The other ones I only use when I'm out flying, and apparently the Fly app doesn't care if you use an updated battery and doesn't complain. So now that they're all updated maybe I'll get better flying times or something.

Great good to see you have your problem solved.

Incorrect or incompatible forward can lead to an adverse event.

Like battery remaining is 50% then it goes down by 1% per second. This was reported in a thread here some time ago.

2022-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules