Error code Code 30079 on Air2S
1266 3 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlevere
lvl.1
United States

Hello
I am in a cold climate and normally do not have much problems with batteries in below freezing weather other than the on screen warning telling me that my batteries are not going to last as long, or that they are cold.

Yesterday I checked my cold batteries and they showed 4 green lights. They were just charged the day before. I got my drone up about 50 feet and I suddenly got a warning that the drone would auto land becasue there was no power in the battery. And I got an error code that I can not find any info on Code 30079. I then tried the other battery I had that was fully charged and I got the same problem in the air with the error and a forced landing. The battery was fully charged after it came down.

When I then tested it in my home. It flew normaly in my home. I was asked to do the next firmward updates to the drone and the controller. I did the updates. I tried flying the drone with the same batteries with no additional charge today in the cold, below freezing, and it flew normally. It was a short flight but all was normal and the battery gave the lower power, shorter flight warning.

Any advice? Suggestions. What is that error code mean?

Thanks

Doug

2022-11-21
Use props
dlevere
lvl.1
United States

2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Doug. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Error code 30079 means low battery level for intelligent batteries (critical low battery level for intelligent batteries). Due to the characteristics of lithium batteries, the battery performance will be greatly decreased in a low-temperature environment. The main reason is that low temperatures cause the chemicals in the battery to become less active, resulting in higher internal resistance and lower discharging capacity. At this point, the battery voltage will also reduce sharply. When the single-cell voltage is decreased to 3V, there are two risks:
1. If the battery output voltage is insufficient, the aircraft will trigger an early low-voltage landing, which may lead to an unexpected power shutdown.
2. After this flight, the battery may enter the over-discharge protection status and will no longer be able to be charged and used.

Here are some tips for flying your aircraft in the cold to help you take better pictures of the winter scenery.

Winter Usage Recommendations
• Before takeoff:
1) Charging:
Please fully charge your battery before use to ensure that it is in a high-voltage state.
If a battery that is not fully charged is used, the battery’s initial voltage will be low. In addition, low temperatures will continue to decrease the battery voltage and increase the Undervoltage risk.
2) Warm-up:
Place the battery in a room temperature environment and allow it to fully warm up to above 20°C (You can check the battery temperature using the DJI GO/DJI GO 4/DJI FLY app).
If possible, put the battery in your car and turn on the heater to warm up it during outdoor operation.
3) Battery visual inspection:
Check the battery appearance for damage, misshape, etc.
Check the battery port’s metal sheet for damage, burning, etc.
Check the battery charging cable for looseness, and check whether the battery can be inserted and removed smoothly.

• After takeoff:
1) Have the aircraft hover for about one minute to allow the battery to fully warm up from the internal heat.
2) Gently push the stick. Avoid pushing it with great force.
3) In a low-temperature environment, voltage drops very quickly. Please keep an eye on the battery level and shorten the flight time.
4) It is recommended to have your aircraft return early and avoid returning at a low battery level.
We hope that this helps. Thank you for your continued support.

2022-11-22
Use props
dlevere
lvl.1
United States

DJI

Thanks for the info. I have had this Air2S for over a year and had flown a different Air2S model all winter last year with no problems. And yes I understand about having a fully charged battery is much better. And I do understand the suggestions of warming the battery, etc.

However on this flight my two batteries were fully charged. They were cold, just below freezing. Showed fully charged when tested before flight both got this screen error while flying. Both showed they were fully charged after the flight. But both flights had forced return to home with this 30079 error.
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules