Upward Gimbal Rotation missing from DJI Fly app
2818 24 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NPuttick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Please forgive my inexperience as a new user and member.  I have a mini 2 with the standard controller, using an iPhone SE (2020) running iOS 16.1,  and there is no option for 'Upward Gimbal Rotation' in the 'Control' settings menu, just a blank line between Gimbal mode and Gimbal Calibration.  Is this a bug, or otherwise how can I access it? Thanks. IMG_6613.jpg .

2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, NPuttick. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please be informed that our engineers are currently working to locate the cause of the problem, and note that this will be resolved in the next app update. In the meantime, we suggest that you use the older version of the App if the "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" option is needed. You may also send us a PM so we can provide you with the previous version. Your kind understanding is appreciated, and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-21
Use props
NPuttick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-21 22:51
Hi there, NPuttick. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please be informed that our engineers are currently working to locate the cause of the problem, and note that this will be resolved in the next app update. In the meantime, we suggest that you use the older version of the App if the "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" option is needed. You may also send us a PM so we can provide you with the previous version. Your kind understanding is appreciated, and thank you for your continued support.

Thanks Tony
PM sent
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X
lvl.1

Germany

Good morning

I have a small problem with the DJI Fly app
Namely, I keep getting a message like the one in the attached picture.  Even though I have the apparatus paired with the drone.
I mean: Connection Guide
and it should probably look like this: Connect Aircraft.
The second thing is the lack of settings in the application:
Control - „Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation” - „ Advanced Gimbal Settings”  oraz Advanced.
Telephone iPhone 11 pro, system iOS 16.1
Model: DJI Air 2s
Aircraft Firmware: 02.04.2320
RC Firmware:         04.12.0060
App Version:          DJI Fly 1.8.0

Please help.
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X
lvl.1

Germany

if it was possible, I would also ask for an older version of the DJI Fly application (and the question of how to install it, I understand, not to update anything in the application?? )
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X
lvl.1

Germany

2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

NPuttick Posted at 11-22 07:37
Thanks Tony
PM sent

You are most welcome. We have responded to your message. Please check it whenever you're available. Thank you and keep safe.
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X Posted at 11-22 11:14
Good morning

I have a small problem with the DJI Fly app

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize but the picture is not showing on your post. Kindly reattach it, or provide us with an accessible link to view the picture. Regarding the "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" not showing, please note that it's being worked on by our related team. If you're interested in getting the previous version of the app, please send us a PM. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 11-22 22:12
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize but the picture is not showing on your post. Kindly reattach it, or provide us with an accessible link to view the picture. Regarding the "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" not showing, please note that it's being worked on by our related team. If you're interested in getting the previous version of the app, please send us a PM. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I'm sorry but I have no idea how I can send a PM to you.
2022-11-22
Use props
joelp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4550213 ft
Philippines

Hi I too am an iOS user and it seems like I don't have the option to turn on the "upward gimbal rotation". I tried to ask our local DJI Mini Group if they are also experiencing the same issue with their iOS device but did not get any response so at that time, I didn't know if I'm the only one with this issue. However, I'm using 3 iOS devices and all are currently on version 1.8.0 and all of  them seem to be missing this "Upward Gimbal Rotation" option so I know that it's not the app that I downloaded that's causing the problem but rather the  1.8.0 version for iOS.  
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X
lvl.1

Germany

I just got the installation file to return the application to version 1.6.9 but I have no idea how to install it on the phone because it is encrypted in the ipa.
He's been tired since morning.
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Tony, I have a problem with the installation of the previous version of the file you sent me, so I have three questions about this current version of DJI Fly 1.8.0.

First question:

Namely, this unfortunate " Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation " if this function is not present, the camera is automatically set in front of the flight, it is impossible to raise the knob on the remote control??  Because if so, I meant to turn this function off, because usually then the propellers entered my frame.

Second question:

It's about "Advanced Gimbal Settings" and "Advanced" where the reactions of the sticks on the remote control were set.  This is now thrown into one point "Gain & Expo Tuning" I understand.

Third question:

When I run applications without a connected drone, the message "Connection Guide" is displayed and I have a remote control paired with the drone, because previously only "Connect Aircraft" was displayed, is this another error of version 1.8.0

Thank you for your help
8EC00550-EFD0-4D5E-8920-3E068C45A655.jpeg
2022-11-24
Use props
djiuser_dzFiaRVJmU0h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439793 ft
United States

I also have the issue with the missing “allow upward gimbal rotation “. How can I revert the app to one that works. Currently using 1.8.0.
075A2A0A-A000-4507-9B33-544C37A24D53.png
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

joelp Posted at 11-23 00:53
Hi I too am an iOS user and it seems like I don't have the option to turn on the "upward gimbal rotation". I tried to ask our local DJI Mini Group if they are also experiencing the same issue with their iOS device but did not get any response so at that time, I didn't know if I'm the only one with this issue. However, I'm using 3 iOS devices and all are currently on version 1.8.0 and all of  them seem to be missing this "Upward Gimbal Rotation" option so I know that it's not the app that I downloaded that's causing the problem but rather the  1.8.0 version for iOS.

Hi there, joelp. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly send us a PM so we may send you the older app version you may use temporarily. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X Posted at 11-24 03:36
DJI Tony, I have a problem with the installation of the previous version of the file you sent me, so I have three questions about this current version of DJI Fly 1.8.0.

First question:

Good day. We're sorry for the trouble caused. Here are the answers to your inquiries:
1. Yes, the "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" function allows the camera to point upward if you turn this on. When this function is present, you'll have the option to enable or disable it.
2. With the latest app version, "Advanced Gimbal Settings" has been moved to "Gain & Expo Tuning" indeed. This is for iPhone users.
3. If you're getting the "Connection Guide" prompt, this means that the remote controller is not connected to the mobile phone. Possible reasons could be the following:
a. Cable connection error
b. Remote controller port error
c. Mobile device error
d. Poor contact between the mobile phone and cable. This is often caused by the use of a mobile phone protection case that prevents the cable from being properly inserted
e. Firmware version error
f. Mobile phone compatibility issue
If you would like to keep your current app version (v.1.8.0), let us know. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_dzFiaRVJmU0h Posted at 11-27 18:41
I also have the issue with the missing “allow upward gimbal rotation “. How can I revert the app to one that works. Currently using 1.8.0.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Kindly send us a PM so we may give you the older app version. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-27
Use props
pao_ge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555646 ft
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 11-21 22:51

Hi, I have the same problem.
I'm new with a mini 2. And I don't have the possibility to raise the camera above the horizon in my iOS app. I read in your forum that you offered to send an old version while waiting for an update. Is it possible for you to help me out with an older version under iOs?  Thanks in advance.

(I send you a PM)
Best Regards
Pierre-Alain
2022-12-1
Use props
djiuser_nLv6Qfdjr3yS
lvl.1

Estonia

Same issue
2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_nLv6Qfdjr3yS
lvl.1

Estonia

Same issue
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

pao_ge Posted at 12-1 01:33
Hi, I have the same problem.
I'm new with a mini 2. And I don't have the possibility to raise the camera above the horizon in my iOS app. I read in your forum that you offered to send an old version while waiting for an update. Is it possible for you to help me out with an older version under iOs?  Thanks in advance.

Hi, Pierre-Alain. Thanks for reaching out. We have sent you a PM with the correct file. Thank you.
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry if you're encountering the same difficulties at the moment. Kindly send us a PM so we may give you the older version of the app. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 11-27 21:18
Good day. We're sorry for the trouble caused. Here are the answers to your inquiries:
1. Yes, the "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" function allows the camera to point upward if you turn this on. When this function is present, you'll have the option to enable or disable it.
2. With the latest app version, "Advanced Gimbal Settings" has been moved to "Gain & Expo Tuning" indeed. This is for iPhone users.

Good morning DJI Tony
Sorry for taking so long to reply but I had family matters to attend to.

So I want to stay with the current version of the software, i.e.: v.1.8.0 because I have no idea how to install this file on the iPhone that you sent me.

As for the third question I asked you, it goes like this.
I have an iPhone 13 pro, iOS 16.1 version - it's definitely ok here.

This message is shown when I connect the remote control and when I launch applications without the remote control, before the update it was normal.
Although I downloaded the current version also on the samsung galaxy s22 and after launching the application, of course, without connecting the remote control, the same message is displayed (Connection Guide)
So I dare say that this problem occurs on iOS and Android.

As for the input on the remote control, I will check today on a different cable and also connect to the second USB input and let you know.

Regards.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_3cLDHK4QjynX
New
Flight distance : 172552 ft
Turkey

hello, gimbal setting and gimbal route are not working, the device is mini, I think you are sending the old version in the forums, what should I do as far as I understand?
2022-12-5
Use props
pao_ge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555646 ft
Switzerland

Thanks for the update 1.9.0 for DJI Fly on iOS. We can now get up the camera (-90 to +20) !!!!! Yesss!
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_rzIJYecsZ06X
lvl.1

Spain

But the error still hasn't been changed after turning on the application I mean (Connection Guide) because I'll give my hand to cut off that before the release of v1.8.0 it was (Connect Aircraft)
And this message shows all the time whether the apparatus is connected or not.
I even checked if there is the same message on Android (samsung galaxy s22) as on iOS, it also displays the same.
Do you also have friends and colleagues???
2022-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules