1543 6 2015-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5454557 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Someone have test the new hdmi board, using android, with play services updated, ??????

Can be possible that this new board have new chips, and have zero lag USING USB not HDMI.

With HDMI all is perfect, ZERO LAG, but I need to know if using only USB port, and a tablet or phone with android, and services updated, have lag?

Someone tested??????

This HDMI board, can be the solution for LAG on android.

Thanks.

2015-8-13
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

I would also like to know.
If this would be the case I could invest in HDMI board...
2015-8-14
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

If you use tablet on usb with hdmi board there will not be difference between board you have with only usb. The problem is on software side in android app.

2015-8-14
Use props
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5454557 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yes I know, but the new board have new chips and controllers,new decode chips, etc, and can be possible that lag can be reduced to minimun or Zero, with this board.

We need someone with this hdmi board, who can test the usb port only, without nothing connected to HDMI.
2015-8-14
Use props
kolmakov-82
New

Ukraine

ben_m16 Posted at 2015-8-14 21:01
Yes I know, but the new board have new chips and controllers,new decode chips, etc, and can be possi ...

Hi Guys,
I had the same illusion, that using HDMI board the video lag will be minimized but unfortunately it was only my expectation.

My configuration:
DJI Phantom 3 Professional (Model: W323)
RC Model: GL300A
Tablet: ASUS TF700T
Upgraded to the latest firmware: v1.3.20 and DJI GO App v2.0.2
Checked that everything is working.
Installed HDMI board and....USB doesn't working,  DJI GO App says Disconnected, BUT HDMI is working!
I was disappointed when checked the video lag, it is the same when I had connected RC to the Asus tablet via USB - 0.4 Seconds (with borrowed iPad Air it was 0.2 Seconds) Take a look at the screenshot:

At least I expected to have video lag 0.2 Sec...
Don't waste your money!

Today I have almost lost my aircraft (with custom USB board), Video lag was 1 - 4 Sec..., RC has lost connection at the distance ~300m and height above 90m, Home button didn't worked, battery was 20%, thanks God I guessed to turn off my RC to trigger return to Home point, that saved me from crash.

I like the video quality but you have a lot of chances to lost your expensive  aircraft with such video transmission issues.

DJI, do you have any QC team???
2015-8-24
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

ben_m16 Posted at 2015-8-14 21:01
Yes I know, but the new board have new chips and controllers,new decode chips, etc, and can be possi ...

I dont think the upgrade board has the video decoding chips build in. I think they are deeper inside the remote controller.I dont know whats the problem, you can plug in your ipad AND a HDMI video goggle at the same time. Furthermore you can decide if you want to slow down the HDMI out to get synced with the USB out. To have two display devices is a plus because when the app fails you still have the 2nd device
2015-8-24
Use props
philwilmarketin
lvl.1

Netherlands

I seem to get about the same latency with hdmi output and on the phone, but I heard people say hdmi ouput has lower latency, have you noticed this? I want to reduce as much latency as possible and thought the hdmi module would help, got it connected to fpv goggles. Maybe I am forgetting some settings?
2015-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules