Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loading videos into the Mimo App (Newbie)
3268 6 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, Do I need to manually download all videos onto my phone's internal memory before I can edit them in the Mimo App?
I'm trying to edit video from my Osmo Action (One) camera on the Mimo App.  I can connect the app to the camera (and control the camera) , but the videos on the camera don't appear in the Album, and aren't available to Edit.  The same is true if I put the SD card into my phone.
Do I need to manually download all videos onto the phone internal memory before I can Edit them in the Mimo App?
If so I'll soon run out of memory!
Thank you!
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To further confirm, may we know if you recorded the videos directly using the Osmo Action, and without using the DJI Mimo app? Moreover, if you can share a screenshot or screen recording showing the "Album" page, we would greatly appreciate it. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 02:48
Hello, djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To further confirm, may we know if you recorded the videos directly using the Osmo Action, and without using the DJI Mimo app? Moreover, if you can share a screenshot or screen recording showing the "Album" page, we would greatly appreciate it. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.

Hi DJI Gamora, thank you -
I can now access more than I thought at first but would still appreciate knowing any other options.   You've asked for more details  so here goes;  I'm taking the videos with the Osmo Action on its own and then wanting to edit them for sharing.  The original footage is typically 50-60 minutes per video.  
When connected, I can see the videos on the camera ready to download.  Generally,  I can't download these to the phone because they are too big.  (I have about 10GB free on my phone (Android). I have found that if I select the downloaded option TWICE then it shows all videos on my phone including on an SD card (if inserted). So I can edit from the SD card.  However,  the files on the SD card are just black without file names, (see screen grab).

Can I set Mimo to show the filenames of videos when selecting them to edit?
Can I export files directly to my phone's SD card, mimo,or elsewhere without it saving to the phone internal memory,  first?
Thank you.
Screenshot_20221122-221710.jpg
Screenshot_20221122-214727.jpg
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX Posted at 11-22 15:36
Hi DJI Gamora, thank you -
I can now access more than I thought at first but would still appreciate knowing any other options.   You've asked for more details  so here goes;  I'm taking the videos with the Osmo Action on its own and then wanting to edit them for sharing.  The original footage is typically 50-60 minutes per video.  
When connected, I can see the videos on the camera ready to download.  Generally,  I can't download these to the phone because they are too big.  (I have about 10GB free on my phone (Android). I have found that if I select the downloaded option TWICE then it shows all videos on my phone including on an SD card (if inserted). So I can edit from the SD card.  However,  the files on the SD card are just black without file names, (see screen grab).

Hi, djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience only the thumbnails can be displayed but not the file name when importing, I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). For your second inquiry, you may try to change the default storage location to the microSD card by following the steps below:

1. By default, photos/videos will be stored on the mobile phone’s local album.

•  Whether the mobile phone’s local album can be recognized depends on the identification logic of the mobile phone system.

•  If the local album cannot be recognized, please find the photo/video through the local file path in file management.

Internal storage/DJI/dji.mimo/Camera

2. Changing to the mobile phone’s microSD card (The mobile phone system supports must support changing.)

• Confirm that the Storage Permission has been enabled on the mobile phone’s Settings - Applications - Application Management - DJI Mimo - Permission.

• Open the mobile phone’s Settings - Storage - Default Storage Location, and change the default storage location to the microSD card.

3. The changed storage path will also be changed. The path is as follows:

sdcard/DJI/dji.mimo/Camera

Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 19:58
Hi, djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience only the thumbnails can be displayed but not the file name when importing, I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). For your second inquiry, you may try to change the default storage location to the microSD card by following the steps below:

1. By default, photos/videos will be stored on the mobile phone’s local album.

Thank you, I'll try changing the default storage location.
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX Posted at 11-23 23:37
Thank you, I'll try changing the default storage location.

Hi, djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX. You're welcome. We hope that will work. Please keep us posted. Safe travels!
2022-11-24
Use props
djiuser_YMFB4DTC94aX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I can't set the default storage for the whole phone (Samsung) to SD. I can only do it for individual apps that allow it (e.g the camera) and the Mimo app doesn't seem to have this option.  I'll look for other ways 'round this.
2022-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules