Will DJI Mini 3 Pro receive Europe’s CE C0 class homologation?
123Next >
24700 116 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danish_Giraffe
lvl.2
Denmark

Does anyone know DJI's official plans in relation to certification og the mini 3 pro.

Will it receive the c0-certification.
2023-8-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Danish_Giraffe Posted at 8-1 10:59
Does anyone know DJI's official plans in relation to certification og the mini 3 pro.

Will it receive the c0-certification.

Post nr 2 may be the most recent official answer we have for your question.
2023-8-1
Use props
Danish_Giraffe
lvl.2
Denmark

I just found this on the EASA website. Maybe someone from DJI can confirm this?

2023-8-10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Danish_Giraffe Posted at 8-10 01:45
I just found this on the EASA website. Maybe someone from DJI can confirm this?

[view_image]

Nice find.  This tends to confirm that DJI has already done what is necessary to certify the old models, and is not in a hurry to deliver them to customers to encourage them to buy the new models.  It's just a theory.

Do you have the original link please ?
2023-8-10
Use props
Danish_Giraffe
lvl.2
Denmark

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-10 02:15
Nice find.  This tends to confirm that DJI has already done what is necessary to certify the old models, and is not in a hurry to deliver them to customers to encourage them to buy the new models.  It's just a theory.

Do you have the original link please ?

Here you go

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/drones-regulatory-framework-background/open-category-civil-drones
2023-8-10
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

Is there any update from DJI about getting the C0 certification for DJI Mini 3?
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jonasm1990 Posted at 12-12 05:57
Is there any update from DJI about getting the C0 certification for DJI Mini 3?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you purchase your DJI Mini 3 before January 1, 2024, you will have two options:

Option 1: Apply for a C0 label and C0 firmware from January 2024 via a special DJI portal by providing photo proof of the drone’s serial number. They will then be restricted to an altitude of 120 meters from the take-off point.

Option 2: Continue to use the drone without any modifications and without the C0 label and C0 firmware.
2023-12-12
Use props
AliKat2023
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220259 ft
Spain

I'm currently bombarding EASA with e-mails about the M3P and the reclassification in January.

I live and fly in the Canary Islands which are mostly bird sanctuaries, nature reserves etc etc, so it's important to get it right (not to mention the military stuff they have hidden in various places), and I want to use the extended battery, landing rails and a LED fill light for use in and around caves which will take it out of c0.

Getting an exact answer from them is proving next to impossible. I'll let you know if I do get an answer but i'm not planning on holding my breath...
2023-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AliKat2023 Posted at 12-18 18:39
I'm currently bombarding EASA with e-mails about the M3P and the reclassification in January.

I live and fly in the Canary Islands which are mostly bird sanctuaries, nature reserves etc etc, so it's important to get it right (not to mention the military stuff they have hidden in various places), and I want to use the extended battery, landing rails and a LED fill light for use in and around caves which will take it out of c0.
What exactly are you expecting an answer to?  

The M3P falls into the legacy (article 20) drone category with a mass less than 250g which gives you access to the A1 category.  

The Spanish CAA has published a document on this subject.  If you add accessories, you go beyond the scope of article 20, so limited to category A3.  Simple!

https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/sites/default/files/Listado_Fabricantes.pdf

I'm not sure that "bombarding" an email address is the best way to get a response.
2023-12-19
Use props
AliKat2023
lvl.2
Spain

I intend to use Accessories,  as mentioned in my comment. This will take the drone over 250 grams, which will mean it's not in category c0 any more. So, i want to know exactly what the situation will be. (Edit: I need to find out about A2,and also whether classification is a permanent thing i.e. would i be able to just remove the accessories to fly a1 etc. With the fact that dji are going to be offering a c0 mod, does that mean it will be c1 or c2 with extras as it will still be under 500 grams?)

I have sent 6 emails over a 3 week period, which for me is bombardment. Obviously it isn't even close to harassment so i think i was making  a joke
2023-12-19
Use props
AliKat2023
lvl.2
Spain

I will still post their reply, because i think it would be good info for some users.
2023-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AliKat2023 Posted at 12-19 02:09
I intend to use Accessories,  as mentioned in my comment. This will take the drone over 250 grams, which will mean it's not in category c0 any more. So, i want to know exactly what the situation will be. (Edit: I need to find out about A2,and also whether classification is a permanent thing i.e. would i be able to just remove the accessories to fly a1 etc. With the fact that dji are going to be offering a c0 mod, does that mean it will be c1 or c2 with extras as it will still be under 500 grams?)

I have sent 6 emails over a 3 week period, which for me is bombardment. Obviously it isn't even close to harassment so i think i was making  a joke

C0 is not a category. It is a label which certifies consistency with the technical requirements allowing access to open category A1 and A3 without online examination conditions, only a registering of the remote pilot.

By adding accessories which bring the take-off weight to more than 250g, you go beyond the scope of article 20. Therefore you are locked in category A3, and you still have the obligation to register and take the online exam.
You will certainly have more success by contacting the local CAA:
Drones | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento (seguridadaerea.gob.es)

Even if the answer to your question is already clearly established:
Operaciones con UAS/Drones - Categoría abierta (subcategorías A1, A2 y A3) | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento (seguridadaerea.gob.es)

2023-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AliKat2023 Posted at 12-19 02:14
I will still post their reply, because i think it would be good info for some users.

There you will find the behavior to follow depending on where you are:
ENAIRE Drones

1.JPG
2023-12-19
Use props
AliKat2023
lvl.2
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-19 02:37
There you will find the behavior to follow depending on where you are:
ENAIRE Drones

[Image]

Thank you, that's what i read. I am registered and have a1/a3, and am planning on doing a2 as well.

Where i live, it's a small island, with most of it taken up by flight restrictions. I'm trying to work out the best way to see more of the island.  Thank you for you help...
2023-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AliKat2023 Posted at 12-19 08:02
Thank you, that's what i read. I am registered and have a1/a3, and am planning on doing a2 as well.

Where i live, it's a small island, with most of it taken up by flight restrictions. I'm trying to work out the best way to see more of the island.  Thank you for you help...

You know that you dont need to do A2 if you have a sub 250g legacy drone ? A1 allows you to do everything that A2 allows for C2 drone.
2023-12-19
Use props
AliKat2023
lvl.2
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-19 09:17
You know that you dont need to do A2 if you have a sub 250g legacy drone ? A1 allows you to do everything that A2 allows for C2 drone.

I know, I'm planning on investing on more equipment in the new year and it will be necessary
2023-12-19
Use props
vimo58
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-21 21:31
Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Our DJI Mini 3 Pro has been designed in line with the current draft C0 standards, which are due to be finalized in the future. We are currently conducting the certification test under these draft standards and, after being able to obtain a class identification label, will inform customers of how to certify their drones. At present, any drone under 250g is subject to the same rules and regulations regardless of whether or not it holds a class identification label, which is not yet available. Moreover, all DJI drones can be used in the Limited Open Category with certain restrictions until 31 December 2023 and beyond.
Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

I saw on the EASA website that the Mini 3 Pro is already on the list of C0 certified drones. So is everything OK with the C0 certification or do we need to wait for the procedure to attach the C0 logo to the drone?
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones-rpas/open-category-civil-drones
2023-12-23
Use props
nikonya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 527740 ft
Croatia

But why would you do that?
That means that you will be limiting yourself to max 120mt of flight hight instead of 500m you have right now. You will not loose anything if you keep your drone as it is now.
I know EU countries have 120m rule anyway but in some instances it is idiotic because it is valid even if you are flying in middle of nowhere and not endangering anyone.
2023-12-24
Use props
vimo58
lvl.1

Italy

nikonya Posted at 12-24 14:15
But why would you do that?
That means that you will be limiting yourself to max 120mt of flight hight instead of 500m you have right now. You will not loose anything if you keep your drone as it is now.
I know EU countries have 120m rule anyway but in some instances it is idiotic because it is valid even if you are flying in middle of nowhere and not endangering anyone.

Unfortunately, European rules provide a maximum of 120 m for the open category.
But that is not all. I believe there is also an insurance issue.
My insurance is valid if the MTOM is less than 250 gr.
But the Mini 3 Pro manual does not indicate the MTOM value, so in the event of an accident you could have problems with the insurance, while if the drone is marked C0 you should be fine.
As mentioned elsewhere on this blog, it appears that DJI has already taken steps to retroactively brand the Mini 3Pro as C0. What is missing is only the procedure to apply this marking to your drone. I imagine it will be made public starting in January, or at least I hope so.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

vimo58 Posted at 12-23 01:40
I saw on the EASA website that the Mini 3 Pro is already on the list of C0 certified drones. So is everything OK with the C0 certification or do we need to wait for the procedure to attach the C0 logo to the drone?
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones-rpas/open-category-civil-drones

Hi, I just reached the related team in regards to your concern. The Mini 3 Pro is currently not yet supported to apply for the C0 label. There is currently no relevant support information. After 2024, the Mini 3 Pro can still fly legally in the A1/A3 environment. Please pay attention to the DJI official website for updates. Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-25
Use props
djiuser_lCvWHmLvly5P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9921 ft
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 01:17
Hi, I just reached the related team in regards to your concern. The Mini 3 Pro is currently not yet supported to apply for the C0 label. There is currently no relevant support information. After 2024, the Mini 3 Pro can still fly legally in the A1/A3 environment. Please pay attention to the DJI official website for updates. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately in Italy the DJI Mini 3 Pro will not be able to fly in A1/A3 Thanks to that scandalous Enac, as they require the declared MTOM. as a result, the insurance will protect only the drones with MTOM declared by the manufacturer
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_lCvWHmLvly5P Posted at 12-25 10:25
Unfortunately in Italy the DJI Mini 3 Pro will not be able to fly in A1/A3 Thanks to that scandalous Enac, as they require the declared MTOM. as a result, the insurance will protect only the drones with MTOM declared by the manufacturer

We understand the inconvenience. Rest assured this matter was already forwarded to the related team for awareness. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-12-26
Use props
djiuser_T1cJ9TIqDF4U
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75669 ft

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 00:57
We understand the inconvenience. Rest assured this matter was already forwarded to the related team for awareness. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Please let us know as soon as you have an answer. Having an MTOM clearly stated in the manual could save us tons of headache here in Italy.

Thanks
2023-12-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_T1cJ9TIqDF4U Posted at 12-28 11:06
Please let us know as soon as you have an answer. Having an MTOM clearly stated in the manual could save us tons of headache here in Italy.

Thanks

Have you thought about getting together (Italian remote pilot), and making a formal request to your CAA to obtain an official response?

And in the case of a response that rules on the obligation of an MTOM to ask why?

Because many of you are coming and denounce this on the forum, but no one has yet provided an official statement that confirms or denies this...
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_lCvWHmLvly5P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9921 ft
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-28 12:45
Have you thought about getting together (Italian remote pilot), and making a formal request to your CAA to obtain an official response?

And in the case of a response that rules on the obligation of an MTOM to ask why?

The requests have been made, but the response times are very long. However, a few days after the publication of EASA, ENAC referred to art 20 of regulation 2019/947, the general interpretation that we pilots have given ourselves is that from January 1, 2024 DJI Mini 3 Pro, Mini 3 and Mini 2 cannot fly without a new MTOM declaration from DJI or a C0 retro-marking procedure.
2023-12-29
Use props
Fyase
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75669 ft

Italy

An MTOM declared for legacy drone would be the best thing to avoid the 120 m limit from take-off point.

In place with high mountain is a big concern.

2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fyase Posted at 12-30 00:52
An MTOM declared for legacy drone would be the best thing to avoid the 120 m limit from take-off point.

In place with high mountain is a big concern.

Legacy drones are not limited to 120m from the takeoff point.
2023-12-30
Use props
fanse84c9c93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 01:25

yeah, but they must have an mtmom (declared) <250g
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85748 ft
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 01:25

are you sure of that ? the Italian aviation regulation says that mini 3 should have the maximum altitude of 120m from ground
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_T1cJ9TIqDF4U Posted at 12-28 11:06

Thanks

Sorry about the inconvenience. Any updates will be announced officially from the DJI official website and usually on this forum site. Thank you for understanding.
2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

fanse84c9c93 Posted at 12-30 01:42
yeah, but they must have an mtmom (declared)

Once again, wait for an official response from the Italian CAA, post #65 of this thread. Because in texts 945 and 947, it is absolutely not mentioned that legacy drones must have a declared MTOM.

The Latvian CAA gave me a written answer regarding this question, a response which therefore only concerns the territory of Latvia. Legacy drones do not need MTOM declared in the manual. It is the responsibility of the remote pilot to comply with the maximum allowable per category, 250g and 25kg.
2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD Posted at 12-30 01:49
are you sure of that ? the Italian aviation regulation says that mini 3 should have the maximum altitude of 120m from ground

100% sure for Latvia.
For Italy please refer to post #65 and #71.
2023-12-30
Use props
fanse84c9c93
lvl.4
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 02:23
Once again, wait for an official response from the Italian CAA, post #65 of this thread. Because in texts 945 and 947, it is absolutely not mentioned that legacy drones must have a declared MTOM.

The Latvian CAA gave me a written answer regarding this question, a response which therefore only concerns the territory of Latvia. Legacy drones do not need MTOM declared in the manual. It is the responsibility of the remote pilot to comply with the maximum allowable per category, 250g and 25kg.

Article 20 of the regulation clearly indicates (in Annex A) that the aircraft must have a maximum take-off mass of less than 250g to fall into subcategory A1. It is true that here it is not expressly said that it must be declared, but article 22 gives the definition of MTOM as the maximum take-off mass defined by the manufacturer. But in many drones this is not defined at all.
2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

fanse84c9c93 Posted at 12-30 03:14
Article 20 of the regulation clearly indicates (in Annex A) that the aircraft must have a maximum take-off mass of less than 250g to fall into subcategory A1. It is true that here it is not expressly said that it must be declared, but article 22 gives the definition of MTOM as the maximum take-off mass defined by the manufacturer. But in many drones this is not defined at all.
article 22 is relative to the transition period for non-C label drones.

Edit : Ah ok definition Nr 22
But still, it is not written that it must appear somewhere. Contrary to the 945 where it is written that to get a C label, the mention of the MTOM is mandatory.

2023-12-30
Use props
fanse84c9c93
lvl.4
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 03:22
article 22 is relative to the transition period for non-C label drones.

Edit : Ah ok definition Nr 22

I agree with you, but this mtom (provided, stated, invented, written, pinned lol) must exist. However, for many drones it does not exist, except for the DJI mini 2 SE. for the other drones, DJI only indicated their weight, and not the maximum weight above which the drone would no longer be able to take off.
2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

fanse84c9c93 Posted at 12-30 03:55
I agree with you, but this mtom (provided, stated, invented, written, pinned lol) must exist. However, for many drones it does not exist, except for the DJI mini 2 SE. for the other drones, DJI only indicated their weight, and not the maximum weight above which the drone would no longer be able to take off.

"DJI only indicated their weight, and not the maximum weight"

Answer from the Latvian CAA, this weight has to be considered, instead of having MTOM statement.
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD
lvl.2
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 02:24
100% sure for Latvia.
For Italy please refer to post #65 and #71.

I think the maximum altitude for C0 drones in A1 scenario is the same in all the European country .
see the explanation video :
2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD Posted at 12-30 04:56
I think the maximum altitude for C0 drones in A1 scenario is the same in all the European country .
see the explanation video : https://youtu.be/alXYZ4wHTK8

i agree
What matter in this topic is the reference point.
-take off point
vs
-AGL (closest ground point...)
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD
lvl.2
Italy

the maximum altitude for A1 scenario si 120 from closest ground  point
2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD Posted at 12-30 05:27
the maximum altitude for A1 scenario si 120 from closest ground  point

Again, this is not the topic and it is not true.

The altitude is function of the area and the drone.
C0 -> from take off point
C1 and + and without label -> AGL
2023-12-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules