Will DJI Mini 3 Pro receive Europe’s CE C0 class homologation?
24716 116 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

DJI Tony Posted at 1-23 01:41
We understand. The larger battery (Intelligent Flight Battery Plus) would add approx. 40 grams to the Maximum Take-Off Mass (MTOM) of the DJI Mini 3 Pro and place it into the draft C1 class identification standard which would pose more restrictions on the use of the drone. DJI would like to avoid this scenario for the Mini series of our portfolio to appeal to a wider consumer base. However, if it is necessary for you, you may directly check with EASA for more details on how to register the drone. We always encourage our DJI Pilots to fly in accordance with local regulations. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.

Are you some sort of non conformist? All my life I have had to follow rules that might have seemed to be pointless by some but made sense to others. If somebody wants to take advantage of the advantages of owning a sub 250g drone why should they think that they should be able to break the basic premise?
2023-12-30
Use props
fanse84c9c93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 04:10
"DJI only indicated their weight, and not the maximum weight"

Answer from the Latvian CAA, this weight has to be considered, instead of having MTOM statement.

the dji mini 2 SE has the mtom declared by dji!
2023-12-30
Use props
Fyase
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75669 ft

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 02:23
Once again, wait for an official response from the Italian CAA, post #65 of this thread. Because in texts 945 and 947, it is absolutely not mentioned that legacy drones must have a declared MTOM.

The Latvian CAA gave me a written answer regarding this question, a response which therefore only concerns the territory of Latvia. Legacy drones do not need MTOM declared in the manual. It is the responsibility of the remote pilot to comply with the maximum allowable per category, 250g and 25kg.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32019R0947

here in article 20 there is a clear indication about legacy drone. the indication of MTOM is mandatory. ( drone placed on marked had then extended to 31/12/2023 )

2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Fyase Posted at 12-30 10:01
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32019R0947

here in article 20 there is a clear indication about legacy drone. the indication of MTOM is mandatory. ( drone placed on marked had then extended to 31/12/2023 )

Could you please highlight where is the mention “indication of the MTOM is mandatory”?

1.JPG

Even on the Italian version :
2.JPG
2023-12-30
Use props
Fyase
lvl.2

Italy

[quote]LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 10:10
Could you please highlight where is the mention “indication of the MTOM is mandatory”?

[url=forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&pid=3213454&ptid=279746][vi0ImLAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC[/img]

Maxiumum take-off mass is MTOM. In the manuals is only reported the take-off mass or take-off weight that are comparable ( TOM or TOW ).

Sounds similar but in aviation are very different terms, and in this case for the law as well.

2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fyase Posted at 12-30 10:49
[view_image]
Maxiumum take-off mass is MTOM. In the manuals are only reported the  take off mass or take of weight that are comparable ( TOM or TOW ).

From an aviation point of view I completely agree, but drone regulations are not there yet. At least the Latvian CAA validates it like that.
2023-12-30
Use props
Fyase
lvl.2

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 10:58
From an aviation point of view I completely agree, but drone regulations are not there yet. At least the Latvian CAA validates it like that.

Here in Italy Enac reported MTOM as in the law unfortunately for legacy drone...

I hope that DJI could update the manuals with the MTOM. It would be easy and almost free for them and great for us.

2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fyase Posted at 12-30 11:03
Here in Italy Enac reported MTOM as in the law unfortunately for legacy drone...

I hope that DJI could update the manuals with the MTOM. It would be easy and almost free for them and great for us.

You're not the first to report this, but where can we find the official statement?
2023-12-30
Use props
Fyase
lvl.2

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-30 11:08
You're not the first to report this, but where can we find the official statement?

https://www.enac.gov.it/sicurezza-aerea/droni/marcatura-di-classe

It's in Italian but you can translate easily.  It clearly state Maximum take-off weight.
2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fyase Posted at 12-30 15:22
https://www.enac.gov.it/sicurezza-aerea/droni/marcatura-di-classe

It's in Italian but you can translate easily.  It clearly state Maximum take-off weight.

Thank you, this is a copy and paste of law 947 article 20, it clearly states that at takeoff the maximum mass not to be exceeded is 250g for A1 and 25kg for A3.  

It's exactly like here in Latvia.  I still don't see where the manufacturer's obligation is to mention the MTOM.  

The subject interests me because I have students who regularly go to Italy and I know that they use minis to take photos to enhance their theses, I will write to ENAC on the basis of the internet page  that you provided and ask more detail.
2023-12-31
Use props
Fyase
lvl.2

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-31 01:15
Thank you, this is a copy and paste of law 947 article 20, it clearly states that at takeoff the maximum mass not to be exceeded is 250g for A1 and 25kg for A3.  

It's exactly like here in Latvia.  I still don't see where the manufacturer's obligation is to mention the MTOM.  

It clearly state that Enac consider a legacy drone in open category only if it's MTOM is below 250.

It's not oblige the manufacturer to declare it but if not, you cannot flight with a legacy drone anymore ( as legacy drone they call device on market before 31/12/23 without Cx label ).
2023-12-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fyase Posted at 12-31 02:26
It clearly state that Enac consider a legacy drone in open category only if it's MTOM is below 250.

It's not oblige the manufacturer to declare it but if not, you cannot flight with a legacy drone anymore ( as legacy drone they call device on market before 31/12/23 without Cx label ).

I wrote to them, we'll see what comes out of it.
2023-12-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fyase Posted at 2023-12-31 02:26
It clearly state that Enac consider a legacy drone in open category only if it's MTOM is below 250.

It's not oblige the manufacturer to declare it but if not, you cannot flight with a legacy drone anymore ( as legacy drone they call device on market before 31/12/23 without Cx label ).

I received a response from ENAC and it hurts my butt.

At least I know that it is not necessary to send colleagues there without declared MTOM, even they use "should be".

"
Goodmorning,

yes, the Maximum Take-Off Mass should be mentioned by the UAS Manufacturer, according to:
  • Particular provisions concerning the use of certain UAS in the ‘open’ category [Ref. art. 20 of Regulation (EU) 2019/947]
  • Definition of Maximum Take-Off Mass [Ref. GM1 Article 2(22) of Regulation (EU) 2019/947]

Best regards

--
Direzione Regolazione e Ricerca Mobilità InnovativaRegulation and Innovative Mobility Research Department

www.enac.gov.it

"

1-3 09:03
Use props
Fyase
lvl.2

Italy

For some drones, eq. mini 3, DJI already started to declare the MTOM in the manuals..

I guess it's just a matter of time to have it for mini 3 pro as well...
1-4 05:24
Use props
djiuser_67lhPKJLVF1b
New
Flight distance : 2221975 ft
Italy

Manual updated with MTOM declared downloadable in both English and Italian languages.
Thanks DJI
1-5 01:30
Use props
Fyase
lvl.2

Italy

Yeah....

Thanks DJI for this fix....

Happy flights everyone
1-5 03:03
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:44
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-12 23:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you purchase your DJI Mini 3 before January 1, 2024, you will have two options:

Option 1: Apply for a C0 label and C0 firmware from January 2024 via a special DJI portal by providing photo proof of the drone’s serial number. They will then be restricted to an altitude of 120 meters from the take-off point.

Hi,
Would there be any update about this subject?
There is almost nothing to find about when it will be possible.
Thanks
1-28 11:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jonasm1990 Posted at 1-28 11:03
Hi,
Would there be any update about this subject?
There is almost nothing to find about when it will be possible.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what DJI drone are you currently using? Also, please provide us a detailed inquiry about your issue so we can help you further. Please keep us posted.
1-30 01:19
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-30 01:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what DJI drone are you currently using? Also, please provide us a detailed inquiry about your issue so we can help you further. Please keep us posted.

Hi,
We use a mini 3 and the question is when we can apply for c0 label.
Thanks
1-30 11:52
Use props
IoBios
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221995 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-30 01:19

Hi,

Same question for me.

I have a DJI mini 3 pro ... When can i apply and where for a C0 EU certification.

The DJI MM3PRO is already in the list of C0 Drone  on the EASA web site. But we need the label and the proof.

EASA drone list
1-31 05:04
Use props
SebH Mini 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69642 ft
Belgium

jonasm1990 Posted at 1-30 11:52
Hi,
Thanks

Yes it IS possible. Thé demande on thé New version of Dji Fly IS operational
2-1 02:16
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

SebH Mini 3 Posted at 2-1 02:16
Yes it IS possible. Thé demande on thé New version of Dji Fly IS operational

Hi,Thanks! I found it under "service"

Here is a link for more information, on the website of DJI I can't find much about it
https://www.dronewatch.nl/2024/01/31/dji-komt-met-c1-upgrade-voor-mini-4-pro/
2-1 04:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jonasm1990 Posted at 1-30 11:52
Hi,
Thanks

Hi there. Did you purchase your unit in 2023 or 2024? Please keep us posted.
2-1 20:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

IoBios Posted at 1-31 05:04
Hi,

Same question for me.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please rest assured that your drone can fly compliantly in A1 and A3 environments and does not need to apply for a Cx label. Hope this helps.
2-1 20:16
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-1 20:14
Hi there. Did you purchase your unit in 2023 or 2024? Please keep us posted.

Hi,
The UAS is bought in 2023.
Since yesterday we could apply for the C1 label with Remote ID activated but we would prefer C0 with remote ID activated
2-2 05:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jonasm1990 Posted at 2-2 05:30
Hi,
The UAS is bought in 2023.
Since yesterday we could apply for the C1 label with Remote ID activated but we would prefer C0 with remote ID activated

Thank you for the information provided. We are in the process of confirming with the regulatory authorities, as of now, there is no related information available. Please stay tuned to the official website for any updates. If you already performed a C0 removal before, please note that we don't have the option to re-apply for the C0 label again. Lastly, please note that the DJI Mini 3 drone does not meet the requirements of C1 regulations and cannot obtain a C1 label. Hope this clarifies your query. Have a wonderful day ahead.
2-3 23:02
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-3 23:02
Thank you for the information provided. We are in the process of confirming with the regulatory authorities, as of now, there is no related information available. Please stay tuned to the official website for any updates. If you already performed a C0 removal before, please note that we don't have the option to re-apply for the C0 label again. Lastly, please note that the DJI Mini 3 drone does not meet the requirements of C1 regulations and cannot obtain a C1 label. Hope this clarifies your query. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Hi,
Thank you for your answer but with the DJI Mini 4 Pro en DJI Mini 3 it is possible to apply for a C1 label.
We did this already and are waiting for our labels.
2-5 02:32
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jonasm1990 Posted at 2-5 02:32
Hi,
Thank you for your answer but with the DJI Mini 4 Pro en DJI Mini 3 it is possible to apply for a C1 label.
We did this already and are waiting for our labels.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. The DJI Mini 3 can only apply for a C0 label. The C1 label does not apply to this unit. Please provide us with some screenshots so we can check it further.
2-5 04:56
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-5 04:56
Hi there. Thank you for your response. The DJI Mini 3 can only apply for a C0 label. The C1 label does not apply to this unit. Please provide us with some screenshots so we can check it further.

Hi,
If I now check under Service it says that we applies for C0 instead of C1.
But when we filled in the form we could only choose C1 so I think there was something wrong with the application form but it is fixed now .
Thanks
2-14 00:18
Use props
kohlia
lvl.2
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-5 04:56
Hi there. Thank you for your response. The DJI Mini 3 can only apply for a C0 label. The C1 label does not apply to this unit. Please provide us with some screenshots so we can check it further.
I've tried today to have the CO homologation. The software propose C1 for a dji mini 3... That's make no sense

At the bottom it clearly said "the C1 label will be shipped around 20 working day"

My drone software and rc application are up to date, the serial number is good, why it's propose me a C1 label for my Dji mini 3 ???
DSC_0566~2.JPG
2-14 14:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jonasm1990 Posted at 2-14 00:18
Hi,
If I now check under Service it says that we applies for C0 instead of C1.
But when we filled in the form we could only choose C1 so I think there was something wrong with the application form but it is fixed now .

You are very much welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support!
2-16 02:56
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kohlia Posted at 2-14 14:27
I've tried today to have the CO homologation. The software propose C1 for a dji mini 3... That's make no sense

At the bottom it clearly said "the C1 label will be shipped around 20 working day"

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Are you using an RC with a mobile device (without the built-in screen)? If yes, kindly please try to reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and check whether the issue persists. If you are using the DJI RC, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller and try again. Please keep us posted.
2-16 02:58
Use props
kohlia
lvl.2
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-16 02:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Are you using an RC with a mobile device (without the built-in screen)? If yes, kindly please try to reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and check whether the issue persists. If you are using the DJI RC, please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller and try again. Please keep us posted.

I Thanks to helping me. I have a DJI RC so i download on my computer Dji assistant 2 (consumer V 2.1.20).

- Absolutly no problem for refreshing my Rc software V 01.03.1200

- Some difficulties to connect my Dji mini 3, not recognized at beginning, but i manage to succeed.
the refresh process show 100% done but no return to main menu like when i update the Rc, instead of i have a message saying it can not recognize the drone firmware.

I cannot do more, i've try to restart dji Assistant but now totally impossible to recognized my drone anymore Good new the software seems to be no corrupted ,no problem to start my drone and at first glance no problem tousing it. When i check the software version of the drone with my RC it show the same as precedent V01.00.0410. Do the refreshing of the software worked, i supposed but not sure. I hope in the future i can update my drone with my RC application because i don't seem to can connect him on my computer.

Concerning my main issue, after all that i try to get a C0 label. same message as before "the C1 label will be shipped"

For a DJI mini 3...
2-16 13:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kohlia Posted at 2-16 13:08
I Thanks to helping me. I have a DJI RC so i download on my computer Dji assistant 2 (consumer V 2.1.20).

- Absolutly no problem for refreshing my Rc software V 01.03.1200

Thank you for keeping us posted, kohlia and we're sorry for this inconvenience. Regarding your issue about the C0 label, we will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will surely keep you posted once we receive an update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2-17 01:52
Use props
djiuser_xerRfTRJdn3j
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
Do I need to register my MINI 3 Pro to fly in Norway?
Thanks
Paul
4-6 12:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_xerRfTRJdn3j Posted at 4-6 12:11
Hi,
Do I need to register my MINI 3 Pro to fly in Norway?
Thanks

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please rest assured that your drone can fly compliantly in A1 and A3 environments and does not need to apply for Cx label. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your valued support.
4-6 20:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules