Will DJI Mini 3 Pro receive Europe’s CE C0 class homologation?
123Next >
23971 116 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brrrtttt
New

Italy

Hi, I want to buy the mini 3 pro, but before to do it I want to be sure if (or when) the C0 homologation will be available for this drone.
Thanks
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Our DJI Mini 3 Pro has been designed in line with the current draft C0 standards, which are due to be finalized in the future. We are currently conducting the certification test under these draft standards and, after being able to obtain a class identification label, will inform customers of how to certify their drones. At present, any drone under 250g is subject to the same rules and regulations regardless of whether or not it holds a class identification label, which is not yet available. Moreover, all DJI drones can be used in the Limited Open Category with certain restrictions until 31 December 2023 and beyond.
Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It doesn't matter for the Mini 3,   after the drone becomes legacy it can still fly exactly the same as during the transition.  
2022-11-22
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902126 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-21 21:31
Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Our DJI Mini 3 Pro has been designed in line with the current draft C0 standards, which are due to be finalized in the future. We are currently conducting the certification test under these draft standards and, after being able to obtain a class identification label, will inform customers of how to certify their drones. At present, any drone under 250g is subject to the same rules and regulations regardless of whether or not it holds a class identification label, which is not yet available. Moreover, all DJI drones can be used in the Limited Open Category with certain restrictions until 31 December 2023 and beyond.
Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Hey ! Thanks for the information ! Do I need to register somewhere to get information that you can already get a sticker and not miss this event?
2023-1-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Sergejs Mikusa Posted at 1-9 10:15
Hey ! Thanks for the information ! Do I need to register somewhere to get information that you can already get a sticker and not miss this event?

As Daflys wrote, the C0 label is useless. The mini 3 Pro is less than 250g and its horizontal speed is less than 19m/s.
Even without a label, it will always be allowed to fly it in A1. In accordance with the law as it is currently written.
So for now no worries.
2023-1-9
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-9 10:28
As Daflys wrote, the C0 label is useless. The mini 3 Pro is less than 250g and its horizontal speed is less than 19m/s.
Even without a label, it will always be allowed to fly it in A1. In accordance with the law as it is currently written.
So for now no worries.

Yes thank you ! But it’s always calmer when everything is in order with your documents and other things, so thanks to the license I sent someone to a well-known place who didn’t like that I was flying, while I didn’t violate anything. So if it's possible, I'll be happy to stick this label on as I did with my Mavic 3
2023-1-9
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Everything IS in order for sub-250g-drones.
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sergejs Mikusa Posted at 1-9 10:15

You are most welcome. As of posting, there is no further information regarding the registration. We suggest you stay tuned in our DJI Official Website for official announcements. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a nice day!
2023-1-9
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sergejs Mikusa Posted at 1-9 11:06
Yes thank you ! But it’s always calmer when everything is in order with your documents and other things, so thanks to the license I sent someone to a well-known place who didn’t like that I was flying, while I didn’t violate anything. So if it's possible, I'll be happy to stick this label on as I did with my Mavic 3

Everything is fine, so the question again, what more could you want...?     
2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 1-9 23:05
Everything is fine, so the question again, what more could you want...?

Perhaps he likes red tape and more confusion some people are like that it appears
2023-1-10
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 1-9 22:08
You are most welcome. As of posting, there is no further information regarding the registration. We suggest you stay tuned in our DJI Official Website for official announcements. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a nice day!

Hello, may be did you have any idea to certificated this drone in category C1 so that it can be used with intelligent battery plus, because Mini 3 Pro will be little heavy 245gr.

It would be great if this Mini could fly in both categories C0 and C1 at once, I would be happy to use the battery for 49 minutes everywhere.   

I will be glad to your answer
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sergejs Mikusa Posted at 1-20 10:40
Hello, may be did you have any idea to certificated this drone in category C1 so that it can be used with intelligent battery plus, because Mini 3 Pro will be little heavy 245gr.

It would be great if this Mini could fly in both categories C0 and C1 at once, I would be happy to use the battery for 49 minutes everywhere.   

We understand. The larger battery (Intelligent Flight Battery Plus) would add approx. 40 grams to the Maximum Take-Off Mass (MTOM) of the DJI Mini 3 Pro and place it into the draft C1 class identification standard which would pose more restrictions on the use of the drone. DJI would like to avoid this scenario for the Mini series of our portfolio to appeal to a wider consumer base. However, if it is necessary for you, you may directly check with EASA for more details on how to register the drone. We always encourage our DJI Pilots to fly in accordance with local regulations. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.
2023-1-23
Use props
DominoDoggy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 948123 ft
United States

I'm just going to point out how ridiculous it sounds to reclassify a drone because of a 40 gram increase, for the same drone with the same capabilities but weighs 40 grams more. That's ridiculous, you know, to everyone else in the world. Every once in a while it's important to point a finger and tell governments how ridiculous they are with their rules.
2023-3-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DominoDoggy Posted at 3-13 11:25
I'm just going to point out how ridiculous it sounds to reclassify a drone because of a 40 gram increase, for the same drone with the same capabilities but weighs 40 grams more. That's ridiculous, you know, to everyone else in the world. Every once in a while it's important to point a finger and tell governments how ridiculous they are with their rules.

It's actually not that ridiculous.  The masses have not been decided in the lottery.  
This is the results of experiments carried out to find out what the level of injury caused by an object in free fall would be.  
Then at maximum horizontal speed.  

40g at 19m/s represents about 7J.  It's the power of a small air rifle to give you an idea.  

It's not much, but it is needed to put the limit somewhere.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_blN0guBVNWxH
lvl.1

Poland

Where can i find the declaration of MTOM of Mini 3 Pro or Mini 3? All i see is the information about TOM.
2023-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2MUC6mrXJWYw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95125 ft
Poland

djiuser_blN0guBVNWxH Posted at 4-8 10:22
Where can i find the declaration of MTOM of Mini 3 Pro or Mini 3? All i see is the information about TOM.

I wanted to ask the same thing. Can someone declare what is the MTOM of DJI Mini 3 Pro?
2023-4-25
Use props
Kunzite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2009432 ft
Poland

Well, here DJI could clearly say. Yes, the mini 3 does not need a C0 class, but in order to continue flying in 7 months, it must have the MTOM clearly stated in the manual. EASA doesn't care about the TOM value.
2023-5-13
Use props
Priad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 747700 ft
Hungary

Dear DJI!

Time is running, and the first half of 2023 is almost in the past.

Can someone officially gave some information about  the C0 classification of DJI Mini 3 PRO?

What will we do after 2024.01.01 with the machine?
2023-6-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Priad Posted at 6-7 02:42
Dear DJI!

Time is running, and the first half of 2023 is almost in the past.

"What will we do after 2024.01.01 with the machine?"

The same as before 2024.01.01.
2023-6-7
Use props
Priad
lvl.2
Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-7 03:43
"What will we do after 2024.01.01 with the machine?"

The same as before 2024.01.01.

Ok, but jokes aside, we paid around 1500€ for the machine, batteries, remote etc,
and if i want to use it anywhere near a city, i cannot after 2024.01.01. if i'm right.

The newer Mini 2 SE have an MTOM statement in its manual now, which makes it better usable
after the deadline, for half the price we paid, and the Mini 3 Pro will be priceless, if its stays like this.

Not too bright future.

2023-6-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Priad Posted at 6-7 10:48
Ok, but jokes aside, we paid around 1500€ for the machine, batteries, remote etc,
and if i want to use it anywhere near a city, i cannot after 2024.01.01. if i'm right.

For the mini 3 pro this will not change anything.
-less than 250g
-purchased before 01/01/2024

Open Category - Civil Drones | EASA (europa.eu)

1.JPG
2023-6-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

And for those who are going to tell me, TOW, MTOM, blah blah...

Refer to the EASA FAQ which specifies the case of the Mavic Mini. As well as the manual of the same Mavic Mini.

Drones (UAS) | EASA (europa.eu)

1.JPG

Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.2_enI.pdf (djicdn.com)

2.JPG

The notion of MTOM appears for requests for C label certifications.

2023-6-7
Use props
Priad
lvl.2
Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-7 11:02
And for those who are going to tell me, TOW, MTOM, blah blah...

Refer to the EASA FAQ which specifies the case of the Mavic Mini. As well as the manual of the same Mavic Mini.

Yep, for the mini, but nothing for the Mini3 currently.
I know its weight is less than 250g, but in Hungary, the authorities doesn't give a ... about weight,
they say EASA uses MTOM, and because "theoretically" there are a lot of
accessories available for the Mini3, its weight could exceed the 250g limits.

I know its bull..., but thats the current reality for us here....
2023-6-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Priad Posted at 6-7 23:45
I know its weight is less than 250g, but in Hungary, the authorities doesn't give a ... about weight,

Write to your CAA, it will be simpler.

Then please share the answer with us
2023-6-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Priad Posted at 6-7 23:45

Well everything is fine, you can still ask them the question but the rule is the same in Hungary as elsewhere.

1.JPG
2023-6-8
Use props
Priad
lvl.2
Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-8 00:35
Well everything is fine, you can still ask them the question but the rule is the same in Hungary as elsewhere.

[view_image]

Currently, Because there is no official MTOM is declared by DJI,
Mini 3 will be operable under A3 after 2024.01.01.
(by EASA)

Or i am missing something?

2023-6-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Priad Posted at 6-8 04:52
Currently, Because there is no official MTOM is declared by DJI,
Mini 3 will be operable under A3 after 2024.01.01.
(by EASA)

You must ask your CAA to get a correct answer.  Here the answer is that it is up to the operator to know if the drone weighs more than 250g or not.  For drone purchased before 01/2024.  that's it.
2023-6-8
Use props
Priad
lvl.2
Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-8 05:06
You must ask your CAA to get a correct answer.  Here the answer is that it is up to the operator to know if the drone weighs more than 250g or not.  For drone purchased before 01/2024.  that's it.

Ok, I try there!
2023-6-8
Use props
djiuser_1Xk6LosBlijC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2060043 ft
Poland

Hello, I have a question if I will be able to fly this drone in 2024 with A1/A2/A3/ From what I've read, even drones under 250g will have to be classed. And the mini 3 pro has no class at the moment.
2023-7-11
Use props
FIRSST
lvl.1

Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-9 10:28
So for now no worries.

In Poland, due to the lack of specification of the total weight, mini drones (dji, Autel) are treated as drones over 250gr. Therefore, it is not known what their fate will be in 2024.
2023-7-20
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Does m3p have c0 Class aleeady?
What abolutnie mini3?
2023-7-20
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

DominoDoggy Posted at 3-13 11:25
I'm just going to point out how ridiculous it sounds to reclassify a drone because of a 40 gram increase, for the same drone with the same capabilities but weighs 40 grams more. That's ridiculous, you know, to everyone else in the world. Every once in a while it's important to point a finger and tell governments how ridiculous they are with their rules.

The only thing that is ridiculous is your answer.
2023-7-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FIRSST Posted at 7-20 03:30
In Poland, due to the lack of specification of the total weight, mini drones (dji, Autel) are treated as drones over 250gr. Therefore, it is not known what their fate will be in 2024.

Guys cite your sources before writing things that contribute to misinformation. I regularly fly drones in Poland. The law can be found here:

Kategoria Otwarta - informacje - ULC

And things are clear:

Drony, którymi można wykonywać operację w kategorii „otwartej”
Drony, którymi można wykonywać operacje w kategorii „otwartej”, muszą spełniać następujące warunki:
• Należą do jednej z klas określonych w rozporządzeniu delegowanym (UE) 2019/945 lub zostały skonstruowane do użytku własnego;
• Mają masę startową mniejszą niż 25kg;
• Zostały wprowadzone do obrotu przed dniem 1 stycznia 2024 r.:
a) w podkategorii A1 masa BSP nie przekracza 250g z obciążeniem,
b) w podkategorii A3 masa BSP nie przekracza 25kg wraz z paliwem i obciążeniem użytkowym.
Do 31 grudnia 2023 r. obowiązują przepisy przejściowe, które umożliwiają wykonywanie lotów w kategorii otwartej dronami bez nadanej klasy, na określonych zasadach.

1.JPG

I don't even need to do the translation, everyone understood, the law is the same as in the rest of Europe.

Maybe you have a more reliable source than the CAA, and more recent. If so, please share.

2023-7-20
Use props
Kunzite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2009432 ft
Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 7-20 10:09
Guys cite your sources before writing things that contribute to misinformation. I regularly fly drones in Poland. The law can be found here:

Kategoria Otwarta - informacje - ULC

Sorry but you are showing a very old presentation. I sent an inquiry to the Polish Civil Aviation Authority on this matter and received the same answer as someone provided above: if the drone does not have the MTOM specified and the manufacturer allows additional accessories for it that increase the weight of the drone, it follows that the MTOM of such a drone is greater than 250 g. And the matter would be solved by one small word in the manual "maximum". I talk to many people and for some time people have doubts whether to buy a mini 3 / mini 3 pro since their future is not clear. DJI keeps people in suspense, it hurts itself
2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Kunzite Posted at 7-25 10:54
Sorry but you are showing a very old presentation. I sent an inquiry to the Polish Civil Aviation Authority on this matter and received the same answer as someone provided above: if the drone does not have the MTOM specified and the manufacturer allows additional accessories for it that increase the weight of the drone, it follows that the MTOM of such a drone is greater than 250 g. And the matter would be solved by one small word in the manual "maximum". I talk to many people and for some time people have doubts whether to buy a mini 3 / mini 3 pro since their future is not clear. DJI keeps people in suspense, it hurts itself

In this case, answer to the Polish Civil Aviation Authority asking them to update their website. Because the "very old presentation" is the one that is still on the official site today.

But I think like many people you confuse "<250g, self build, or put on the market before 01/2023" and "<250g, put on the market after 01/2023"
2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Kunzite Posted at 7-25 10:54

Dear comrade, I will even add that the Polish CAA are not puppets, they mention when they update the publications and the one I share dates from 07/13/2023. We are on 07/25/2023.

I don't know what the notion of "very old" is in your village, but I respect it.

1.JPG

2023-7-25
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780548 ft
Netherlands

The intelligent flight battery is not available in Europe (to my knowledge). It is also not in the interest of DJI to have a drone heavier than 250 grams.

We are in EASA Airspace, and every country has the same rules. Except for some local authorities. Often the different maximum heights. The classifications are the same for every country.
The drone manufacturers are working on the transition, and I think that when the drone has old firmware without remote-id and C classification, you can fly with it until it is broken under the old rules.
When you upgrade, you will fall under the new C classification, with all the rules that are part of that. Until then, the old laws are still applicable.

2023-7-26
Use props
sagit_pl
New
Poland

I know UK is not in EU but they have similar regulation with class etc. and in CAP722 document called:
Unmanned Aircraft System Operations in UK
Airspace – Policy and Guidance
in chapter 2.2.1.4 it explain how to interpret MTOM and TOM
Privately built UA, and some off the shelf UA do not have a MTOM defined. In this case,
the mass of the aircraft at the time of take-off should be used instead, when interpreting
the term ‘MTOM’ within the regulation.

I think it should be similar in EU
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_E1a2JmpLtRgs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 961558 ft
Poland

I'm afraid that the way DJI works leaves no illusions. We will be left alone. Either you buy a Mini4 or you fly a C3.
I was going to buy a FlyMore Combo set but until I know if I will be able to fly from January 2024, I'm waiting ...
2023-7-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_E1a2JmpLtRgs Posted at 7-31 06:30
I'm afraid that the way DJI works leaves no illusions. We will be left alone. Either you buy a Mini4 or you fly a C3.
I was going to buy a FlyMore Combo set but until I know if I will be able to fly from January 2024, I'm waiting ...

I must be on the wrong Polish CAA website.
Do you have a link to the official statement which says that after 01/2024, legacy drone <250g <19m/s are prohibited from A1?
2023-7-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules