Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any reason to get the RC if I already have a Mini 2 and its RC?
933 16 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skatin_Tater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 433173 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm contemplating diving into the Mini 3 Pro experience, and am just wondering if it's worth it getting the DJI RC.

My other thought would be save the money, use the RC from my Mini 2, and use the savings for more batteries.

Any thoughts/experiences/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2022-11-21
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

I think most people here prefer the RC.
I opted for the RC-N1, which should be the same as your Mini 2 controller. I think its more preference, with pros and cons for each. My main reason that I didn't go with the RC was having to connect/tether to your phone WiFi.
2022-11-21
Use props
Skatin_Tater
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Beta5K Posted at 11-21 13:41
I think most people here prefer the RC.
I opted for the RC-N1, which should be the same as your Mini 2 controller. I think its more preference, with pros and cons for each. My main reason that I didn't go with the RC was having to connect/tether to your phone WiFi.

That is the one nice thing about the RC that I'm considering. It would be nice to not need a phone every time...

2022-11-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are thinking of getting flyaway cover on the Mini 3 pro then read up on the complications that that would bring if you have only the one controller.
In the absence of flyaway cover and its bindings swapping the controller  RC-N1/RC231 between the two drones should be a "piece of cake" but note, each time you swap drone you will have to link the controller to the 'new' drone.
2022-11-21
Use props
Gusdog
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I also sold my mini 2 to buy a mini 3 pro, I certainly don't regret it.
The RC is a big reason for the lack of regret. Get one if possible
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Skatin_Tater. Thank you for reaching out and for your attention toward DJI products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs on the basis of DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging it. Less one device to be carried when you decide to fly. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience. We hope that other DJI users can share their experiences as well with DJI RC. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitly get the DJI RC its great.
2022-11-22
Use props
ElleKN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

I am using the RC and are very happy with it. Although I do not have the RC-N1 controller, I like that I do not need my phone to fly the drone. And it is said to be much (!!!) better when flying in sunlight.
2022-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can, get it with the RC.  So nice that I do not need my phone tied up while flying my drone.  Much quicker to get in the air and get flying with the RC.  
2022-11-22
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-22 05:26
If you can, get it with the RC.  So nice that I do not need my phone tied up while flying my drone.  Much quicker to get in the air and get flying with the RC.

I don't have the RC version but don't you need to tether the RC to your phone through WiFi to get the map updated?
2022-11-22
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beta5K Posted at 11-22 07:34
I don't have the RC version but don't you need to tether the RC to your phone through WiFi to get the map updated?

You can pre-cache the maps at home or local WiFi if you know the area you will be flying at. Just zoom in till you get street names. But only that specific map area is cached, not all maps or areas are cached which is important.
2022-11-22
Use props
Skatin_Tater
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like I need to get the RC.
2022-11-22
Use props
Element115
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

I find that the RC-N1 has better range than RC.
2022-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Beta5K Posted at 11-22 07:34

You can tether the RC to your mobile device or pre-cache the maps for the area you are going to fly at in advance.  I haven't had any issues doing the pre-cache method.  
2022-11-22
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-22 11:24
You can tether the RC to your mobile device or pre-cache the maps for the area you are going to fly at in advance.  I haven't had any issues doing the pre-cache method.

This was something I was trying to get an answer for back in June/July. I guess no one knew then since no one responded to my question. I was hoping pre-cache was an option at the time.
Ended up going with the RC-N1 and using the money saved on the FMC.
2022-11-22
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I'm concerned about the range of the DJI RC, but I also have my RCN1 from the Mini 2 that I drowned.

Now I'm wondering how I can swap the binding for Care Refresh Flyaway coverage.

EDIT: a sales assistant told me that the controller binding can be swapped easily enough,  but you have to remember to do all the work prior to flying.

2022-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Beta5K Posted at 11-22 13:40
This was something I was trying to get an answer for back in June/July. I guess no one knew then since no one responded to my question. I was hoping pre-cache was an option at the time.
Ended up going with the RC-N1 and using the money saved on the FMC.

I had seen it in a video.  I think it was one of GavinHRs videos.  Otherwise I would have never figured it out I'm sure.  

At least you used the extra money to get the FMC.  
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules