RC Signal Interference
4458 11 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tien Vu
New
Flight distance : 2208901 ft
Vietnam

Just bought Mavic 3 Classic 4 days, first flight always appeared " RC Signal Interference". So i can not fly over 300m as my mini 3 drone.
I've contacted with seller, they asked me change the signal from Auto to 5.8Ghz band. The Mavic 3 can fly farther however it's really not comfortable for buying the new drone like this.
Please help me to solve this problem
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Tien Vu. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured.

1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

DJI RC:

RC-N1:

4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.

5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. Or provide a screenshot or a recorded video to for us to see significant interference. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.

If the issue persists after following the steps above, kindly provide us a video of the operation together with the screenshot of the About page showing the RC firmware, Aircraft firmware, and App version. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support,
2022-11-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Interference is very common in cities.
Have you tried flying in another area, well away from sources of interference?
2022-11-22
Use props
Tien Vu
New
Flight distance : 2208901 ft
Vietnam

Labroides Posted at 11-22 02:27

I'm using 3 type of drones from DJI- Mavic 3, Mini 3 Pro, and Mavic 3 Classic. At the same place, the same remote controller, they had nothing happend like Mavic 3 Classic.
I've already taken the drone to store in order to make warranty. Now waiting them approving change the new one for me
2022-11-22
Use props
j3rome0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186184 ft
United States

Does anybody know if I could possibly have lost gps connection issues if I fly close to this antenna?  I will be starting my Air 2s flight path about 400 feet away from the antenna.  The antenna is on a dmv site and I'm assuming it's for radio communications.
2022-12-6
Use props
jacowolmarans
lvl.2
South Africa

Labroides Posted at 2022-11-22 02:27

I am having the exact same issue. Flying the MC3 over the sea, I get the transmission issue warning at 800m. dji support have advised me to send the drone back, since it is still under warranty, but that would be very costly for me - I have to pay for the shipping from South Africa back to the US, and then pay VAT again if the unit is replaced. Not viable, not to mention not being able to use the bird for my work.

@dji, there must be a better solution?
2023-8-8
Use props
jacowolmarans
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-11-22 01:30
Hi, Tien Vu. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured.

1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.

Please confirm - the best transmission on the RC controller is by keeping the device horizontal, pointing towards the aircraft? Not vertical? The sketch above shows holding it flat. I assume that means the internal antenna points or transmits best with the RC held parallel to the ground if the drone is far away - ie the body of the RC is held in an extended line to the aircraft?
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jacowolmarans Posted at 8-8 21:18
Please confirm - the best transmission on the RC controller is by keeping the device horizontal, pointing towards the aircraft? Not vertical? The sketch above shows holding it flat. I assume that means the internal antenna points or transmits best with the RC held parallel to the ground if the drone is far away - ie the body of the RC is held in an extended line to the aircraft?

Hi, jacowolmarans. For the DJI RC, please refer to the photo below:

It should be pointing towards the drone. Also, there shouldn't be any abstractions for the best transmission range.
2023-8-12
Use props
jacowolmarans
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-12 07:09
Hi, jacowolmarans. For the DJI RC, please refer to the photo below:
[view_image]
It should be pointing towards the drone. Also, there shouldn't be any abstractions for the best transmission range.

Thanks Gamora, I do hold it like that, and I make sure it is pointed at the aircraft. There are no obstructions where I fly - from the beach out of the sea. I managed on my last flight to get to 2.8km without warnings about poor reception, which was unusual. Normally I don't get beyond 800-1200m before I get the warnings and the aircraft becomes uncontrollable and wanting to RTH by itself.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jacowolmarans Posted at 8-23 06:05
Thanks Gamora, I do hold it like that, and I make sure it is pointed at the aircraft. There are no obstructions where I fly - from the beach out of the sea. I managed on my last flight to get to 2.8km without warnings about poor reception, which was unusual. Normally I don't get beyond 800-1200m before I get the warnings and the aircraft becomes uncontrollable and wanting to RTH by itself.

Thank you for your reponse, jacowolmarans. We're glad that the connection improved after you positioned the antenna of your RC properly to gain a better signal. Please try to have a test flight in an open area without any possible interference and have a strong GPS signal then check if you still experience the connection issue. Feel free to contact us if you encounter the same issue again so we can help you further. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2023-9-2
Use props
jacowolmarans
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-2 18:33
Thank you for your reponse, jacowolmarans. We're glad that the connection improved after you positioned the antenna of your RC properly to gain a better signal. Please try to have a test flight in an open area without any possible interference and have a strong GPS signal then check if you still experience the connection issue. Feel free to contact us if you encounter the same issue again so we can help you further. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!

Thanks but I sold the drone and bought the Mavic 3 Pro. I still have to test it over distance to see.
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jacowolmarans Posted at 9-22 20:42
Thanks but I sold the drone and bought the Mavic 3 Pro. I still have to test it over distance to see.

Thank you for your update, Jacob. Should you have other inquiries or concerns about your new drone, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead and happy flying!
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules