Advanced gimbal settings 'cine' mode wong.
1526 13 2022-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

I remember I saw a similar post, but cannot find it. I was just trying to change the advanced gimbal settings when in vine mode. All of the settings I tried had no effect.

However when flying in cine mode, the settings for normal mode are effective.

So it seems the normal mode settings affect both normal and cine mode.
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI. Thank you for reaching out. Cine mode is actually based on Normal mode with a limited flight speed, making the aircraft more stable during shooting. For the Advance Gimbal Settings, if you're pertaining to the settings under the Control tab, it is now named Gain&Expo Tuning. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 00:57
Hello, djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI. Thank you for reaching out. Cine mode is actually based on Normal mode with a limited flight speed, making the aircraft more stable during shooting. For the Advance Gimbal Settings, if you're pertaining to the settings under the Control tab, it is now named Gain&Expo Tuning. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of that, however under 'settings' there are 3 tabs (cine, normal and sport)
The problem is that the setting on the cine tab does not work for cine mode.
And the settings in the normal tab affect cine mode.
This is clearly a bug.

Reproduce:
Set slide switch to cine
Set pitch and yaw speed to slow in the cine tab and check behaviour.
Now set pitch and yaw speed to fast in cine tab and check behaviour - > no difference.

Now do the same in the 'normal' tab (but with the slide switch still in cine mode) - > setting affects behaviour.

So settings for cine mode do not work and settings for normal mode affect cine mode.
2022-11-22
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI Posted at 11-22 04:55
Thanks for your reply. I am aware of that, however under 'settings' there are 3 tabs (cine, normal and sport)
The problem is that the setting on the cine tab does not work for cine mode.

Are you talking about this problem?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D779%26typeid%3D779
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 11-22 05:25
Are you talking about this problem?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=277732&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D779%26typeid%3D779

This was indeed the problem I was referring to. But if I remember correctly I also saw it with rotation speed, while you mentioned that rotation speed worked as expected.

In my case OA was also set to bypass mode. (I did not check in brake mode)
2022-11-22
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI Posted at 11-22 05:55
This was indeed the problem I was referring to. But if I remember correctly I also saw it with rotation speed, while you mentioned that rotation speed worked as expected.

In my case OA was also set to bypass mode. (I did not check in brake mode)

There are no problems with rotation, only with the tilt of the camera.
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI Posted at 11-22 04:55
The problem is that the setting on the cine tab does not work for cine mode.

Hello, djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI. Thank you for explaining the situation. We apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by the gimbal parameter’s default logic. After takeoff, if the obstacle avoidance behavior is set to “Bypass” (APAS), even if the remote controller is switched to Cine mode, the gimbal parameters correspond to parameters in Normal mode. We recommend that you adjust the gimbal parameter setting in a non-Normal mode in non-APAS mode. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-11-23
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

I missed one moment, thanks Gamora.
Immediately after takeoff, the Standard mode is always active, regardless of what is set on the button. If there is another mode, then after takeoff, you must forcibly switch to Standard, and then to the mode you need.
This is done for protection, if you have the sport mode turned on by default, then the sensors are turned off in it and there is a chance of accidentally causing an accident.
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

I think I do not understand the logic yet. Does it mean that with obstacle avoidance enabled always the settings for normal mode are used ?

Or is this only for a short time after take off ?
2022-11-23
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI Posted at 11-23 23:54
I think I do not understand the logic yet. Does it mean that with obstacle avoidance enabled always the settings for normal mode are used ?

Or is this only for a short time after take off ?
Bypass or Break only works in Standard and Cine modes.
2022-11-24
Use props
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 11-24 00:41
Bypass or Break only works in Standard and Cine modes.

Somehow I still do not understand why this behavior is considered ok.

We have 3 fly modes and 3 settings tabs. I jut did a check with gimbal tilt in cine mode.When not flying, the seting from the cine tab was used. After take off, it used setting from the normal tab.

How difficult can it be ?. We have 3 switch positions and 3 configuration tabs, which IMHO must match.
See below image.

If not according to the below image, a clear explanation how it works and why must be provided.

[img]202211/24/214004pzq6oz688f5og8dd.png[/img

fly-mode.png
2022-11-24
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI Posted at 11-24 21:50
Somehow I still do not understand why this behavior is considered ok.

We have 3 fly modes and 3 settings tabs. I jut did a check with gimbal tilt in cine mode.When not flying, the seting from the cine tab was used. After take off, it used setting from the normal tab.

It is not normal for me. But this is how to solve the problem on your own.
From different situations and settings in flight, the Cine setting behaves differently. And this needs to be fixed by DJI.
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 11-25 04:06
It is not normal for me. But this is how to solve the problem on your own.
From different situations and settings in flight, the Cine setting behaves differently. And this needs to be fixed by DJI.

Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that DJI and you considered it "as designed", so I wanted to clarify more, hence the picture.
The problem is not a showstopper, and there are workarounds ,
But it makes the normal/cine selection a bit useless.

But I have to admit, I have the drone now for 3 weeks and so far I am happily surprised about the performance.
2022-11-25
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI Posted at 11-25 04:39
Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that DJI and you considered it "as designed", so I wanted to clarify more, hence the picture.
The problem is not a showstopper, and there are workarounds ,
But it makes the normal/cine selection a bit useless.

There are flaws in the work of the software, but the drone performs its functions and pleases with the flight and shots.
2022-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules