o(^-^)o
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 12-9 01:20
WTF DJI?

First read about that yesterday and couldn't believe it.

Today I reply myself. Yesterday I did install the complete december 8th firmware update on drone, googles 2 and fpv controller 2. There was no major "tsunami" of complaints from Europe noticeable so I took the bet. Today I did a short test outside. And tadaaaah, everything is OK, there is nothing different to notice, even with FCC hack active there are neither warnings nor other problems.

So obviously nobody has to worry in Europe with this update. We will see what's next, if the EASA Remote ID is coming some day. If yes, dices will be rolling again.
2022-12-24
Use props
Jose Miguel Puech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2314780 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Buena actualización,¿Quieres probarla?https://www.cursosdrones.com/nuevo-dji-fpv-avata/

2022-12-26
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

SeehawerB Posted at 12-24 06:12
Today I reply myself. Yesterday I did install the complete december 8th firmware update on drone, googles 2 and fpv controller 2. There was no major "tsunami" of complaints from Europe noticeable so I took the bet. Today I did a short test outside. And tadaaaah, everything is OK, there is nothing different to notice, even with FCC hack active there are neither warnings nor other problems.

https://youtu.be/CTrk41JPWIo

Thanks a lot. I was waiting for some good feedback from europe. With the fcc hack did you needed to refresh de firmware or make reset in the googles like someone said before?
2022-12-26
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Ricardo Cerqueira Posted at 12-26 12:39
Thanks a lot. I was waiting for some good feedback from europe. With the fcc hack did you needed to refresh de firmware or make reset in the googles like someone said before?

I just made all the firmware upgrade today, and what i found is that when you record in d-cinelike you have a lot of drops in MBps, is this supposed to happen? Only if you record in normal profile you get constant 50Mbps. Did a refresh firmware to the avata with the dji assistant 2, and also did a factory reset to the googles 2, reapplied the hack and nothing solves the issue with the d-cinelike signal. Any word on this? I found on reddit that other users are complaining the same.
2022-12-28
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry DJI for sounding negative here but the solution for Remote ID in having us tether our ourselves to our cell phone is a very poor solution to the US Requirement.  I think those of us in the USA should be offered another solution in order to meet the Remote ID requirement that the FCC has placed upon us.  Is there any chance a different solution is on the horizon?  This is a big step backwards for the pilot experience because now I have to worry about my battery on my iPhone.  Not good at all.
2023-1-9
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ricardo Cerqueira Posted at 2022-12-26 12:39

No, I just upgraded, no reset. FCC still working.
2023-1-9
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeJK3D Posted at 2022-12-8 15:24
Yikes - the new RemoteID implementation does make things interesting... the need for the phone to be connected to take off and not see an error is another level of frustration... maybe we can get a small USB GPS Receiver to connect to the headset on its own?  no need for a phone then?

@JoeJK3D - I agree 100%.  Now I have to worry about does my iPhone have a full battery charge.  I also hate the fact that I'm tethered to my iPhone.  It is bad enough that I have a battery being tethered to the Goggles.  I can except that because the Goggles need power. I'm hoping that having to have our cell phone was a temporary bandaid to meet the FCC requirement in the USA and DJI will come up with an alternate solution that is much cleaner.
2023-1-9
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Killerbee Posted at 2022-12-9 07:58
Ok, I had some time to see what has changed for my Avata since the update.

I live in the EU, the Netherlands to be exact, and I updated all the Avata related gear yesterday. My goggles are the V2's and they have the FCC hack on them.

@Killerbee - "FCC Hack" - I found this .  Is this "FCC Hack" a way of getting around having to have my goggles connected to my cell phone in the USA?
2023-1-9
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 618904 ft
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-9 22:34
@Killerbee - "FCC Hack" - I found this link.  Is this "FCC Hack" a way of getting around having to have my goggles connected to my cell phone in the USA?

This is just for increasing the signal strength to the US FCC allowances for people outside the US.  This doesn't impact the RemoteID function which is a FAA regulated feature.
2023-1-10
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeJK3D Posted at 1-10 12:33
This is just for increasing the signal strength to the US FCC allowances for people outside the US.  This doesn't impact the RemoteID function which is a FAA regulated feature.

Okay thank you JoejK3D for the explanation.
2023-1-10
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am in Canada and I can't make the Remote ID error go away unless I have my phone plugged in the whole time. Are you planning on making the Remote ID part USA only or do I always have to have my phone plugged in from now on? It's super inconvenient to have another cable and have to make sure my phone is charged etc. etc.
2023-1-14
Use props
nickfs000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1542746 ft
United States

I live in the United States and have updated the firmware that requires me to plug in my phone in order for Remote ID to function. I am traveling to Mexico in a couple of weeks, am I going to have issues using my Avata if there is no Cell service or GPS service?
2023-1-15
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

nickfs000 Posted at 1-15 12:38
I live in the United States and have updated the firmware that requires me to plug in my phone in order for Remote ID to function. I am traveling to Mexico in a couple of weeks, am I going to have issues using my Avata if there is no Cell service or GPS service?

It doesn’t need any data connection, just uses the GNSS coordinates from the phone. You should be able to lock into GNSS sats when out in the open sky.
2023-1-16
Use props
TNRMQN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36729 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still no option to invert pitch on the right stick I know this has been a common request on other forums. Seems like a simple software fix to add the option of "invert" on certain sticks is all that is needed. Any word on that update?
2023-1-23
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m tempted , loss of the FPV drone from battery issue under current; hell flown dji with errors pretty much since started LOL. Plug and unplug with lots of good improvements seems like a good trade off, I do miss the avata
2023-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules