Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

WTF DJI?

First read about that yesterday and couldn't believe it.
No update at all from now on for my Avata. What a BS.
2022-12-9
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

JoeJK3D Posted at 12-8 20:33
Its not an active internet, it needs the GPS position info from the phone.  The goggles dont seem to have their own GPS system so the phone is required.

what happends if you use a fake gps app on the phone and connect it, will it transmitt the fake adress? ;)
2022-12-9
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Most probably yes. But what's the point doing this?
2022-12-9
Use props
Paultbg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

Cesar Murillo Posted at 11-22 07:01
Goggles 2 not support with air unit ?

It's an error, amazing that no-one at DJI spotted that.
The Googles 2 already was able to link to the Air Unit O3, I was flying mine since the release date.
However, what is bringing new this update is the ability to link the Goggles 2 also to the older DJI Air units (the one with 2 antennas). This new unit is even pictured in the googles screen under "status > switch menu. Basically now I have 3 options there: Avata, DJI O3 and Dji FPV I think is cold.
Hopefully DJI will clarify that. On the other hand is good news for the Googles 2 owners as the older DJI air units are really cheap now, everybody is trying to upgrade to the O3.
2022-12-9
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Ok, I had some time to see what has changed for my Avata since the update.

I live in the EU, the Netherlands to be exact, and I updated all the Avata related gear yesterday. My goggles are the V2's and they have the FCC hack on them.
When I booted the drone, rc and goggles, I got the Remote ID message saying I needed to connect the Fly app to the goggles.

So, my guess is you'll only get remote ID when in FCC mode. Even outside of the USA.
2022-12-9
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Killerbee Posted at 12-9 07:58

I live in the EU, the Netherlands to be exact, and I updated all the Avata related gear yesterday. My goggles are the V2's and they have the FCC hack on them.

So everybody that lives in europe and has the FCC hack applied, will also need to have the phone connected to googles from now on. Great way to force us to not apply the hack dji. Can more people confirm this?
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_fwdu8DRUld6u
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

Killerbee Posted at 12-9 07:58

@Killerbee, you have the remote id message but Can you fly without connect your phone? I update mine ( same config than you ) but cant test cause raining today...
2022-12-9
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_fwdu8DRUld6u Posted at 12-9 08:52
@Killerbee, you have the remote id message but Can you fly without connect your phone? I update mine ( same config than you ) but cant test cause raining today...

Motors are starting...check
Avata takes off indoor in N mode...check
Note that indoor I don't have a GPS lock, so results may be different outdoors.

I need to test outdoor tomorrow.
2022-12-9
Use props
idahoskiguy
lvl.1
United States

Like my Avata just the way it is......won't be updating.
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_fwdu8DRUld6u
lvl.4
France

Try to fly it quickly by night and all it s ok ( i live in France ) despite the advertising message on the boot than i choose of hidden.
Take off and fly great in M mode ( need to reactivite M mode in the goggles setting after update ). Hope it will be the same for you
2022-12-9
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_fwdu8DRUld6u Posted at 12-9 10:48
Try to fly it quickly by night and all it s ok ( i live in France ) despite the advertising message on the boot than i choose of hidden.
Take off and fly great in M mode ( need to reactivite M mode in the goggles setting after update ). Hope it will be the same for you

I expect it to be the same. Did you have GPS lock / homepoint update?
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_fwdu8DRUld6u
lvl.4
France

Killerbee Posted at 12-9 10:50
I expect it to be the same. Did you have GPS lock / homepoint update?

Yes Gps lock and homepoint update when i take off. And fcc hack of course
2022-12-9
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

djiuser_fwdu8DRUld6u Posted at 12-9 11:16
Yes Gps lock and homepoint update when i take off. And fcc hack of course

Since you have the fcc hack, do you need to keep your phone connected or is the same as before?
2022-12-9
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

same here from the nederlands did update got remote error but could skip it but was inside
2022-12-9
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

Can confirm. Non-US pilots can safely update and even use FCC hack.
We get all the goods and can fly without a phone connected to the goggles.
There's only a Remote ID warning when booting the goggles, but you can choose to skip that.

After that, it's happy flying!
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_fwdu8DRUld6u
lvl.4
France

Same as before, no need to plug your phone in EU. Think to update your battery too
2022-12-10
Use props
pawcio007gmail.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3247490 ft
Poland

Do you have 10bit Color, Low Bitrate 27?? In normal have 50 fcc of course
2022-12-10
Use props
PlunderFest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243173 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t know why the avata can’t side load map data to the goggles so you don’t need a phone.

I won’t be updating and as a film maker 10-bit is exciting.
2022-12-10
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

PlunderFest Posted at 12-10 10:19
I don’t know why the avata can’t side load map data to the goggles so you don’t need a phone.

I won’t be updating and as a film maker 10-bit is exciting.

Because the FAA requires Standard Remote ID to report the pilot position, not simply the Home position. Since Avata can change the Home position after takeoff, this feature defeats a Remote ID requirement for Standard Remote ID.

DIY drones that use a Remote ID Module (added after manufacture) are only required to report the takeoff (Home) position.

Blame the FAA, not DJI.
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_ReQT91NkaPng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61161 ft
Canada

Dear DJI Support

The current implement of Remote ID has an unwanted side effect. It's currently affecting Canadian pilots that use the the Avata. Remote ID is not part of the transport Canada mandate. Please consider this a geographical error with your implementation. Please provide an update when this will addressed

Thanks
2022-12-10
Use props
fansa4e9a5ba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24081 ft
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-8 11:28
Disclaimer:  I've NOT yet updated (because I like to see firmware updates don't break something else).  That being said *BEWARE*, I've read more than one post on social media indicating the following..  

I'm in the US and I updated and I can confirm that, once you do, you will need to connect your phone before the drone will allow you to launch. I never tried disconnecting the phone during flight. I'm not that interested in testing DJI Care
2022-12-11
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Same as before, no need to plug your phone in EU. Need to update your battery
2022-12-11
Use props
fans0b9fc78b
New
Flight distance : 549117 ft
Germany

Hello everyone,
yesterday I installed the new updates for the Goggles 2, the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and the Avata because I need compatibility with the Caddx vistas.

The updates all worked and the Avata also flies as usual.

Then I updated a drone with a Caddx vista with the help of the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to version 01.01.0000 with date 07.12.2022. Tying works with both the Goggles 2 and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2. In the goggles I see the picture of the Caddx Vista.

The remote control also indicates that it is bound. However, I can't start the engines. So I connected it to Betaflight 4.3 to assign the right switch. I saw that no control signals from the transmitter arrived at the copter. The beta flight configuration is unchanged. Before that, I flew the copter with the V1 glasses and the black transmitter.

No matter what I choose from Serial Receiver Provider, the remote control signals do not arrive. Does anyone have the same use case and can report on their results?

Thank you & greetings

Matthias
2022-12-11
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

fans0b9fc78b Posted at 12-11 07:05
Hello everyone,
yesterday I installed the new updates for the Goggles 2, the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and the Avata because I need compatibility with the Caddx vistas.

Make sure the throttle on Controller 2 is all the way at the bottom.
2022-12-11
Use props
fans0b9fc78b
New
Flight distance : 549117 ft
Germany

Problem solved. In the Goggles is a configration item where it is possible to change the transmitter protocol.
2022-12-11
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
France

Update work correctly on my avata but...even if fcc mode seem to be enable ( 3 Channel in transmission menu ) thé range is awful! In a spot where i often fly, bitrate down to 10mb at 400 meters when i had 40/45mb before update. Dcinelike or normal color dont change the issue
Other in the same case??
2022-12-12
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Snoze Posted at 12-12 04:39
Update work correctly on my avata but...even if fcc mode seem to be enable ( 3 Channel in transmission menu ) thé range is awful! In a spot where i often fly, bitrate down to 10mb at 400 meters when i had 40/45mb before update. Dcinelike or normal color dont change the issue
Other in the same case??

Connect Avata to computer and use Assistant 2 to refresh firmware. It will be back to 50mbps. Tell us if that works.
2022-12-12
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
France

Just reset my goggles, format sd card and apply b3yond hack. And all work again! No avata firmware refresh
2022-12-12
Use props
fans0eec18cf
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone tried to use their phone's gps with wifi turned off? I'm trying to find out if you can fly off grid or if you need internet access.
2022-12-12
Use props
stevejusto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

idahoskiguy Posted at 12-9 10:36
Like my Avata just the way it is......won't be updating.

me too, i wont be doing the update, iam in the uk and use the FCC hack which is working perfect, if i do the update it looks like i will need phone connected due to using HAM FILE HACK. i might be wrong but not risking it...
2022-12-13
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

fans0eec18cf Posted at 12-12 12:46
Has anyone tried to use their phone's gps with wifi turned off? I'm trying to find out if you can fly off grid or if you need internet access.

Yes, it works in Airplane mode with no internet access.
2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_YlxTA7UidYN5
New
United States

Will there be FULL REFUNDS available for avata…. For gov and dji interference with the fun of our hobbies…. I don’t remember getting a chance to vote on this decision… we’ve got as much right to the air space as anyone else….. I DONT OWN A SMARTPHONE. what now!  Everything done on computer hooked to restaurant FREE WIFI.
REFUND PLEASE
2022-12-16
Use props
PlunderFest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243173 ft
  • >>>
United States

ADSB on an aircraft doesn’t even require the perfectly exact position of a pilot upon takeoff. It’s a great tool for pilots to see other pilots. Which was the point of the system…. Not for the FAA to govern drone pilot position. From my understanding Ultralites do not require ADSB. So for the FAA to demand control over something that has less travel than an ultralite, and most certainly stays under 2000 feet it has really no chance to interfere with another aircraft. Especially since there is no ADSB out. Beyond that….. who gives a flying F if the drone pilot makes money at his/her craft.  This is a gross display of over reaching by the FAA to enforce fines?  People are aware of air spaces. The drones are system locked via software. If DJI implimented a feature where you could only change home position by a 4 foot radius in takeoff that’s within every single perimeter of an actual aircraft, and would negate the reason of plugging in your phone till you need to. Annoyed…. Ugh.
2022-12-16
Use props
fans926ba808
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26713 ft
United States

Ken H Posted at 12-8 22:51
Remote ID error after the Goggles 2 v01.03 update.  After the goggles 2 and Avata connect you get a remote id error. It only goes away if you connect the goggles to your phone with a cable and DJI Fly running. If you disconnect the cable the remote id error comes back and will not allow you to fly.  Hundreds of people on YouTube have confirmed this is happening to them as well.  Rolling  back gets rid of the error but then the drone does not let you start the propellers to take off.

turn on location services for DJI Fly App, that sets up the Remote ID. Sucks but is what it is. Other dumb error with low power state goes away outside and when you start recording. Seems silly, but thats how it works for me.
2022-12-16
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

PlunderFest Posted at 12-16 10:42
ADSB on an aircraft doesn’t even require the perfectly exact position of a pilot upon takeoff. It’s a great tool for pilots to see other pilots. Which was the point of the system…. Not for the FAA to govern drone pilot position. From my understanding Ultralites do not require ADSB. So for the FAA to demand control over something that has less travel than an ultralite, and most certainly stays under 2000 feet it has really no chance to interfere with another aircraft. Especially since there is no ADSB out. Beyond that….. who gives a flying F if the drone pilot makes money at his/her craft.  This is a gross display of over reaching by the FAA to enforce fines?  People are aware of air spaces. The drones are system locked via software. If DJI implimented a feature where you could only change home position by a 4 foot radius in takeoff that’s within every single perimeter of an actual aircraft, and would negate the reason of plugging in your phone till you need to. Annoyed…. Ugh.

Yup. Overreach - and we let them do it. Our government hates us.
2022-12-16
Use props
djiuser_YlxTA7UidYN5
New
United States

Yes I’ve seen others comment on a small GPS unit with a pass through USB C so it’s like it’s part of the GOGGLES I think this would be an excellent solution to being tethered to a smartphone!! THAT I DONT OWN!!
2022-12-16
Use props
Indra3
New
Flight distance : 1092831 ft
United States

I Just got new dji avata with motion controller,
After connected the goggle to my phone and dji app and upgrading all the firmware also bring the drone outside to update the home point and my phone able to located the present location, the motor wont start at all after I pressed the start button twice or three times.
Everything on the motion controller works fine, i can tilt or moving the camera.
It just wont start the motor.

Please help, thank you
2022-12-18
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Elendil Posted at 11-22 18:21
I just updated mine. I can confirm that the ham_cfg_support FCC hack still works. I can still see 3 channels.

Me too. Everything still working after update.
2022-12-19
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Snoze Posted at 12-12 10:56
Just reset my goggles, format sd card and apply b3yond hack. And all work again! No avata firmware refresh

thanks for that tip, so the fcc hack with the file does not work, even though it shows the extra channels?
2022-12-19
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

PlunderFest Posted at 12-16 10:42
ADSB on an aircraft doesn’t even require the perfectly exact position of a pilot upon takeoff. It’s a great tool for pilots to see other pilots. Which was the point of the system…. Not for the FAA to govern drone pilot position. From my understanding Ultralites do not require ADSB. So for the FAA to demand control over something that has less travel than an ultralite, and most certainly stays under 2000 feet it has really no chance to interfere with another aircraft. Especially since there is no ADSB out. Beyond that….. who gives a flying F if the drone pilot makes money at his/her craft.  This is a gross display of over reaching by the FAA to enforce fines?  People are aware of air spaces. The drones are system locked via software. If DJI implimented a feature where you could only change home position by a 4 foot radius in takeoff that’s within every single perimeter of an actual aircraft, and would negate the reason of plugging in your phone till you need to. Annoyed…. Ugh.

After trying to fly multiple times with a phone plugged in, I gave up. I rolled the Avata back to the non-Fascist firmware. I get a mismatched firmware caution message, but fly without a stupid phone plugged into my head. Bite me, feds. If anyone wants to roll back, it’s fairly easy - just do a internet search.
2022-12-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules